C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally mounted 18" rotary forged on C7 Widebody (GS)

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2018, 03:37 PM
PeteC7
Pro

Received 214 Likes on 157 Posts

I'm quite happy with my F14's. I've run them at COTA, MSR Houston, and MSR Cresson 3.1. I got the same as archfarseer but in a satin black (in between gloss and matte). They aren't as light or as good looking as Brad's fully forged BC's but they are an inexpensive way to run cheaper 18" R compound tires. I don't quite understand peoples preoccupation with offset since I think that its up to the wheel maker to ensure they fit my car. I just asked for wheels for a C7 GS and they fit great with plenty of clearance and no rubbing issues. With that said I think the offsets are listed on my paperwork but I don't have it handy at the moment.

Off topic: I cracked a brake rotor (to the edge and all the way through!) so I won't be doing anymore track days till probably March. I need rotors, pads, oil change, and I just won't have time to prep the car for track work for a couple months. My next "for sure" event will probably be with Chin at MSRH in April, everything else will be by ear.
The following users liked this post:
archfarseer (01-17-2019)
Old 12-25-2018, 12:38 PM
BradT
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by vettenutchas
archfarseer--would like to know the offset on your Forgestar F14 wheels as I am looking for track wheels for my Grand Sport also.
Here are the offsets on my BC Forged.

Old 01-17-2019, 06:22 PM
archfarseer
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by BradT
Will, I just signed up for the Saturday NASA 1/26 at MSRH. I usually like to just do one day. One thing I noticed and really want to do is the roval at TMS in August. That should be really cool.
Brad sorry just saw this. I will be at MSRH this upcoming weekend (PCA) with the vette. I will also be there next weekend with NASA, however I will be in the FR-S since I'm doing my first TT. Please say hi when you see me!
Old 01-17-2019, 06:26 PM
archfarseer
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by vettenutchas
archfarseer--would like to know the offset on your Forgestar F14 wheels as I am looking for track wheels for my Grand Sport also.
I do not have them as they were custom spec'ed. I can put you in touch with the shop if you're interested.
Old 01-17-2019, 08:13 PM
Avanti
Race Director

Received 5,188 Likes on 3,440 Posts

Sorry if I missed it somehow, but what tire sizes (with aspect-ratios) are you running OP? thanks.
Old 01-18-2019, 09:01 AM
BradT
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by archfarseer
Brad sorry just saw this. I will be at MSRH this upcoming weekend (PCA) with the vette. I will also be there next weekend with NASA, however I will be in the FR-S since I'm doing my first TT. Please say hi when you see me!
Sounds good. If I can't find you you can always knock on the door of the motorhome. I am not sure where I will park it. Might be over by the skid pad. Shouldn't be hard to find.

Quick Reply: Finally mounted 18" rotary forged on C7 Widebody (GS)