C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat belt swap issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2018, 08:28 AM
raisinjack
Pro

Received 216 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Seat belt swap issue

I am swapping out my black seat belts for red ones. just got the new red ones and the drivers side is fine and in. The passenger side new belt will not extend unless I press on a specific spot on the white plastic cover. the black one I removed does not do this, it extends as normal.

I have the shop manual and so far it isn't of any help with this. So my question is, what does this black wire do on this belt assembly? It is not on the drivers side. Does it somehow lock out a new belt until power is supplied? I still cant find any answers in the manual.
Old 08-18-2018, 11:39 AM
raisinjack
Pro

Received 216 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by raisinjack
I am swapping out my black seat belts for red ones. just got the new red ones and the drivers side is fine and in. The passenger side new belt will not extend unless I press on a specific spot on the white plastic cover. the black one I removed does not do this, it extends as normal.

I have the shop manual and so far it isn't of any help with this. So my question is, what does this black wire do on this belt assembly? It is not on the drivers side. Does it somehow lock out a new belt until power is supplied? I still cant find any answers in the manual.
found what it is buried in the service manual, it is a belt tension sensor.

anyway, the belt all on its own started working normally. installed it and so far so good.................................... .........
The following users liked this post:
spinkick (08-18-2018)
Old 08-18-2018, 10:20 PM
Deepdiver
Burning Brakes

Received 430 Likes on 251 Posts

nice mod....i would love to do this.

Get notified of new replies

To Seat belt swap issue

Quick Reply: Seat belt swap issue