Dashlogic and NPP on a 2015 z51 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dashlogic and NPP on a 2015 z51

Old 07-23-2018, 05:00 PM
  #1  
sevinn
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
Thread Starter
 
sevinn's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2009
Location: Baton Rouge LA
Posts: 3,419
Thanked 120 Times in 114 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14, '16
Default Dashlogic and NPP on a 2015 z51

Does anyone here use a dashlogic/dashcontrol to control NPP? My mirror switch isn't controlling the exhaust and I'm just wondering if I'm missing something as to how I'm supposed to setup the car via engine sound management on the radio to make it work. The only time the dashlogic ever displays anything about NPP is when I put the car into track mode it says "NPP Track mode."

Thanks!
sevinn is offline  
Old 07-23-2018, 11:48 PM
  #2  
MCK_Z06
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
MCK_Z06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2000
Location: McKinney Texas
Posts: 231
Thanked 58 Times in 44 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by sevinn View Post
Does anyone here use a dashlogic/dashcontrol to control NPP? My mirror switch isn't controlling the exhaust and I'm just wondering if I'm missing something as to how I'm supposed to setup the car via engine sound management on the radio to make it work. The only time the dashlogic ever displays anything about NPP is when I put the car into track mode it says "NPP Track mode."

Thanks!
Yes, I do and there is nothing special you have to set to make it work.
Just plug it in wait a sec for the message on the center screen that says its connected to the CAN bus, then just move the mirror switch.
It will override anything you have set on "sound management" or via drive mode. (unless you have the switch in the center position, then its uses the one of the factory selections.)

I have noticed these are picky about what cars the decide to work with though.
Mine has worked on all 15's I have used it on and most 16's.
But I have a friend at work with a 16 Z06 and he bought one after seeing mine and his has never worked for controlling the NPP.
I even tried mine in his car which has worked perfectly since day 1 and no go. All of the other DashLogic stuff works on his using either unit but NPP will not.

Put his DL unit on my car and it works fine for all features.
AutoMeter sent him some one-off firmware which did not work either so they just refunded his money.

I know these will not work on any C7 that's 2017 or newer.

Oh when its working and you open the NPP flaps it will flash "power mode" on the center display in Blue for a sec. That's an easy way to see if its doing anything,

Last edited by MCK_Z06; 07-23-2018 at 11:50 PM. Reason: add comment.
MCK_Z06 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to MCK_Z06 For This Useful Post:
sevinn (07-23-2018)
Old 07-23-2018, 11:52 PM
  #3  
sevinn
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
Thread Starter
 
sevinn's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2009
Location: Baton Rouge LA
Posts: 3,419
Thanked 120 Times in 114 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14, '16
Default

Thanks for the reply. I also tried my friends dashlogic and had the same result (no npp control). I contacted support a week ago and haven't heard anything from them so maybe they will give me a one off firmware to try. I got it for cheap so I'm not too upset since the pids still work fine and I'll wire a wb up to it as well so I will be keeping it, but would like the npp control to work is all since that's the feature I liked most from the c6.
sevinn is offline  
Old 07-24-2018, 01:07 AM
  #4  
MCK_Z06
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
MCK_Z06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2000
Location: McKinney Texas
Posts: 231
Thanked 58 Times in 44 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by sevinn View Post
Thanks for the reply. I also tried my friends dashlogic and had the same result (no npp control). I contacted support a week ago and haven't heard anything from them so maybe they will give me a one off firmware to try. I got it for cheap so I'm not too upset since the pids still work fine and I'll wire a wb up to it as well so I will be keeping it, but would like the npp control to work is all since that's the feature I liked most from the c6.
Yes, I like the NPP override by switch a lot, and so do my neighbor's... lol!
Sounds like you have the exact problem my coworker experienced, unfortunately they were un-able to resolve it for him.
MCK_Z06 is offline  
Old 07-24-2018, 09:57 AM
  #5  
sevinn
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
Thread Starter
 
sevinn's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2009
Location: Baton Rouge LA
Posts: 3,419
Thanked 120 Times in 114 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14, '16
Default

Oh well I'll just build a normal mild 2 wild style controller. Thanks for the heads up!

Last edited by sevinn; 07-24-2018 at 09:57 AM.
sevinn is offline  
Old 12-06-2018, 01:19 AM
  #6  
Lukes07Vette
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Sep 2008
Posts: 127
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by MCK_Z06 View Post
Yes, I like the NPP override by switch a lot, and so do my neighbor's... lol!
Sounds like you have the exact problem my coworker experienced, unfortunately they were un-able to resolve it for him.
If you put it in stealth mode does it stay quiet all the way to redline?
Lukes07Vette is offline  
Old 12-06-2018, 01:30 PM
  #7  
BrunoTheMellow
CF Senior Member
 
BrunoTheMellow's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,595
Thanked 242 Times in 187 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Lukes07Vette View Post
If you put it in stealth mode does it stay quiet all the way to redline?
on a non-z06 yes. not sure about z06.
BrunoTheMellow is offline  
Old 12-06-2018, 02:11 PM
  #8  
MCK_Z06
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
MCK_Z06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2000
Location: McKinney Texas
Posts: 231
Thanked 58 Times in 44 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by BrunoTheMellow View Post
on a non-z06 yes. not sure about z06.
It does on a Z06 too, though Im not sure what the impact is going WOT to redline with them forced closed.
I just played with it a few times to see what happened. They stayed closed the whole time though I could hear the valves kind of vibrating/clinking trying to hold the exhaust back.
MCK_Z06 is offline  


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dashlogic and NPP on a 2015 z51


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: