Struggling at Light Throttle / TC issue - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Struggling at Light Throttle / TC issue

Old 01-04-2019, 11:33 AM
Rockstar_Andy

Default Struggling at Light Throttle / TC issue

The reality of where I live and work is that I'm stuck in light throttle traffic or not on the highway as often as I would like with the car but I'm noticing it has felt pretty bad when it comes to driving lately, and unfortunately I'm not much of a gear head when trying to figure out why.

The only way I can describe it is at light throttle it feels like the car is struggling. It almost feels like it just wants me to blow out a ball of air out the exhaust or something like a pressure buildup that I am convincing myself I feel through the accelerator pedal on light throttle. The car kind of lurches forward like it's looking over a ledge as it struggles to initially accelerate and then it finally begins to accelerate. I also feel like the car is not as fast in acceleration as it was initially unless I have a wide open throttle, even then it feels rough at times.

Now I have the torque converter issue (rumble strip feeling) that most A8's have and I can replicate it on command with light throttle input at certain ranges of MPH. I've gone through the rigmarole with the dealership of "we can't replicate" to "transmission fluid flush" next time, to them telling me when I got an oil change in December that Chevy has a "new answer" for this that they are supposedly enacting in January and scheduled me for then. (I was told it is a 'special tool' a new fluid formula and whatever else the PPD asks for.....I am reluctant to believe this is truly a fix for a mechanical part issue but, who knows.)

I don't know if these are related symptoms to the TC issue or an entirely different issue itself?
Old 01-10-2019, 04:27 PM
Gearhead Jim
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '13

Hard for me to tell if your problems are related. A good dealer (there are some good ones) should be able to sort it out for you.

The new fluid and associated procedure is just arriving at some dealers, your own dealer should be able to get the descriptive bulletin and fluid "soon". Someone will likely post the new bulletin in C7 General soon. The last version was dated October 11, 2018; and is obsolete.

Throttle response is dumbed down somewhat when you have the car in Tour or Weather, putting it Sport will not give any higher total power but will make the throttle more sensitive at partial settings, which I prefer.

Good luck!
Old 01-11-2019, 10:44 AM
Rockstar_Andy

Yeah I pretty much leave it in Sport mode the entire time unless I'm on cruise control on the highway then adjust it to Touring or Eco.

They have me scheduled for the 22nd for the torque converter resolution and I hope it works but I'm skeptical about a fluid fixing a mechanical issue. Or am I wrong on that?

It's like a lurching/sucking in air issue. Feels like the car is gasping until a wide open throttle is given. Hard to describe but definatley a horrible drive feel. I'll bring it up and see what they say at the TC appointment but it is frustrating to not enjoy driving a car that is meant to be enjoyed.

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: