Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C7 Corvette > C7 Tech/Performance
Reload this Page >

Let's see just what bolt-on mods will do for a C7 LT1!!

Notices
C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let's see just what bolt-on mods will do for a C7 LT1!!

 
Old 05-12-2018, 01:33 AM
  #61  
L1FRDOG
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
Thread Starter
 
L1FRDOG's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2017
Location: Stafford VA
Posts: 301
Thanked 153 Times in 84 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by spinkick View Post
not exactly, it still closes at 1700 rpm or so, even in track mode.
Perhaps I am looking at the wrong thing, but when I am idling and shine a flashlight in I can see valves and they are full open...
L1FRDOG is offline  
Old 05-12-2018, 07:50 AM
  #62  
Streetrod782
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Feb 2015
Location: Lindenhurst Illinois
Posts: 1,009
Thanks: 0
Thanked 184 Times in 120 Posts
Default

Pull the fuse and start it. You'll know immediately. I thought, and I could be wrong, there were two sets of butterfly's, one you can see and one further in?
Streetrod782 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Streetrod782 For This Useful Post:
spinkick (03-12-2019)
Old 05-12-2018, 07:55 AM
  #63  
lakemg
CF Senior Member
 
lakemg's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2014
Posts: 2,285
Thanked 583 Times in 453 Posts
Default

There are two sets of butterflys. The most forward set is for AFM. The rear set is for the NPP assuming one has the NPP exhaust system. Pulling the fuse keeps the NPP valves open. My 2015 Z51 with NPP also has the track feature mentioned above, but it will force it out of track at highway speeds/low RPM. Pulling the fuse will keep it in track all of the time.
lakemg is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lakemg For This Useful Post:
L1FRDOG (05-12-2018), spinkick (03-12-2019)
Old 05-12-2018, 08:39 AM
  #64  
L1FRDOG
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
Thread Starter
 
L1FRDOG's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2017
Location: Stafford VA
Posts: 301
Thanked 153 Times in 84 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by lakemg View Post
There are two sets of butterflys. The most forward set is for AFM. The rear set is for the NPP assuming one has the NPP exhaust system. Pulling the fuse keeps the NPP valves open. My 2015 Z51 with NPP also has the track feature mentioned above, but it will force it out of track at highway speeds/low RPM. Pulling the fuse will keep it in track all of the time.
Now that makes sense

Given that info I will still have to keep the fuse. I just enjoy the ability I go from track to stealth mode too much

Track pretty much everywhere, but I prefer quiet in my neighborhood
L1FRDOG is offline  
Old 05-12-2018, 08:51 AM
  #65  
lakemg
CF Senior Member
 
lakemg's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2014
Posts: 2,285
Thanked 583 Times in 453 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by L1FRDOG View Post
Now that makes sense

Given that info I will still have to keep the fuse. I just enjoy the ability I go from track to stealth mode too much

Track pretty much everywhere, but I prefer quiet in my neighborhood
I'm with ya...I like having the flexibility to still go quiet when needed.
lakemg is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to lakemg For This Useful Post:
L1FRDOG (05-12-2018)
Old 05-12-2018, 11:21 AM
  #66  
spinkick
CF Senior Member
 
spinkick's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2003
Location: Brighton Mi
Posts: 2,474
Thanked 261 Times in 175 Posts
Default

not to take the subject off track too much, but thats what the mild2wild does. You keep the car in stealth mode and use the mild 2 wild to turn the flaps on and off at will.
spinkick is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to spinkick For This Useful Post:
L1FRDOG (05-12-2018)
Old 05-12-2018, 09:31 PM
  #67  
L1FRDOG
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
Thread Starter
 
L1FRDOG's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2017
Location: Stafford VA
Posts: 301
Thanked 153 Times in 84 Posts
Default

Not closing the topic, but wanted to say that my goals have been met. I was able to achieve my primary goal of adding as much "bolt-on" stuff as I could (I know there is always more but...) and then getting a Dyno HP tune. the secondary goal was also achieved. The Dyno demonstrated (not in numbers, but in percentage gain) that while bolt-on's do add power they do not truely add the amounts claimed. I will caveat that they may add those numbers, but there is no way to see those numbers add up to a total, and my understanding is many of those claims will usually involve a "tune" as well to achieve the highest results.

