C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Axle Back Borla Attack Mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2018, 05:24 PM
taekyon
Heel & Toe

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Axle Back Borla Attack Mufflers

I have a 17 GS with the Borla X-Pipe with the secondary cat deleted. Does anyone know how it will sound with the axle back borla attack muffflers? No other mods are on the car, other than a short shifter. I think I want a little more sound, but I don't want to be totally obnoxious sounding.
Old 06-05-2018, 08:34 AM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 280 Likes on 213 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

I have that exact setup on my 17 Z06/7 the ATAK wasn't near as loud as I thought it would be. I have the one with NPP. So two valves per side. It get's quiet with them on. Off it's a bit louder definitely a deeper sound. I have their diffuser that's the only real reason I went with their exhaust b/c they bolt together. If you ask me it's not worth the $2k for just sound alone. Looks maybe. Sound not so much. Little more pop's and different tone. For me it was more about being unique too many Z's around these days.

I have this one: BORLA 11875 ATAK Rear Section Exhaust System (with AFM and NPP, includes Intercooled Tips)

Last edited by C5-VERT; 06-05-2018 at 08:35 AM.
The following users liked this post:
taekyon (06-05-2018)
Old 06-05-2018, 08:38 AM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 280 Likes on 213 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Old 06-05-2018, 09:10 AM
Jack Be Quick Racing
Pro

Location: Detroit area and Nashville area What day is it? Between MI & TN
Received 58 Likes on 38 Posts

With the mods you have right now, it will be less raspy then the stock mufflers and not really that much louder when you compare sport mode to sport mode.

I did the Corsa off-road double helix first. Made some sound difference on the stock NPP. A small bump in sound.

Then I added the Borla Atak dual mode (NPP compatible) system. More throaty sound, less raspy. I liked it but was not loud enough for me. When in tour mode the exhaust just quiets right out. Nice for long drives.

I added ARH midlength headers with hi-flow cats. That got me the sound I was looking for. The headers made a more significant change. Long tubes would have really made a difference but, i wanted to have the option of running without a tune on the car. At some point when it's finally time to supercharge, I'll replace with long tube headers and go catless.

Check this video - this is BEFORE I put the ARH headers on:

taekyon (06-05-2018)
Old 06-05-2018, 10:35 AM
Internets_Ninja
Safety Car

Received 1,287 Likes on 847 Posts

My experience

Stock NPP = way too quiet
+ Borla Catless X Pipe = slightly louder, still not enough
+Borla S-type Axle Back = quite a bit louder, especially at WOT, but still not that ground shaking sound I was looking for
+ ARH Midlength with Cats = PERFECT. In Tour mode it is still pretty tame. In Track mode it is ground shaking and has a beautiful scream at WOT

The S-Type has a deeper cleaner tone than the Atak in my opinion which is why I chose the S-Type.

Note: In Eco Mode on the highway when V4 kicks in, the car is pretty much silent. Great for long trips.
taekyon (06-05-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Axle Back Borla Attack Mufflers

Quick Reply: Axle Back Borla Attack Mufflers