C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 Battery Reconnect Messages

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2018, 12:54 PM
bbutchko
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C7 Battery Reconnect Messages

I just replaced the battery on my 2014 C7 and keep getting a message to roll down and then roll up the driver's side window. Have done it many times, including holding for 3+ seconds in each position and can't seem to stop it. Hitting enter dismisses it but it returns again the next startup.

I there a 'reset' procedure for the entire system that should be done after reconnection?
Old 11-21-2018, 01:48 PM
gaston434
7th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i have a 2014 also and just replaced my battery, i had check engine light come on on trip home from battery install. got home and completely disconnected battery and waiting 5-10 minutes for reset. after this the check engine light no longer came on. i did have to reconnect the battery vent hose that the tech at interstate batteries did not connect on installation.
issue with windows, i know mine gave instructions on dash at initial startup, roll left side down and roll up left side and hold until it said release, same for right or vice versa. i did not have any issue.
it may help to completely disconnect battery again
hope this helps.

Darryl
Old 11-21-2018, 02:02 PM
eboggs_jkvl
Moderator/Tech Contributor

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati
Received 3,812 Likes on 2,059 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

Window Indexing and Express-Up Reset
Window indexing may be required if the vehicle battery has been recharged or disconnected, or is not working. Express-up and the convertible top will not function until the windows are reset. After battery power is restored, a message or code displays in the Driver Information Center. See Driver Information Center (DIC) on page 5-23.

Once power is restored:
1. Close the doors.
2. Start the vehicle.
3. Put windows down
4. Raise each window and hold the window switch up in the fully closed position for a few seconds after the window is up.

Elmer

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Battery Reconnect Messages

Quick Reply: C7 Battery Reconnect Messages