C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suspension mods for Z51 with Mag Ride

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2018, 04:14 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

Originally Posted by MerakiAutoworks
A lot of the LG Motorsports components are beneficial for addressing your steering problems. Many members that track their car use their components.

-Josh
They also like to know what the guy is trying to do so they can sell him the correct package for what he wants to do.

Bill
Old 08-15-2018, 06:16 PM
Dane@LGmotorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 641 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by panerainovice
Hi Guys,

I'm big in suspension especially for my car and ever since owning my C7 Z51 with Mag Ride, I can't find any options for upgrading my suspension aside from aftermarket sway bars. I've installed the Pfadt front and rear sway bars with their endlinks. What else can I do to increase traction and decrease body roll with the car? Since the shocks are mag ride controlled, I can't really change them out as that defeats the purpose of mag ride. The leaf spring rates are mated to the mag ride settings as well. I was also thinking of getting a DSC controller but I've heard for the price it doesn't make as big of a difference and not really worth it. Any other mods I can add to stiffen up suspension?
I'm a little late on this thread, but I haven't seen control arm bushings mentioned, rubber allows for quite a bit of wheel deflection. I think someone has delrin bushing out now that will help, the only way to eliminate it entirely is to go with our monoball control arm kit.

Originally Posted by X25
Get the LG sways. They do have a much thicker center, and provide much more support. Pfadt sways are known to be soft.
Pfillows. Thanks for the mention

Originally Posted by robert miller
I agree the LG stuff is better I had the other on the c5 & took them off for the LG. Plus I have the LG on my c7 now with the mag ride on it & lowered on stock bolts... Robert
GT2's are calling lol. Thanks Robert
Old 08-15-2018, 06:23 PM
village idiot
Le Mans Master

Received 1,913 Likes on 1,053 Posts

Originally Posted by Dane@LGmotorsports
I'm a little late on this thread, but I haven't seen control arm bushings mentioned, rubber allows for quite a bit of wheel deflection. I think someone has delrin bushing out now that will help, the only way to eliminate it entirely is to go with our monoball control arm kit.

how long do the solid ones last for street use.
Old 08-15-2018, 06:51 PM
rb185afm
Drifting

Received 551 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by village idiot
i have a couple thousand street miles on my solid LG monoball bushings. So far so good. Handling at the limit is magical with them. It’s the best mod I’ve ever done! I will never go back to **** bushings. However, be prepared to feel every single imperfection in your local roads.

Last edited by rb185afm; 08-15-2018 at 06:53 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Dane@LGmotorsports (08-16-2018)
Old 08-15-2018, 09:08 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by Dane@LGmotorsports

Buddy I dont need to be looking in your guys web site, Almost every time I do my wallet is a lot thinner but for sure you guys do a ton of RR on all the parts you put out. I always look to you before going anyplace else for parts. Robert

Last edited by robert miller; 08-15-2018 at 09:09 PM.
Old 08-16-2018, 12:27 PM
Dane@LGmotorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 641 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by village idiot
Dallas North Highway... Forever
Right lane of Turtle Creek every day.... might knock one or two loose after a couple years but they can be individually serviced.

Originally Posted by robert miller
Buddy I dont need to be looking in your guys web site, Almost every time I do my wallet is a lot thinner but for sure you guys do a ton of RR on all the parts you put out. I always look to you before going anyplace else for parts. Robert
This made me actually lol. Thanks as always.
Old 08-17-2018, 05:21 PM
tanisdwninit
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

mag ride recalibration/update? Something I wish I could do to my 17 SS which GM decided to configure the mag ride from factory more compliant making the car too soft in my opinion. But C7 owners have ability to change mag ride if they choose too, could be more of a handling improvement than hard parts and already designed to work with said OEM hard suspension parts.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...e-from-gm.html

Quick Reply: Suspension mods for Z51 with Mag Ride