C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E38 ECU to control port injection

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2019, 10:20 PM
Osman
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts

Default E38 ECU to control port injection

Has anyone used E38 ECU to control port injection on C7 ??? they are easy enough to get and cheap.
Old 02-17-2019, 01:05 PM
JHEBERT
Drifting

Received 311 Likes on 220 Posts

It’s been done, so the answer would be yes. Chris Crawford (Crawford Racing)
Old 02-17-2019, 01:48 PM
Osman
Racer

I haven't seen any threads or information or experiences with it...

Anyone willing to share anything ????
Old 02-18-2019, 01:49 PM
0Crawford-Racing.com
Former Vendor

Received 62 Likes on 34 Posts

The short answer is yes it can be done. I did several kits with that ECM. I moved on from it, as the cheap cost of the ECM, did not justify the lack of features.
My current lineup of port injection controllers uses the Holley EFI ECU's, and are much more capable. Closed loop WOT wideband fueling, available spark control, traction control, boost control, transmission control, nitrous control, meth control, flex fuel.. the list goes on and on.
Feel free to reach out if you want to know more.

Chris
www.crawford-racing.com
Old 02-18-2019, 03:13 PM
JHEBERT
Drifting

There you go, from the man himself
Old 02-18-2019, 03:31 PM
KemahGT
Burning Brakes

Received 282 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Crawford-Racing.com
The short answer is yes it can be done. I did several kits with that ECM. I moved on from it, as the cheap cost of the ECM, did not justify the lack of features.
My current lineup of port injection controllers uses the Holley EFI ECU's, and are much more capable. Closed loop WOT wideband fueling, available spark control, traction control, boost control, transmission control, nitrous control, meth control, flex fuel.. the list goes on and on.
If the C7 ecu already controls closed loop, traction, etc., why would you need the Holley? Are you using the Holley to replace all of these functions? If so, does it also control the direct injection?
Old 02-19-2019, 09:50 AM
Osman
Racer

Originally Posted by Crawford-Racing.com
Feel free to reach out if you want to know more.

Chris
www.crawford-racing.com

When it comes to features over stock ECU, you can't beat Holley ECUs... especially WOT closed loop, that is one feature I would love to have.

Since my car is nothing crazy and in need of extra fuel, i think i will give this stock E38 ECU a chance and wire it in, take pictures, post my process/progress and hopefully help someone out.
Old 02-19-2019, 10:58 AM
JHEBERT
Drifting

Originally Posted by KemahGT
If the C7 ecu already controls closed loop, traction, etc., why would you need the Holley? Are you using the Holley to replace all of these functions? If so, does it also control the direct injection?
In the case of the throttle, the c7 ECU controls it, you don’t. Even after I found out how to get the throttle to open much sooner than the 1.7 sec the stock tune allows for, it’s still not instant. The holley is leaps and bounds better because it is not a torque-based controller, it’s not going to check with every electronic politician before it executes YOUR commands, it’ll JUST DO IT. The stock ECU act like it needs approval from Congress (that they will deny or restrict anyway). The Holley is true black-ops, with NO oversight committee

Things like WOT closed loop fueling (e92 and e38 can never do that) and real traction control that actually makes you faster instead overcorrecting and pulling FAR more power than what is needed. I’ve been trying to get funds allocated for Crawford’s system as well as a new 2650, while keeping as much hidden from Congress (the wife) as possible

John
Old 02-19-2019, 11:42 AM
Osman
Racer

Originally Posted by JHEBERT
In the case of the throttle, the c7 ECU controls it, you don’t. Even after I found out how to get the throttle to open much sooner than the 1.7 sec the stock tune allows for, it’s still not instant. The holley is leaps and bounds better because it is not a torque-based controller, it’s not going to check with every electronic politician before it executes YOUR commands, it’ll JUST DO IT. The stock ECU act like it needs approval from Congress (that they will deny or restrict anyway). The Holley is true black-ops, with NO oversight committee

Things like WOT closed loop fueling (e92 and e38 can never do that) and real traction control that actually makes you faster instead overcorrecting and pulling FAR more power than what is needed. I’ve been trying to get funds allocated for Crawford’s system as well as a new 2650, while keeping as much hidden from Congress (the wife) as possible

John
The stock ECU act like it needs approval from Congress <<<< probably the best description of stock C7 ECU i have seen so far...
The following users liked this post:
JHEBERT (02-21-2019)
Old 02-19-2019, 12:38 PM
KemahGT
Burning Brakes

Received 282 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Osman
Since my car is nothing crazy and in need of extra fuel, i think i will give this stock E38 ECU a chance and wire it in, take pictures, post my process/progress and hopefully help someone out.
Thanks, that would be great. I’m still learning all of this stuff. I like the idea of adding port injection but all of the pricing looks like Mercedes, BMW, Lamborghini solutions. I’m still on a Chevy budget! 🤑

Get notified of new replies

To E38 ECU to control port injection

Quick Reply: E38 ECU to control port injection