C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lowering car and drag race traction

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2018, 06:15 PM
Bmwmike
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Lowering car and drag race traction

I planned to put lowering bolts in my z51 providing I lowered the stock ones all the way and alot of gap is still visible. I started to contemplate the fact that if the car is already lower the compression the back of the car will be less. Meaning it wont squat as much on a hard launch. As we know that usually absorbs some of the shock in the drive helping traction. So I am debating lowering it. Anyone have some insight on this? I try to keep a balance between function and form. Thanks
Old 08-20-2018, 03:45 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by Bmwmike
I planned to put lowering bolts in my z51 providing I lowered the stock ones all the way and alot of gap is still visible. I started to contemplate the fact that if the car is already lower the compression the back of the car will be less. Meaning it wont squat as much on a hard launch. As we know that usually absorbs some of the shock in the drive helping traction. So I am debating lowering it. Anyone have some insight on this? I try to keep a balance between function and form. Thanks
In a c5 with a big motor & big blower when I lowered it it did just what you are saying here. But again I had coilovers on the car & played with it & raised it up at least 1 1/2 inch to get it to do what I wanted.. Robert

Quick Reply: Lowering car and drag race traction