C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 Throttle Body Mod, Free, Need Feedback for Design

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2019, 01:22 PM
427C62013A
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 43 Posts

Mike, Congratulations on the new web site!

I've been working with Mike evaluating his throttle body on my car. My observations: The car is more responsive off idle, the lag is reduced. The throttle feels more linear with a more aggressive onset of power at part throttle. You notice the difference off idle and in cruise. The quality of workmanship is top notch.
The following users liked this post:
Mike@SolerEngr (03-05-2019)
Old 03-06-2019, 09:19 AM
Mike@SolerEngr
Supporting Vendor

Received 530 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by 427C62013A
Mike, Congratulations on the new web site!

I've been working with Mike evaluating his throttle body on my car. My observations: The car is more responsive off idle, the lag is reduced. The throttle feels more linear with a more aggressive onset of power at part throttle. You notice the difference off idle and in cruise. The quality of workmanship is top notch.
Thank you very much, Dave. I can see you know Corvettes very well and the data logs you provided are very valuable. Can't say enough.

I also have to say (as a member more than a vendor) to you and all the members that this is a solid community, knowledge, honesty, decency...is all I have seen. Proud to be here.
www.solerengineering.com

Old 03-13-2019, 10:42 AM
AlexM
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike@SolerEngr
Looking for C7 owners in continental US willing to try a modified throttle body design. Free of charge, yours to keep and also ships free. Only need your honest feedback in return, good or bad. If you have data logging capabilities, I’d be very interested to see what you get for MAF vs. Absolute Throttle % or Angle.

This modification increases air flow rate (power) from 5 deg (idle) to 35 degree absolute throttle position, making the car feel nimbler and more responsive, the effects at WOT are still to be seen and may be considered theoretically negligible. For technical details/questions see thread “ C7 Throttle Body response, Getting to know it

I’ve made 10ea identical samples from new OEM parts (latest OEM TB’s), 1ea of them is in my car (2015 Stingray A8) for a few thousand miles now, working great so far, but I cannot say they work until a significant number of them have been tested on different models and configurations.

A total of 6ea of the 10ea modified throttle body samples are available for testing outside the lab/shop. Ideally, on the configurations shown in table below. Pictures of sample modified parts after the table.

Please reply to this thread with your car specs if you’d like to participate. Include relevant mods and data logging/streaming/diagnostic capabilities if you have any. Two of the configurations have already requested samples by members that have reached to me before this post.

Important Note: This product has not been fully tested, use at your own risk in a safe place and manner. Although I don’t anticipate any issues, I’ll mail and post instructions on a safe and incremental approach to testing to avoid damage to your vehicle, yourself and others.

Installation instructions will be provided as well. Doesn’t require special tools/skills and can be done in an average of 15 minutes. No tune required.

Thank you for your help!

Configurations for testing

Actual, Modified Body

Model, Modified Body

Performance on 2015 A8 Stingray, Modified Bodies
Impressive.

Mike, do you have the comparison graph all the way to 90 degree or can you plot one?
THAT would be interesting to see

Thanks!
Mike@SolerEngr (03-13-2019)
Old 03-13-2019, 11:53 AM
Mike@SolerEngr
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by AlexM
Mike, do you have the comparison graph all the way to 90 degree or can you plot one?
THAT would be interesting to see
Thanks Alex, definitely something I'd like to do, somebody asked yesterday a similar question (answer in link below). I can only speculate but my guess is that after about 40 deg it marches together w/ the OEM curve within the accuracy range of typical measuring devices available out there for that. Theoretically at WOT it should flow a tiny bit more as part of the system, specially if complemented by other intake mods.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1599031493

Thanks,

Last edited by Mike@SolerEngr; 03-13-2019 at 11:56 AM.
AlexM (03-13-2019)
Old 03-13-2019, 12:24 PM
AlexM
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike@SolerEngr
Thanks Alex, definitely something I'd like to do, somebody asked yesterday a similar question (answer in link below). I can only speculate but my guess is that after about 40 deg it marches together w/ the OEM curve within the accuracy range of typical measuring devices available out there for that. Theoretically at WOT it should flow a tiny bit more as part of the system, specially if complemented by other intake mods.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1599031493

Thanks,
Thanks Mike, I am looking forward to see that graph, I think it will be a benefit for all of us.
I'll keep an eye on this thread.
Old 03-21-2019, 05:35 PM
Mike@SolerEngr
Supporting Vendor

Default There is still time!

Just in case some of you missed our giveaway post!

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1599007197

Join our community of followers, customers, friends, and family

https://www.solerengineering.com/
Facebook
Instagram

Cheers,

Quick Reply: C7 Throttle Body Mod, Free, Need Feedback for Design