C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FYREANT’s Boosted 2014 C7 on the Dyno for tuning at Late Model Racecraft

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2019, 03:01 PM
Late Model Racecraft
Supporting Vendor

Received 629 Likes on 327 Posts

Default FYREANT’s Boosted 2014 C7 on the Dyno for tuning at Late Model Racecraft

This 2014 C7 Stingray was shown some love when owner Anthony Buonanoma, aka FYREANT fully built the motor with forged internals, upgraded valve train with all the trimmings, a stage 3 cam, A&A Corvette YSI blower, long tube headers, meth injection, and a full custom dyno tune here at the shop. Contact us to get your C7 making crazy power like this today!

Hope I am not spoiling the surprise for Anthony but here ya go guys........1016rwhp on 93oct and meth and 1040rwhp with 35%E......

Anthony should be super proud of this build. He built a car and drove it over 13hrs to my shop to be tuned with zero issues on the road. We worked on little things at the shop but nothing major. By the end of the day Friday she was making solid back to back passes over 1000rwhp and then Anthony drove her all the way back to Florida with zero issues. I am sure he will chime in soon....Again, Congrats on a killer car Anthony, I know you will enjoy her!!

Current C7 World Record Holder 7.55 @ 184 MPH

Quickest and Fastest GEN5 LT Powered Vehicle
LMR1200HP Supercharged C7 8.84 @ 160
LMR1200HP Twin Turbo C7 9.35@155mph-2014
2 TIME OUTLAW DRAG RADIAL LSX CHAMPION 2008/2010
9.47 ZR1 Corvette-2009
LATE MODEL RACECRAFT
713-466-9900
LateModelRacecraft.com

Too many PMs, please call or email instead, thanks!
The following users liked this post:
badhabit_wb (03-11-2019)
Old 03-11-2019, 04:41 PM
123sugey
Dig
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 759 Likes on 515 Posts

Great job Ant and LMR

Happy to hear the solid build takes it over 1000rwhp
Old 03-11-2019, 05:01 PM
blue_bomber697
Drifting

Received 1,296 Likes on 479 Posts
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Nice video guys! Ant was super excited when he told me about it this weekend. Going to be a wicked car.
Old 03-11-2019, 09:02 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Thank you everyone, my C7 and I have been on quite the journey I've taken it through its many build phases over the last 5 years. It's been absolutely rewarding to work on her and change her to be exactly how I want her and to share my experiences with all of you along the way. This stage of the build was no different in that regard, just that this time she took a little bit longer to get ready to go out for our big date so to speak lol.

I really have to tell the tale of my trip to Texas, my experience with Late Model Racecraft and how this all came to be. It Actually starts with CF member C7&7 offering to come to FL to help me pull the motor in the car for the first engine build 2 years ago. Since then I've flown over there to visit, went to TX2K with him, and then flown back over again in August to help him do the conversion of his seats from the GT to Comp seats which we did in the lobby of LMR might I add haha. LMR built Tim's car to the badass monster that it is today and during some of the phases of his build when I was in Texas we made multiple trips down to LMR's shop. So, I'd gotten to meet the team there multiple times and found that they really were just a great group of guys that are just real car guys at heart. This was something I picked up on instantly and is the primary reason I chose to drive my car halfway across the country to have them do the tuning, to give my car that special sauce that, in my opinion, is what truly makes a build like this shine.

I left FL on Monday morning 3/4/19 and got to Houston on the night of 3/5/19. I arrived at the shop on Wednesday morning for my appointment and they were ready to get started. There were a few things that we had some issues with along the way such as belt slip, boost leaks, rubbing fuel lines, all of which we were able to correct pretty easily once identified. My car spent three days, THREE DAYS on the dyno for us to get all the kinks worked out because Steven wouldn't let me leave until the car was right. He kept telling me "dude, you drove all the way from Florida, we're gonna make sure its right for you....". That right there is a quality of service you just cannot buy nowadays. It's also the reason that they are now the only shop I will let touch my car in any way. Because I know whatever they work on, they won't let it leave until its right. So, hats off to them for the exceptional service and for making me feel like I am part of the family at LMR.

