C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weapon X Meth Kit installation time

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 06:30 AM
LAYNLOW
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts

Default Weapon X Meth Kit installation time

My question regarding the Weapon X Meth Kit installation time has been answered.

Anyone install the Weapon X Meth Kit? If so, how long was the install?

https://weaponxmotorsports.com/colle...t=406141730843

Thanks!

Last edited by LAYNLOW; 02-12-2019 at 06:33 AM.
Old 02-10-2019, 04:38 PM
C7&7
Le Mans Master

Received 865 Likes on 601 Posts

I wouldn't even think about using that kit on a c7. I've actually never seen that kit on a c7. Alky is the kit to buy for a c7. Takes about 6-8 hours to install.

The C7 you just use the washer tank so there is no need for a tank in the trunk.
The following 2 users liked this post by C7&7:
LAYNLOW (02-10-2019), robert miller (02-11-2019)
Old 02-11-2019, 09:16 AM
subieworx
Pro

Received 130 Likes on 94 Posts

Sounds like you don't really know.

There is nothing wrong with this kit and I honestly prefer to have a separate tank to be able to finely control what is being injected into my engine.
Old 02-11-2019, 09:45 AM
C7&7
Le Mans Master

Received 865 Likes on 601 Posts

Originally Posted by subieworx
Sounds like you don't really know.

There is nothing wrong with this kit and I honestly prefer to have a separate tank to be able to finely control what is being injected into my engine.
How does a separate tank allow you to finely control what gets injected into your engine?

My point here is I have NEVER seen this kit on a C7 EVER... Not trying to bash the system at all, it's just not something I would remotely consider. If you need meth to be injected into each cylinder for fueling then you need to just invest into a real port injection fuel system.
Old 02-11-2019, 11:14 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by C7&7
How does a separate tank allow you to finely control what gets injected into your engine?

My point here is I have NEVER seen this kit on a C7 EVER... Not trying to bash the system at all, it's just not something I would remotely consider. If you need meth to be injected into each cylinder for fueling then you need to just invest into a real port injection fuel system.
I agree from the meth tank being in the truck & the line running from the back to the front. Now here is the trick with that line for sure running up & down the car. Then the pump being where it is at YOU better hope you dont get a air pocket are the meth feeding back to the tank & you get a big shot of air in it when you would be needing the meth..

On the kit that C7-7 is telling you to use here the washer tank is mounted high so it is running down hill all the time that is feeding the pump & this distance from the pump & the tank feed line is really a few inch's.. Your car do what you want WEAPON X is a great shop I am sure they have do the R&R on the system but C7-7 is just telling you here the other kit has been out here & has been working from the c5 & c6 time here.. Robert
Old 02-12-2019, 05:50 PM
JHEBERT
Drifting

Received 311 Likes on 220 Posts

Just get Julio Dons kit for c7 and be done. Specify single or dual nozzle, put the pump controller in the kick panel and put the test/adjust module in the radio cubby. Get the DSX IAT breakout harness and sensor. I’m all in in less than 5 hours...

Last edited by JHEBERT; 02-12-2019 at 05:51 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Weapon X Meth Kit installation time

Quick Reply: Weapon X Meth Kit installation time