C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 clutch issues - help

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 08:15 AM
C7 Demon
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C7 clutch issues - help

Hey guys.
I'm having an issue with my car and I'm trying to troubleshoot everything I can, before pulling it all apart
I just recently built my car to about 800whp, so I upgraded my clutch to Mantic triple disc. The clutch was broken in properly from a shop and then I drove it around another 600+ miles before going to the track. I had no issues at all up to this point.
At the track, the first pass I went slow to get a good feel, but I noticed the shifts where tight/harder then normal.
Let the car cool off, then went for a second pass. I heated the tires up, and got a good launch. Then everything went bad from there. I went to shift to 2nd and it was extremely hard, then from 2nd to 3rd was even worse, so I just coasted the rest of the way down the track.

I parked the car. I could not shift it while the car was running. When the car was off, I could put the car into any gear. I tried bleeding the clutch at the track. It did not do much. I made it home by starting the car in first and I could (roughly) shift her the rest of the way home.
You can 100% tell that the clutch is not fully disengaging. In 1st or Reverse on a flat service, with the clutch completely pressed in, the car will start moving forward.

Now I'm trying to figure out what happened. I tried bleeding the system completely, but that did not help.

Has anyone else experienced this with the C7s?

I wanted to swap out the Clutch Master Cylinder, but I am not seeing any aftermarket setups. Is there any?

Last edited by C7 Demon; 09-20-2018 at 08:51 AM.

Quick Reply: C7 clutch issues - help