How to tune out NPP? - Page 2 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to tune out NPP?

Old 10-11-2018, 12:41 PM
xp800
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by jimxms View Post
I've got an M7, but I don't think I have that option in the Engine Sound Management. I'm pretty sure its either Auto or Disabled. I tried it both ways and neither had the desired effect. What year do you have? Mine is a '14.
Here's my old thread with all the info and links for the DIY remote for the NPP fuse:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ck-result.html

Recently updated DIY remote thread:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ob-how-to.html
Old 10-11-2018, 02:17 PM
TriPinTaZ
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by jimxms View Post
That sounds awesome! Is the tuning of the NPP difficult (i.e something that an experienced HPT tuner needs to do)?

It's not hard at all. First you just have to log all of the PID's that pertain to the NPP operation. There are about 9 or so. After you go on a drive and log the cars operation in all modes you will know what tables refer to which modes. Once you know that , its pretty easy. You can leave the RPM and gear boundaries the same and just adjust the valves open/close %. OR you can totally rewrite it if you really want to customize it, but I found no need to do so. There is a thread over on HPTuners forum that discusses tuning the NPP and they used me and my car to get it working for the C7 corvettes. They had it working for the Camaros already but the vettes use a different BCM.
Old 10-12-2018, 12:27 AM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Check out my How To thread on disabling the AFM valves through HPT. All the same steps apply. Only thing thats different is that you would want to disable NPP codes rather than the AFM codes.
Old 10-13-2018, 09:01 PM
Higgs Boson
CF Senior Member

if you're afraid of tunes and warranty the cool part is you do not have to license the ECM or TCM to tune the NPP how you want it because you can license the CCM separately.
Old Yesterday, 02:21 PM
djpelosi
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by TriPinTaZ View Post
It's not hard at all. First you just have to log all of the PID's that pertain to the NPP operation. There are about 9 or so. After you go on a drive and log the cars operation in all modes you will know what tables refer to which modes. Once you know that , its pretty easy. You can leave the RPM and gear boundaries the same and just adjust the valves open/close %. OR you can totally rewrite it if you really want to customize it, but I found no need to do so. There is a thread over on HPTuners forum that discusses tuning the NPP and they used me and my car to get it working for the C7 corvettes. They had it working for the Camaros already but the vettes use a different BCM.
What table is this under to change the open/close %'s? How exactly do you access the BCM/CCM from HPT?
Old Today, 10:30 AM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by djpelosi View Post
What table is this under to change the open/close %'s? How exactly do you access the BCM/CCM from HPT?
two posts up I said to check out my How To thread for the AFM valves. Screenshots and everything..
Old Today, 10:42 AM
djpelosi
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by FYREANT View Post

two posts up I said to check out my How To thread for the AFM valves. Screenshots and everything..
One would think you would supply the link for it if you're referencing it....

Last edited by djpelosi; Today at 10:44 AM.
Old Today, 10:44 AM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

One would think you would supply the link for it if you're referencing it....
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...hp-tuners.html
Old Today, 10:45 AM
djpelosi
CF Senior Member

Thanks but that's not what I'm looking for. I want to know where to go to change the NPP settings, not the AFM. I want to set the NPP valves to remain open 100% of the time in specific drive modes (even under 39mph). I don't see any screenshots that show where to do this.
Old Today, 10:51 AM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Thanks but that's not what I'm looking for. I want to know where to go to change the NPP settings, not the AFM. I want to set the NPP valves to remain open 100% of the time in specific drive modes (even under 39mph). I don't see any screenshots that show where to do this.
you asked where you go to change the BCM/CCM. This shows how to get to it. Thats the question I was answering
Old Today, 10:52 AM
djpelosi
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by FYREANT View Post

you asked where you go to change the BCM/CCM. This shows how to get to it. Thats the question I was answering
The NPP settings are in the BCM/CCM. What you posted only shows how to disable DTCs, not actually make changes to the settings in the BCM/CCM for NPP.
Old Today, 10:57 AM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

The NPP settings are in the BCM/CCM. What you posted only shows how to disable DTCs, not actually make changes to the settings in the BCM/CCM for NPP.
The codes I showed you are all we have access to in the BCM currently unless thats recently changed since I wrote the guide. There is no way to modify actual values for the BCM yet unfortunately unless they just recently figured it out.
Old Today, 10:58 AM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Either way, the C304 module is the BCM and that shows you how to get into it with HPT.
Old Today, 09:13 PM
Higgs Boson
CF Senior Member

several months we have had access to the CCM (not BCM) to adjust the valve characteristics....

The Following User Says Thank You to Higgs Boson For This Useful Post:
FYREANT (Today)

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: