C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cat recomendation?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2019, 01:24 PM
Lukes07Vette
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Cat recomendation?

Hello everyone,

I recently bought a used Z06 and the previous owner had headers and a cat-less x-pipe installed. I loved it at first but since I daily my car the smell has really started to bother me. Can anyone out there recommend some cats that I can have spliced into the x-pipe that have handle 700hp? It is a 3 inch tube if I recall correctly.
Old 01-18-2019, 01:30 PM
The HACK
Burning Brakes

Received 686 Likes on 338 Posts

I like Persians for their fluffy nature. Wife had a white Persian that stopped working at 14 years old, was a little on the finicky end but generally likable. When they shed though...PIA.

Could always go with the generic Ginger Tabby. Can't go wrong with a ginger tabby IMO.

I personally like Siamese mixes. I'd stay away from some of the more exotic cat brands for sure.

Last edited by The HACK; 01-18-2019 at 01:30 PM.
Old 01-18-2019, 03:53 PM
Lukes07Vette
Instructor

Originally Posted by The HACK
I like Persians for their fluffy nature. Wife had a white Persian that stopped working at 14 years old, was a little on the finicky end but generally likable. When they shed though...PIA.

Could always go with the generic Ginger Tabby. Can't go wrong with a ginger tabby IMO.

I personally like Siamese mixes. I'd stay away from some of the more exotic cat brands for sure.
Troll
Old 01-18-2019, 05:32 PM
The HACK
Burning Brakes

Received 686 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by lukes07vette
troll
hoomor is the hard.
Old 01-18-2019, 05:37 PM
JMII
Safety Car

Received 2,025 Likes on 1,349 Posts

Originally Posted by The HACK
hoomor is the hard.
I saw the title and immediately thought the same. But I can't recommended ANY cats as the wife is allergic to them.

Old 01-20-2019, 02:37 PM
0HorsePowerAddicts
Former Vendor

Received 166 Likes on 118 Posts

What brand headers are on the car? I would recommend just buying the matching Catted X pipe for your headers. If it is a quality header such as ARH or Kooks it will be no problem selling the catless X pipe.
The following users liked this post:
spinkick (01-29-2019)
Old 01-20-2019, 07:07 PM
Lukes07Vette
Instructor

Originally Posted by HorsePowerAddicts
What brand headers are on the car? I would recommend just buying the matching Catted X pipe for your headers. If it is a quality header such as ARH or Kooks it will be no problem selling the catless X pipe.
I have ARH x-pipe. I just dont want to drop the $800 for the cattee version. I have tried emailing ARH to find out what cats they use, but customer service doesn't seem to be a high priority for them.
Old 01-29-2019, 01:34 AM
spinkick
Melting Slicks

Received 544 Likes on 324 Posts

Originally Posted by the hack
i like persians for their fluffy nature. Wife had a white persian that stopped working at 14 years old, was a little on the finicky end but generally likable. When they shed though...pia.

Could always go with the generic ginger tabby. Can't go wrong with a ginger tabby imo.

I personally like siamese mixes. I'd stay away from some of the more exotic cat brands for sure.
😂😂😂😂😂
Old 01-29-2019, 01:35 AM
spinkick
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Lukes07Vette
Troll
Lighten up, Francis 😻🤣
Old 01-29-2019, 10:53 AM
Lukes07Vette
Instructor

Originally Posted by spinkick
Lighten up, Francis 😻🤣
I am just trying to figure out why everyone on the corvette forum is an internet clown. Plenty of jokes, but no real helpful advise. It just sucks, I thought this forum was designed for corvette owners to help each other.
Old 01-29-2019, 04:35 PM
spinkick
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Lukes07Vette
I am just trying to figure out why everyone on the corvette forum is an internet clown. Plenty of jokes, but no real helpful advise. It just sucks, I thought this forum was designed for corvette owners to help each other.
I think you've gotten both so far in this thread. The best answer is to find out the brand of header that you have,and go with their xpipe for perfect fit.

For example, I run ARH long tubes and have their catted'd xpipe. Its not about how much horsepower the cat can handle, its how much heat. They are set back further than factory with ARH, so not as much of an issue.

Anything else than that is just cheaping out and rolling the dice. You pay your money, you take your chances.... sell the xpipe that you have and sleep easy.

Last edited by spinkick; 01-29-2019 at 04:36 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Cat recomendation?

Quick Reply: Cat recomendation?