It shouldn't be this difficult ... correct rebuild kit for Z06 Front Brakes! - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C7 Corvette > C7 Tech/Performance
Reload this Page >

It shouldn't be this difficult ... correct rebuild kit for Z06 Front Brakes!

Notices
C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It shouldn't be this difficult ... correct rebuild kit for Z06 Front Brakes!

Old 12-06-2018, 11:17 PM
NC94Vette
CF Senior Member

Default It shouldn't be this difficult ... correct rebuild kit for Z06 Front Brakes!

I need to rebuild the front brake calipers on my 2018 Z06. Steel rotors ... Brembo brake calipers. Should be super simple to find the rebuild kit, right? Wrong. Can't find anything from Brembo.

After considerable searching below is what I have found ... BUT there are issues with almost all of these part numbers. At some websites, each of them say they are correct for the C7 Z06 front calipers, but show a photo that only have enough seals and/or dust boots for four pistons (which would indicate rear calipers). Or one sites says a particular kit fits and another one says the same part number (kit) doesn't fit!.

Who has actually rebuilt their Z06 front calipers? And did you use one of these kits? Or something else? Thanks for the help. I would like to get the right rebuild kit the first time ...

Seals and Dust Boots:
Centric Parts Front Brake Caliper Repair Kit 143.35037 seals and dust boots
ACDelco 179-2256 GM Original Equipment Front Disc Brake Caliper Piston Seal Kit with Boots and Seals

Pistons and Seals
ACDelco 19207043 GM Original Equipment Front Disc Brake Caliper Piston Kit with Seals and Pistons
ACDelco 23242510 GM Original Equipment Front Disc Brake Caliper Pistons and Seals Kit
Old 12-07-2018, 12:52 AM
olblue75
CF Senior Member

I rebuilt my 6 piston ZL1/CTS-V/Z06 calipers through Rock Auto all seals, boots and, pistons.
Old 12-07-2018, 11:57 AM
subieworx
CF Senior Member

Call Ken at KNSbrakes.com. He will have the parts.
Old Yesterday, 02:22 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Thanked 2,952 Times in 2,024 Posts

Originally Posted by NC94Vette View Post
I need to rebuild the front brake calipers on my 2018 Z06. Steel rotors ... Brembo brake calipers. Should be super simple to find the rebuild kit, right? Wrong. Can't find anything from Brembo.

After considerable searching below is what I have found ... BUT there are issues with almost all of these part numbers. At some websites, each of them say they are correct for the C7 Z06 front calipers, but show a photo that only have enough seals and/or dust boots for four pistons (which would indicate rear calipers). Or one sites says a particular kit fits and another one says the same part number (kit) doesn't fit!.

Who has actually rebuilt their Z06 front calipers? And did you use one of these kits? Or something else? Thanks for the help. I would like to get the right rebuild kit the first time ...

Seals and Dust Boots:
Centric Parts Front Brake Caliper Repair Kit 143.35037 seals and dust boots
Based on what Amazon is telling me this kit will not fit either of the Z06 brake setups. However, Zeckhausen Racing says it does fit. When I post the part number in the Summit Racing website and do a compatibility check it says the seals are for the J57 option. eBay indicates they don't fit. It might be worth a call to Zeckhausen to see what they say.

ACDelco 179-2256 GM Original Equipment Front Disc Brake Caliper Piston Seal Kit with Boots and Seals
Based on what Amazon is telling me this kit will not fit either of the Z06 brake setups.

Pistons and Seals
ACDelco 19207043 GM Original Equipment Front Disc Brake Caliper Piston Kit with Seals and Pistons
Based on what Amazon and GMPartsGiant are telling me this kit is for the J57 brake system (Ceramic Brakes)

ACDelco 23242510 GM Original Equipment Front Disc Brake Caliper Pistons and Seals Kit
Based on what Amazon and GMPartsGiant are telling me this kit is for the J56 brake system (Iron Brakes)
The question I have about the Centric parts is is for the iron and ceramic brake calipers are the piston sizes the same? The Zeckhausen Racing site says the Centric Parts kit provides seals for 30, 34 and 38 mm pistons and the part number is shown under the iron brake rotor link. I found another supplier that is selling the complete ceramic brake kit and they list the caliper piston sizes for the ceramic brakes as 30, 34 and 38 mm. Maybe they do take the same repair kit?

Bill

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: