C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A8 Shifting slip - RPM Spike

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2019, 07:29 PM
justinwhite1
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A8 Shifting slip - RPM Spike

Hello all. I'm rather new to the corvette world and looking for some advice. I have a 2017 Z51 auto with 13K miles. In the video attached, you can see the spike in RPM from 4-5 which creates a large jerk. Normally shifts at 2500, when the issues occurs, RPM jumps 2500-3000 before shifting. Any advice on this issue? Please tell me this isn't normal. Thanks in advance
Attached Files
File Type: mov
bad shift.mov (4.47 MB, 53 views)
Old 02-07-2019, 09:12 AM
subieworx
Pro

Received 130 Likes on 94 Posts

Does it do this every time it shifts from 4 to 5?
Old 02-07-2019, 09:17 AM
justinwhite1
3rd Gear

No, its very random. However it does happen multiple times every time I drive it, warm and cold. The shop has tried the reflash/reprogram, but that did not resolve the issue.
Old 02-08-2019, 06:33 PM
vetten76
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Mine did the same thing. I went with the Ranger plug in to stop the 8 to 4 cylinder thing. That stoped my trans from doing just what yours did. Plus, the car drives so much better.
Old 02-08-2019, 08:48 PM
justinwhite1
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by vetten76
Mine did the same thing. I went with the Ranger plug in to stop the 8 to 4 cylinder thing. That stoped my trans from doing just what yours did. Plus, the car drives so much better.
Was yours having this system even in touring/sport/track mode?

I’ve seen a few posts about “shift flares”. Mine doesn’t have the shudder yet, so not sure it could be the TC. Currently at the shop for the 3rd time trying to fix the issue. Not the way I pictured this vehicle going.
Old 02-09-2019, 12:08 PM
vetten76
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by justinwhite1
Was yours having this system even in touring/sport/track mode?

I’ve seen a few posts about “shift flares”. Mine doesn’t have the shudder yet, so not sure it could be the TC. Currently at the shop for the 3rd time trying to fix the issue. Not the way I pictured this vehicle going.
Mine did it just once as I was driving up a long incline at about 65mph on the freeway. I think I was in tour. I’ve not tried track yet. I drove a couple thousand miles when it was new and had it in Eco mode most of the time. Never did anything wrong. Again, I like the Ranger plug in fix. Car drives great without all the shifting. On the caravan in August, I may go back to stock just to see how it does. 34.5 mpg is what the car gets when the 4 cylinder thing kicks in.

Get notified of new replies

To A8 Shifting slip - RPM Spike

Quick Reply: A8 Shifting slip - RPM Spike