C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Injectors for Port Injection

Old 02-08-2019, 07:06 PM
Osman
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts

Default Injectors for Port Injection

What brand and size injectors is everyone running with their port injection ????
Old 02-08-2019, 10:21 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

Originally Posted by Osman
What brand and size injectors is everyone running with their port injection ????
What CI motor and what type of mods to your motor will make a diff in what size you will go with here blower size. Robert
Old 02-08-2019, 11:00 PM
Osman
Racer

i was gonna use some id1000 with my 416,f1a94 LT.
but was wondering what everyone else is using.?. wasn't sure if id1000 are little to big...
Old 02-09-2019, 04:40 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 280 Likes on 213 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

I am running FIC 1000cc injectors for my CR Fueler Holley system. They aren't even close to 50% duty cycle at WOT. F1A-94 @ 18psi on ethanol.
Old 02-09-2019, 04:40 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Got them from forum vendor EdgeyVette who offers great service and help!
Old 02-09-2019, 05:20 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by C5-VERT
I am running FIC 1000cc injectors for my CR Fueler Holley system. They aren't even close to 50% duty cycle at WOT. F1A-94 @ 18psi on ethanol.
OP here get these like c4-vert has done then for his car yes a big inj but at 50% DC at WOT you will never hurt them from being over worked. Are if Cajun at EDGYVETTE you tell him this on the ID 1000 inj see if he has a good set of ID 800 are what ever that will not RUN the duty cycle over 85% at WOT for your car.. Robert
Old 02-10-2019, 04:40 PM
C7&7
Le Mans Master

Received 863 Likes on 600 Posts

850s is what I run.

Last edited by C7&7; 02-10-2019 at 04:41 PM.
Old 02-10-2019, 05:01 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by C7&7
850s is what I run.
OP if c7-7 is running the 850 in his car they are more than good to keep your set up under the point that you will be over working them to EVER do any damage of running over the limit of them. Robert
Old 02-10-2019, 09:22 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Originally Posted by robert miller
OP if c7-7 is running the 850 in his car they are more than good to keep your set up under the point that you will be over working them to EVER do any damage of running over the limit of them. Robert
yep what he said. Main thing is making sure your port manifold is drilled, debured, and the edges opened up and smooth to ensure the spray pattern won’t be affected in any way and allowed to spray properly into the intake runners.

My Holley touchscreen shows me duty cycle, pulse width time, fuel flow, fuel pressure, ethanol percentage, even has closed loop which I am learning more about and is pretty damn cool it will learn over time and adjust tuning to hit target air fuel ratios. Getting off topic but this is how I got my values. I believe it’s finding a fuel flow rating @ 43.5 psi at .5 and won’t exceed 80% duty cycle. Not sure if that’s different for ethanol sure it is since it requires 30% more for same power. Good luck!
Old 02-13-2019, 09:34 AM
Osman
Racer

Ethanol is not available around here, so i think i will look for smaller injectors.. something in middle for my application, that way i am not underutilize or overworking them...
Information you guys provided was very helpful.

on related subject... I finally had a chance to look at my MSD intake and holes I have to drill... Looks like i have to drill thru 1" of plastic, which is actually two plastic pieces. LS3 style injector seal would sit right against seam of two plastic pieces (from looks of it).. fun fun...
Old 02-13-2019, 12:20 PM
Dane@LGmotorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 631 Likes on 397 Posts

ID1050X's if you want something smaller go with FIC's.
Old 02-13-2019, 04:47 PM
Osman
Racer

My Holley touchscreen shows me duty cycle, pulse width time, fuel flow, fuel pressure, ethanol percentage, even has closed loop which I am learning more about and is pretty damn cool it will learn over time and adjust tuning to hit target air fuel ratios.
Closed Loop... are you talking about using closed loop when just driving around ??? I always wondered if there would be any bad side-effects; since stock computer cuts out fuel between shift..
Old 02-15-2019, 04:07 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Closed Loop... are you talking about using closed loop when just driving around ??? I always wondered if there would be any bad side-effects; since stock computer cuts out fuel between shift..
No I am referring to Holley's closed loop learning system that you can set params for learning such as learn at 50% throttle + 1psi, etc. I am not the tuner expert Chris Crawford get's all that credit. He can explain it better also but the general idea is it constantly learns your parameters when enabled and adjusts fueling to meet the target A/F ratio (in my case adding fuel via port injectors). Not sure how good it is always as good as the team of developers who wrote it, but I do love the Holley features and software. So far top notch!

Some Holley forum links on the topic. I didn't proof little busy this min but will come back to it.

https://forums.holley.com/showthread...vs-Closed-Loop

https://forums.holley.com/showthread...-Learn-Enabled
Old 02-15-2019, 04:24 PM
Osman
Racer

No I am referring to Holley's closed loop learning system that you can set params for learning such as learn at 50% throttle + 1psi, etc. I am not the tuner expert Chris Crawford get's all that credit. He can explain it better also but the general idea is it constantly learns your parameters when enabled and adjusts fueling to meet the target A/F ratio (in my case adding fuel via port injectors). Not sure how good it is always as good as the team of developers who wrote it, but I do love the Holley features and software. So far top notch!

Some Holley forum links on the topic. I didn't proof little busy this min but will come back to it.

https://forums.holley.com/showthread...vs-Closed-Loop

https://forums.holley.com/showthread...-Learn-Enabled
O i know what you are talking about now... for a second i thought you were using port injection while stock ECU is in closed loop.

Get notified of new replies

To Injectors for Port Injection

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Injectors for Port Injection