C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7: To wrap or not to wrap

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2019, 05:59 PM
Kodster77
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default C7: To wrap or not to wrap

I recently had my C7 painted and I am looking for insight into wrapping it in 3m. If anyone can help me out here before I go drop some cash on something that might not be worth it, I would appreciate it.

1. Is it worth it?
2. Estimated Cost?
3. Any good or bad experiences.

As I am learning with C7's ask the forum, they will know. LMAO

Thank you,
Kody
Old 01-15-2019, 06:01 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default Ttt

Well worth it if the prep work is done before the wrap goes onto the car. I mean here what ever that car has on the paint it will show up even more with the wrap on top of it.. Robert
Old 01-16-2019, 12:11 PM
GoatHead
Pro

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

I did front end, full hood, rocker, and front fenders with XPel ultimate. The installation is near perfect. Cost was about $2200. I somewhat regret spending this money on paint protection. It is my first vette and brand new car, so I was overzealous with protection. Also, I spent couple of hundreds on Adam paint protection products.

I regret spending this kind of money, because no matter what you do, the paint will never remain perfect. Replacing the wrap will cost another couple of grands. When the time come to trade or sell, no one will pay extra for the perfect paint underneath. However, the value is subjective to the individual. If I knew better, I'd have spent the money for track activities and consumable.
Old 01-25-2019, 03:34 PM
badhabit_wb
Safety Car

Received 911 Likes on 727 Posts

I did the whole car with xpel ultimate and even after 30+ track days it still looks good

Get notified of new replies

To C7: To wrap or not to wrap

Quick Reply: C7: To wrap or not to wrap