C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ported Throttle Body vs Viteese/Sprint Booster

Old 11-08-2018, 05:56 PM
justplainjim
Drifting

Received 355 Likes on 220 Posts
Default Ported Throttle Body vs Viteese/Sprint Booster

Do both products have the same function, improving throttle response? Does one perform better than the other? Will they void warranty?
Thanks..

Last edited by justplainjim; 11-08-2018 at 05:57 PM.
Old 11-08-2018, 06:08 PM
ahero4eternity
Burning Brakes

Received 223 Likes on 144 Posts

I have both - Mamo ported TB and Sprint Booster.

A ported TB is unlikely to cause any harm to your Vette. Most PTBs are modified OEM parts, and I'd be very surprised if a GM mechanic even realized that the TB was modified if an issue arose. However, if you do have an issue and are worried about voided warranty, swapping back to the OEM unit takes about 10 minutes. The dealer would never know it was installed.

A Vitesse or Sprint Booster are plug and play units that simply amplify a signal. They are not re-writing anything or causing any permanent changes. Again, this is a fast install/uninstall (5 mins tops). Once unplugged, the dealer would ever know one was installed.

That said, I installed the PTB first. It made a difference, but I wanted more. And hence the addition of the Spring Booster. I chose the more expensive Sprint Booster because it's smaller, self-calibrating, and has more adjustment (plus valet mode and pedal lock).

If I had to pick one over the other (Vitesse/Sprint Booster or ported throttle body), I'd now choose the Vitesse/Sprint Booster. I was initially planning to stick with just the PTB as I don't like messing with electronics, but the PTB just wasn't enough. Others will disagree. I did not notice the night/day difference with the PTB alone. The Sprint Booster was, on the other hand, night/day. I think the reason some people shy away from Vitesse/Sprint Booster is reliability, but I haven't had any issues *knock on wood.*

Last edited by ahero4eternity; 11-08-2018 at 06:11 PM.
Old 11-09-2018, 08:15 AM
justplainjim
Drifting

Thanks for the great reply. I never thought about using both products together..
Old 11-09-2018, 12:33 PM
0JUICED1
Former Vendor

Received 347 Likes on 286 Posts

A good tune will do everything the booster does and more. It's just some basic tables that need to be adjusted and the pedal feels so much better. A ported throttle body and/or an after market intake will help out a bit to but the biggest issue is in the throttle lag from crap GM tuning.
The following users liked this post:
justplainjim (11-09-2018)
Old 11-09-2018, 05:51 PM
justplainjim
Drifting

Juiced, would any reputable speed shop know what tables to tune out the throttle lag?
Old 11-16-2018, 09:12 AM
subieworx
Pro

Received 130 Likes on 94 Posts

These are two entirely different products that in no way overlap.

The ported throttle body increases airflow through the engine and as a result makes more power.

The throttle controller adjusts the actual throttle body opening for a given pedal input.
The following users liked this post:
justplainjim (11-16-2018)
Old 11-17-2018, 05:18 PM
ahero4eternity
Burning Brakes

Received 223 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by subieworx
These are two entirely different products that in no way overlap.

The ported throttle body increases airflow through the engine and as a result makes more power.

The throttle controller adjusts the actual throttle body opening for a given pedal input.
Never heard of a ported throttle body making more power. Certainly not what I experienced.
Old 11-17-2018, 06:55 PM
Ronstar
Racer

Received 93 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by ahero4eternity

Never heard of a ported throttle body making more power. Certainly not what I experienced.
then why would you port it?
Old 11-17-2018, 09:32 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,236 Likes on 1,630 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronstar

then why would you port it?
better response.....

and for those that say you can do the same thing in the tune as a Vitesse or a Sprint booster ... sure you can but it's not adjustable .

I adjust my Vitesse all the time at the track .... good grip and I crank it to SP9 , bad prep then I crank it back to SP0 to SP2 . I am consistant as hell with my 60 ft times on stock runflats no matter what the track condition is

Dave
Old 11-17-2018, 11:06 PM
TSLAVette
Drifting

Received 292 Likes on 157 Posts

Agree with above. Best $179 is Vitesse followed by the Range AFM disabler for the A8. Two must have mods.
Old 11-18-2018, 05:37 PM
AZGASSER
Drifting

Received 289 Likes on 211 Posts

I have a Katech ported TB for sale. Swapped out for a ZR1 95mm TB. About 18 months of use. PM for details.

Get notified of new replies

To Ported Throttle Body vs Viteese/Sprint Booster

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ported Throttle Body vs Viteese/Sprint Booster