C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 magnetic ride eliminators (coil-over conversion)

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2018, 03:26 PM
fleming23
Melting Slicks

Received 594 Likes on 408 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared)
C3 of Year Winner (track prepared) 2019

Default C7 magnetic ride eliminators (coil-over conversion)

I did a quick search but did not come up with many results. What are most using for mag-ride eliminators when converting to Coil-overs? I see the KW EDC Delete unit, which may be the best option I can find, just curious of any first-hand experience.

https://www.kwsuspensions.com/produc...-68510357.html

Old 12-17-2018, 04:23 PM
Dane@LGmotorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 638 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by fleming23
I did a quick search but did not come up with many results. What are most using for mag-ride eliminators when converting to Coil-overs? I see the KW EDC Delete unit, which may be the best option I can find, just curious of any first-hand experience.

https://www.kwsuspensions.com/produc...-68510357.html
Looks like those only plug into the shock portion. Our kit comes with mag ride and ride height sims.

https://www.lgmotorsports.com/corvet...imulators.html

The following users liked this post:
fleming23 (12-17-2018)
Old 12-17-2018, 08:53 PM
WhiteSands
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

Eric,
Did you swap out to coil overs? If so which ones did you go with?

Thanks
David
Old 12-17-2018, 09:14 PM
fleming23
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by WhiteSands
Eric,
Did you swap out to coil overs? If so which ones did you go with?

Thanks
David
Putting a plan together now. The DSC controller and RT dampers will be up for sale shortly as a package.
Old 12-18-2018, 09:52 AM
w00tw00t
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I've switched to Penske 8300 remotes with LG shock sims and have had no problems (Got one track day with the new setup and ran into no issues). I'm also running the LG G2 swaybars and toe link kit.

The LG sims work fine - however I occasionally still get the "Service suspension" error on the dash which I dismiss. To be clear - The error does not pop me out of PTM modes or interfere with TC/AH at all.

Other than that the switchover to coilovers along with the LG stuff has been transformational. The car now feels planted like it never did before.

I did a ton of research on the DSC controller and after talking to some locals who've also had DSC and then removed it I decided against it for heavy track usage - too many errors while on the track causing spinouts etc. I concluded the DSC controller isn't something I want to rely on while I'm heavily loaded into a turn and have it go out on my right in the middle of the turn.

Last edited by w00tw00t; 12-18-2018 at 09:53 AM.
Old 12-18-2018, 10:03 AM
fleming23
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by w00tw00t
I've switched to Penske 8300 remotes with LG shock sims and have had no problems (Got one track day with the new setup and ran into no issues). I'm also running the LG G2 swaybars and toe link kit.

The LG sims work fine - however I occasionally still get the "Service suspension" error on the dash which I dismiss. To be clear - The error does not pop me out of PTM modes or interfere with TC/AH at all.

Other than that the switchover to coilovers along with the LG stuff has been transformational. The car now feels planted like it never did before.

I did a ton of research on the DSC controller and after talking to some locals who've also had DSC and then removed it I decided against it for heavy track usage - too many errors while on the track causing spinouts etc. I concluded the DSC controller isn't something I want to rely on while I'm heavily loaded into a turn and have it go out on my right in the middle of the turn.
That's my plan as well and am moving to Penske's. To be clear, I've had relatively good success with my DSC stuff but I just don't think the car has enough spring rate (even with Z07 leaf) at this point with the LG drop spindles. I am constantly bottoming the car out and plan to run Daytona in April so I decided a change was needed. Hopefully the new combination does not take too much dialing in to sort out.

Do you know, or remember, the spring rates on your car? Just curious for comparison for when my car is spec'd. Also, do you find yourself making many adjustments to the reservoirs for handling adjustments?

Last edited by fleming23; 12-18-2018 at 10:05 AM.
Old 12-18-2018, 10:05 AM
C7&7
Le Mans Master

Received 863 Likes on 600 Posts

Well that sucks. What good are the simulators if you get service suspension messages.

I would LOVE to go coilovers but these simulators seem real sketchy.
Old 12-18-2018, 10:08 AM
fleming23
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by C7&7
Well that sucks. What good are the simulators if you get service suspension messages.

and THAT is why I'm asking around first. They are not exactly cheap for what they do.
Old 12-18-2018, 10:13 AM
Dane@LGmotorsports

First I've heard of a service suspension message with our sims. Either way, I don't know that I would go so far as to say it's sketchy, given that it doesn't kick him out of driving modes or hinder performance in any way.
Old 12-18-2018, 10:19 AM
C7&7
Le Mans Master

Received 863 Likes on 600 Posts

Originally Posted by Dane@LGmotorsports
First I've heard of a service suspension message with our sims. Either way, I don't know that I would go so far as to say it's sketchy, given that it doesn't kick him out of driving modes or hinder performance in any way.
Dane, maybe sketchy isn't the right word.

I just mean they are a work around that doesn't seem 100% to me.

I loved my LG coilovers on my c6 but this whole mag rag simulator situation on the c7 just has always prevented me from taking the plunge again.
Old 12-18-2018, 11:20 AM
w00tw00t
Pro

let me be clear. LG is awesome and their sims work ... for some reason every 30 minutes or so I get a Service Suspension error that I dismiss using the OK button on the steering wheel. The error does not do anything negative at all - there is no interference with PTM. If I had the sims completely unplugged then I wouldn't be able to go into PTM - so yes the sims are essential and vital for coilovers.