Anyway... getting back on the point. Bolt-on's do add power, but the TUNE (and I mean a good tuner) is what will unlock all the power of the engine with those bolt-on's. I have numbers that demonstrate it. I saw it with my own eyes, and the proverbial seat of the pants tells me that 66 extra HP is definitely "Feelable".

Now that I have paid for my HP Tuner licensing I will be dynoing periodically as additional items get added. Unfortuneately that will probably be fall/spring, late, or next year as I will be tracking the car and my budget doesn't allow for "Modding" during the season.

L1FRDOG
Deeds, Not Words!
L1FRDOG is offline  
Old 05-13-2018, 08:46 PM
  #68  
NOMOREWORK
CF Senior Member
 
NOMOREWORK's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2006
Location: Chelsea Mass
Posts: 378
Thanked 58 Times in 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15
Default Cats

Originally Posted by L1FRDOG View Post
Not closing the topic, but wanted to say that my goals have been met. I was able to achieve my primary goal of adding as much "bolt-on" stuff as I could (I know there is always more but...) and then getting a Dyno HP tune. the secondary goal was also achieved. The Dyno demonstrated (not in numbers, but in percentage gain) that while bolt-on's do add power they do not truely add the amounts claimed. I will caveat that they may add those numbers, but there is no way to see those numbers add up to a total, and my understanding is many of those claims will usually involve a "tune" as well to achieve the highest results.

Anyway... getting back on the point. Bolt-on's do add power, but the TUNE (and I mean a good tuner) is what will unlock all the power of the engine with those bolt-on's. I have numbers that demonstrate it. I saw it with my own eyes, and the proverbial seat of the pants tells me that 66 extra HP is definitely "Feelable".

Now that I have paid for my HP Tuner licensing I will be dynoing periodically as additional items get added. Unfortuneately that will probably be fall/spring, late, or next year as I will be tracking the car and my budget doesn't allow for "Modding" during the season.

L1FRDOG
Deeds, Not Words!
What brand of High Flo cats did you use ?
NOMOREWORK is offline  
Old 05-13-2018, 09:09 PM
  #69  
L1FRDOG
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
Thread Starter
 
L1FRDOG's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2017
Location: Stafford VA
Posts: 301
Thanked 153 Times in 84 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by NOMOREWORK View Post
What brand of High Flo cats did you use ?
ARH Mid-length Headers w/ High Flow Cats


C7-14134300MLWC
C7 & C7/Z06 Corvette Mid-Length System

don't know the manufacturer...
L1FRDOG is offline  
Old 12-31-2018, 01:21 AM
  #70  
Tmogo116
Junior Member
 
Member Since: Nov 2018
Location: West Palm Beach FL
Posts: 37
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Book marking this..
So I have a 17 base 7m

So far..
Afe intake
Corsa xpipe

I ordered the MSD intake it just got here today
Since I have the corsa xpipe already I was thinking of getting the corsa headers they bolt right together and wont have to worry about selling the xpipeI know I can get the full tsp headers and their xpipe for less than a grand but idk I dont want to have the hassle of selling the xpipeI
Also planning on getting the E85 sensor as well as edgy vetts ports tb

I am in south Florida so I was reccomended Lashway motorsports or Redline for dyno tuning I would like to break the 500 rwhp number as well.
Tmogo116 is offline  
Old 03-11-2019, 11:27 PM
  #71  
[email protected]
Supporting Vendor
 
Mike@SolerEngr's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2018
Location: South Alabama
Posts: 175
Thanked 56 Times in 32 Posts
Default

L1FRDOG, nice build. Congrats. Check us out. You might like this upgrade.


https://www.solerengineering.com/technical

or,

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...know-it-6.html

Thanks,
__________________
Mike,
Soler Performance LLC.
[email protected]
www.solerengineering.com
Mike@SolerEngr is offline  
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Let's see just what bolt-on mods will do for a C7 LT1!!


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: