New C7 suspension upgrade cost? - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New C7 suspension upgrade cost?

Old 05-13-2018, 11:31 AM
DakotaVette
CF Senior Member

Default New C7 suspension upgrade cost?

As I read about the new suspension upgrade available for the C7 I was pretty excited. Later I talked to a friend in our club and he had also found out about it and had talked to our local Chevy dealership and learned they had the upgrade so he had them do it. The charge was $350. He said he could tell the difference on his 2015 Z51 coupe. My question concerns the cost to do it? It seems that other software, whether called upgrades or fixes, seem to be done as a matter of fact. Maybe There is a difference in this upgrade versus some other one that isnít called a performance upgrade. Anyone else have this upgrade done and what did they pay to have it done?
Old 05-13-2018, 01:06 PM
Jeff V.
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by DakotaVette View Post
Maybe There is a difference in this upgrade versus some other one that isnít called a performance upgrade.
This is exactly it. So much of the confusion comes because software is usually meant to correct a problem. This is a performance "parts" upgrade. Same as adding different wheels or remote start.
Old 05-13-2018, 01:10 PM
robert miller
CF Senior Member

Thanked 1,060 Times in 965 Posts
Default ttt

price all over the table here from reading in here. Plus from reading in here problems also from way to stiff to couldn't tell diff's from going back to the stock ride on the car.

If I wasn't going to a coilover set up on the car I would let it be as is. On the coilover you have the best of it all ride go up & down plus each corner independent from the other corner. Plus you can chg out the springs weights to get out of the car what you truly want out of it. Spring are truly cheap for the coilovers & put diff weight spring on the front & rear.. Robert
Old 05-13-2018, 01:55 PM
DakotaVette
CF Senior Member

Interesting thought on the coil over springs, but I am not sure I would want to get into that type of upgrade. I my part I would like to have the touring mode be a little more forgiving with the bumps. I am fine with the sport mode for what I do. Again, what should the cost be? Are some people paying more than others, could some work out a cheaper price from a dealer? Just a thought.
Old 05-14-2018, 09:00 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Thanked 2,952 Times in 2,024 Posts

The price is supposed to be $350 and when your dealer service department finally gets their heads screwed on right and talk to the correct people at GM they will charge you $350 total.

The software is not a patch so that is why it isn't free. It is an upgrade to bring the older MRC suspensions up to date with the newer models. You have two ways to get it. Buy the upgrade for $350 or buy a new 2018 Vette for $85,000.

Bill
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Dearborn For This Useful Post:
jrzybil (05-20-2018)
Old 12-06-2018, 07:00 PM
JJoeG
CF Member

I like option 2
Old 12-09-2018, 12:51 AM
X25
Sr.Random input generator
Support Corvetteforum!

I think it comes standard with 2019 models, not 2018.
Old Yesterday, 10:04 PM
Avanti
CF Senior Member

The cost simply reflects the appreciation GM has for your patronage!

(bend over)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New C7 suspension upgrade cost?

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: