C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to remove ECM on a C7

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 02:12 PM
tonycorvettes
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Default How to remove ECM on a C7

I have removed the ecm behind the passenger wheele on a c6 ,can someone give me instructions on a c7 ...looks like you have to remove the fender tonycorvettes@aol.com
Old 02-18-2019, 06:54 PM
spinkick
Melting Slicks

Received 544 Likes on 324 Posts

I believe you have can loosen the fender, you can kind of get your hands up in there if its not a grand sport.Just take out the bolts in the wheel well to remove the liner after you remove the wheel. Youll see it there right next to the fender vent. NOT FUN. My grand sport has ground effects riveted to the car so I couldn't completely remove the fender.
Old 02-19-2019, 04:50 PM
irapilot
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I did mine last month, not especially easy but it can be done, remove the liner and bolts at the bottom of the fender, you can look back in toward the door and see one bolt which you can remove (long extension. I loosened the top bolts but don't think that is really necessary. the bottom of the fender can then be pulled out about 4 inches which will give you tight access to the ECM. unclipped the ECM the took each of the connectors off working from bottom to top. If you want tp talk it over PM me and I'' give you my number.

Gary
Old 02-20-2019, 11:15 AM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Received 1,500 Likes on 987 Posts

I have two ECMs, one set up with AFM disabled and all of my custom tune, and then my totally stock original, unmodified unit. The initial plan was to swap back and forth, but it's just not practical, it's too hard to get at for routine swaps. Too bad it's not like the C4, two screws and done!

Get notified of new replies

To How to remove ECM on a C7

Quick Reply: How to remove ECM on a C7