I already have errors for no TPMS and airbag so I give zero fks about one more error lol as long as it doesn't interfere with PTM.

My spring rates are 750 front, 650 rear

switching over to coilovers is well worth it (even if it pops an occasional error) as the transverse leaf spring setup on the corvettes is something I personally detest!

Last edited by w00tw00t; 12-18-2018 at 11:22 AM.
Old 12-18-2018, 11:24 AM
BrunoTheMellow
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,396 Likes on 999 Posts

​​​​​​What model corvette? How does it feel on the street. Very harsh? Can you compare it to one of the drive modes?
Old 12-18-2018, 11:33 AM
w00tw00t
Pro

Originally Posted by BrunoTheMellow
​​​​​​What model corvette? How does it feel on the street. Very harsh? Can you compare it to one of the drive modes?
I have a 2019 C7 Grandsport.

It's not very harsh on the street. Feels roughly equivalent to sport mode when I had my mag shocks but with less pogoing - more stable.

Since I have remote reservoirs I can dial down comp/rebound if needed easily.

Last edited by w00tw00t; 12-18-2018 at 11:34 AM.
Old 12-18-2018, 12:18 PM
Dane@LGmotorsports

Dane, maybe sketchy isn't the right word.

I just mean they are a work around that doesn't seem 100% to me.

I loved my LG coilovers on my c6 but this whole mag rag simulator situation on the c7 just has always prevented me from taking the plunge again.
Could be a contact point/isolated issue. I haven't seen a service message on any of our white & black road race builds or big red.

let me be clear. LG is awesome and their sims work ... for some reason every 30 minutes or so I get a Service Suspension error that I dismiss using the OK button on the steering wheel. The error does not do anything negative at all - there is no interference with PTM. If I had the sims completely unplugged then I wouldn't be able to go into PTM - so yes the sims are essential and vital for coilovers.

I already have errors for no TPMS and airbag so I give zero fks about one more error lol as long as it doesn't interfere with PTM.

My spring rates are 750 front, 650 rear

switching over to coilovers is well worth it (even if it pops an occasional error) as the transverse leaf spring setup on the corvettes is something I personally detest!

Old 12-20-2018, 02:10 PM
lobsterroboto
Drifting

Received 310 Likes on 213 Posts
C7 of Year Winner (track prepared) 2019

I have a service suspension warning every time I start the car.

I have to clear the Airbag message, TPMS message, suspension message, and if it's the first time startup after flipping the killswitch on I'll have a rear axle message.
Old 12-20-2018, 03:49 PM
bc928
Burning Brakes

Received 94 Likes on 69 Posts

Finally a positive reason I bought a 1LT with no magride.
Old 12-20-2018, 04:35 PM
Dane@LGmotorsports

Originally Posted by lobsterroboto
I have a service suspension warning every time I start the car.

I have to clear the Airbag message, TPMS message, suspension message, and if it's the first time startup after flipping the killswitch on I'll have a rear axle message.
Hm I'll check with the company that makes them for us.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 magnetic ride eliminators (coil-over conversion)

Old 10-07-2019, 09:21 PM
WhiteGS
Instructor

Received 156 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Dane@LGmotorsports
hey guys, just wana get in on this topic if I may. I also switched to coilovers with the mag delete. I also get the “service suspension “ error. I press ok and it goes away. But lately I’ve noticed it interferes with the speed limit. I’ve noticed that everytime which is not common when I get the error notification on the dash. It doesn’t allow me to go pass 85mph. I’m not sure how to stop that. It’s weird.
I have the bc coilovers with the AFE delete kit.
Old 10-08-2019, 01:00 AM
eboggs_jkvl
Moderator/Tech Contributor

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati
Received 3,813 Likes on 2,060 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

Sounds like you have broken some circuit in your suspension and might need a tune to tell the ECM to ignore the suspension messages.

Elmer
Old 10-08-2019, 06:27 PM
lobsterroboto
Drifting

Received 310 Likes on 213 Posts
C7 of Year Winner (track prepared) 2019

Originally Posted by WhiteGS
hey guys, just wana get in on this topic if I may. I also switched to coilovers with the mag delete. I also get the “service suspension “ error. I press ok and it goes away. But lately I’ve noticed it interferes with the speed limit. I’ve noticed that everytime which is not common when I get the error notification on the dash. It doesn’t allow me to go pass 85mph. I’m not sure how to stop that. It’s weird.
I have the bc coilovers with the AFE delete kit.

So with the help of @Dane@LGmotorsports he put me in contact with the right people to trouble shoot this.

I'm in the middle of testing with them right now, but as my car isn't street-able I have to wait for a track test day this weekend to confirm the results.

So far it's pretty promising though. I'll be testing the car on Sunday to confirm. if it works, ill let you know.
The following 2 users liked this post by lobsterroboto:
badhabit_wb (10-08-2019), Dane@LGmotorsports (10-09-2019)

Quick Reply: C7 magnetic ride eliminators (coil-over conversion)