C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some help identifying a part in the C7's door

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 09:27 PM
jdlev
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Need some help identifying a part in the C7's door

Hi Guys,

So I pulled the interior door trim panel on the driver side to install some dynamat and ended up w/ 2 extra bolts and one rubber ball washer looking thingee (I'll post pics later, but best I can do for now is describe the parts)

The two bolts came from inside the door. They're not the 2 black bolts at the bottom of the trim, nor are they the same bolts that hold the middle of the door in place (like the one behind the door opener button). However, they look exactly like the 2 middle bolts that hold the trim on except each has a washer on it.

The other part is this little rubber part that looks like a window stop. I'm almost positive it goes w/ the window assembly since the door sticks w/ the window up without the bolts or this part. There's also a noticeable rattle coming from the area where the door handle is that's no doubt related.

I've looked all over any door schematics I could find without any luck. Any ideas is appreciated! Here are the parts I'm talking about. There are 2 of the bolts and 1 of the rubber stop looking thingees. Thanks!

Last edited by jdlev; 06-18-2018 at 09:38 PM.
Old 06-27-2018, 02:41 AM
jdlev
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Figured out what the rubber piece was. It goes in the upper part of the window track near the upper pulley. Incidentally, I found the same rubber piece was used on the targa top lock handles.So...there....now you know

Here's where the rubber pieces are located:

Old 06-28-2018, 04:51 PM
Avanti
Race Director

Received 5,216 Likes on 3,459 Posts

Did you find the bolts laying in the door, or did you remove them and forget from where? The head of the bolt you show looks like it has been well used.

The reason I ask the question and note the latter is that there was a time when it was not uncommon to find extra parts, especially fasteners in car "voids." I once found three bolts in the pan of a GM automatic tranny when it came apart for its initial oil and filter change. No, none were missing from anywhere inside it. Go figure.

Best of luck

Get notified of new replies

To Need some help identifying a part in the C7's door

Quick Reply: Need some help identifying a part in the C7's door