C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who can tune my NPP with HPTuners?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2019, 01:34 PM
DomLS3
Pro

Received 186 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by FYREANT
I’m sorry, you’re incorrect. You have it backwards. The AFM valves require access to the C304 module (CCM) and two credits to get into it. The NPP is what you can tune in the ECM, not the AFM.
You cannot tune the NPP in the ECM. It is in fact in the C304 module and requires extra credits. I have verified this with HP Tuners already.
Old 03-18-2019, 03:24 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by djpelosi
You cannot tune the NPP in the ECM. It is in fact in the C304 module and requires extra credits. I have verified this with HP Tuners already.
Ok, then I am wrong about the NPP. However the AFM valve CEL codes cannot be turned off or tuned oit in the ECM, they are in the C304 module. Theres a guide on here that shows the process with screen shots specifically for the AFM valves.
Old 03-18-2019, 07:19 PM
Internets_Ninja
Safety Car

Received 1,283 Likes on 844 Posts

I’m sorry, you’re incorrect. You have it backwards. The AFM valves require access to the C304 module (CCM) and two credits to get into it. The NPP is what you can tune in the ECM, not the AFM.
Umm no, I am right.

The error codes for the AFM valves do reside in the CCM as do all NPP functions. However, as I said vaguely, you turn off the AFM functions in the ECU which is what I was referring to. If you remove the AFM modules from the car then you have to remove the CEL codes in the CCM.

Last edited by Internets_Ninja; 03-18-2019 at 07:22 PM.
Old 03-18-2019, 07:38 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by TriPinTaZ
Umm no, I am right.

The error codes for the AFM valves do reside in the CCM as do all NPP functions. However, as I said vaguely, you turn off the AFM functions in the ECU which is what I was referring to. If you remove the AFM modules from the car then you have to remove the CEL codes in the CCM.
Yes. I agree with that statement. However that was not clarified and this thread is based around the exhaust portion of AFM, NOT the engine related functions of AFM. So, my statements were in direct response to disabling the AFM exhaust valves specifically.

You specifically called out the AFM VALVES though; in which I assumed you mean the exhaust valves. those cannot be “tuned” to my knowledge, only the error codes disabled in the C304. If you have found a way to tune the AFM exhaust valves specifically INDEPENDENT of tuning the AFM engine operations, then this would be something I was unaware of and would be interested to see if you could throw up a screenshot or advise which table in HPT you are referring to.

Last edited by FYREANT; 03-18-2019 at 07:44 PM.
Old 03-19-2019, 09:54 AM
DomLS3
Pro

Received 186 Likes on 116 Posts

You specifically called out the AFM VALVES though; in which I assumed you mean the exhaust valves. those cannot be “tuned” to my knowledge, only the error codes disabled in the C304.

The exhaust valves can indeed be tuned...

The following 2 users liked this post by DomLS3:
7LitreC5 (03-19-2019), FYREANT (03-19-2019)
Old 03-19-2019, 11:57 AM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Excellent! This was not available when I wrote the guide for doing the CEL disable in HPT 3.7. This is great to see.
Old 03-19-2019, 02:11 PM
Internets_Ninja
Safety Car

Received 1,283 Likes on 844 Posts

Yes. I agree with that statement. However that was not clarified and this thread is based around the exhaust portion of AFM, NOT the engine related functions of AFM. So, my statements were in direct response to disabling the AFM exhaust valves specifically.

You specifically called out the AFM VALVES though; in which I assumed you mean the exhaust valves. those cannot be “tuned” to my knowledge, only the error codes disabled in the C304. If you have found a way to tune the AFM exhaust valves specifically INDEPENDENT of tuning the AFM engine operations, then this would be something I was unaware of and would be interested to see if you could throw up a screenshot or advise which table in HPT you are referring to.
You can definitely tune the NPP (exhaust valves). I think you may have misunderstood what I said as my description was a little vague. However, I clarified in the last post.

Last edited by Internets_Ninja; 03-19-2019 at 02:31 PM.
The following users liked this post:
FYREANT (03-19-2019)
Old 03-23-2019, 02:36 AM
Poppacapp
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 54 Posts

Do you have the CCM licensed? I do not on my 17 GS and do not see these options. I downloaded the latest beta version and still cannot see these options

Quick Reply: Who can tune my NPP with HPTuners?