C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DSC sport vs MRC, mag ride upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2018, 06:51 PM
Yourconfused
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Oh4GTO
Z06 has higher spring rates and therefore different MRC calibration.
I don't dislike the Z51 soft springs, but they could use a bit of firming up. After looking at the hassle of swapping out springs on the vette I am just fine with them. lol
Old 12-31-2018, 06:52 PM
BrunoTheMellow
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,396 Likes on 999 Posts

Originally Posted by Yourconfused
I don't dislike the Z51 soft springs, but they could use a bit of firming up. After looking at the hassle of swapping out springs on the vette I am just fine with them. lol
I just did it this week. Worlds beytter. It's much harder than c5 or c6 but doable. Check out my thread "z07 springs or LG sway bars" for details.
The following users liked this post:
Yourconfused (12-31-2018)
Old 12-31-2018, 07:13 PM
itch808
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Yourconfused
I was looking for a CTS-V wagon just for the hauling capabilities but after driving a coupe, because wagons are hard to find, I didn't like it as much as I thought I would and the recaro seats just killed me. Have you played with the AP or downloaded the race software to mess with it? I have a AP on my legacy gt and liked playing with it much better that the other laptop based software the car has a tune for also.
If you're still in the market I'd suggest trying the Macan. Just be aware it's not huge inside, but the fun to drive factor makes it worth it. I didn't play with AP, just loaded the canned tune which adds about 35whp and 70wtq. I haven't tinkered with a standalone for a while now, last was a power FC and datalogit software...I don't even know if they make that anymore
Old 12-31-2018, 08:32 PM
Yourconfused
Racer

Originally Posted by itch808
If you're still in the market I'd suggest trying the Macan. Just be aware it's not huge inside, but the fun to drive factor makes it worth it. I didn't play with AP, just loaded the canned tune which adds about 35whp and 70wtq. I haven't tinkered with a standalone for a while now, last was a power FC and datalogit software...I don't even know if they make that anymore
I have 2 car payments already and just bought the vette 2 months ago, so I am not in the market and being single I have no real reason to get anything else. I am actually waiting till spring to put a couple of cars and a truck up for sale. I seem to collect cars. lol I just like wagons which is why I was wanting the V wagon.
Old 12-31-2018, 09:18 PM
Yourconfused
Racer

Originally Posted by BrunoTheMellow
I just did it this week. Worlds beytter. It's much harder than c5 or c6 but doable. Check out my thread "z07 springs or LG sway bars" for details.
I am on post 12 of that thread now. Thanks for the info. Bed time so i will try and read it all tomorrow, fab is going to idle for software upgrades so all systems will be in manual and will be hell to control, so I may not get back to it until Wednesday. I am looking forward to reading it though. I see you are SC'd and running almost stock tire sizes in addition to driving on the street a lot, which is my thing as I commute my car usually, so I may be looking to copy cat you. lol
Old 03-09-2019, 03:44 PM
Flo
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 34 Posts

Have there been cases where the upgrade did not work? What are the symptoms?
Old 03-11-2019, 07:31 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,919 Likes on 5,328 Posts

Originally Posted by Flo
Have there been cases where the upgrade did not work? What are the symptoms?
If the code load doesn't load you still have what you began with. In a C7 Z06/Z07 the Tour mode ride is less harsh going over certain types of road bumps. On the track the result is more subtle and usually only seen in different lap times.

Bill
Old 05-01-2019, 05:30 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

I never got around to it on my 2014 Z51, even though it was free. Should I follow up with it this late in the game?
Old 05-02-2019, 08:35 PM
rb185afm
Drifting

Received 551 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by BrunoTheMellow
My opinion is, don't get a DSC for z51s unless you have good smooth roads or want to take several hours of messing with it. The springs are too soft and there is no tried and true z51 setting yet. Ondulations feel a boat and are very uncomfortable. On track it's pretty good but not too much difference in lap times (I got 0.3 better). I ran mine for 2 years then pulled it off. It is going to be for sale soon.

Also the z51 msr update is only for tour mode. I honestly think the stock z51 2015 car rides perfect in tour. Not too soft not too hard.
Agreed! I hated the DSC float.

Quick Reply: DSC sport vs MRC, mag ride upgrade