Many of you have followed my build threads, my HOW TO guides and I've had the please of helping many of you through PM's on your very own builds. So I'd like to thank all of you for coming on this long ride with me and keeping me inspired and motivated in finishing my build! And also thanks to Cajun and Yve at EdgyVette for their help in procuring many of the parts that made this build possible!

I'm not done with this car yet, next we are gonna try and see if we can set the C7 M7 world record in the 1/4 mile. Hopefully soon at that!

Ant
cowboy casey (12-13-2023)
Old 03-11-2019, 09:06 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by 123sugey
Great job Ant and LMR

Happy to hear the solid build takes it over 1000rwhp
Thanks!

Originally Posted by blue_bomber697
Nice video guys! Ant was super excited when he told me about it this weekend. Going to be a wicked car.
Thanks Mark, I can't wait to get her to the strip!
Old 03-11-2019, 09:09 PM
muncie21
Melting Slicks

Received 179 Likes on 98 Posts

That story is just Bad ***, Ant!! We need more owners like you and more shops like LMR; congrats to both!!
FYREANT (03-11-2019)
Old 03-11-2019, 09:38 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

For those of you who want to see the dyno graph a little better, here it is:

Old 03-12-2019, 07:17 AM
Ghostnotes
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Glad to hear things went well Ant.
Im in the same boat. Did my bottom end, put it back in, drove it for a while, did my top end, drove for a while then did my YSi. Think I'm going to go with FIC injectors and pump. But that will probably be next year. Going to graft a boost controller into the system and pulley it down for now. Get on the boost sooner and cap it off until i update the fuel.

BTW what size pullies are your upper and lower if you don't mind?
Old 03-12-2019, 08:42 AM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Ghostnotes
Glad to hear things went well Ant.
Im in the same boat. Did my bottom end, put it back in, drove it for a while, did my top end, drove for a while then did my YSi. Think I'm going to go with FIC injectors and pump. But that will probably be next year. Going to graft a boost controller into the system and pulley it down for now. Get on the boost sooner and cap it off until i update the fuel.

BTW what size pullies are your upper and lower if you don't mind?
thanks man. I’m running an 8.25” lower and a 3.00” upper.
Old 03-12-2019, 03:59 PM
rb185afm
Drifting

Received 551 Likes on 327 Posts

Very impressive! Congrats on a awesome build! Noting better than doing it yourself.
FYREANT (03-12-2019)
Old 03-12-2019, 05:21 PM
phantom1
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by FYREANT
For those of you who want to see the dyno graph a little better, here it is:

Wow impressive, that's some serious HP. Enjoy
FYREANT (03-12-2019)
Old 03-12-2019, 05:58 PM
Ghostnotes
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by FYREANT
thanks man. I’m running an 8.25” lower and a 3.00” upper.
I might go one size up on the upper for now since im out of injector.

Going to graft a boost controller into it and cap it at 10 psi untill i get the FIC injectors and pump.
Going to stay on 93 for the time being.
FYREANT (03-12-2019)
Old 03-13-2019, 10:17 AM
Silverboost
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Awesome results! What are you running to help the low side fuel delivery?
Old 03-13-2019, 10:21 AM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Received 13,153 Likes on 5,984 Posts

That's f'n impressive dude... good on you for tearing into this new platform.

Question... you work on your car a lot and I assume take the fuse block in the engine bay in/out a lot? Any issues breaking anything on the wire blocks or the fuse block from having to mess with it?
Old 03-13-2019, 10:44 AM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 280 Likes on 213 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Originally Posted by Tool Hoarder

Question... you work on your car a lot and I assume take the fuse block in the engine bay in/out a lot? Any issues breaking anything on the wire blocks or the fuse block from having to mess with it?
Anthony will probably say the same thing no issues just pull the two right fuse blocks out first (use screwdriver on tab then slide right), then pull left three fuse blocks out (using screwdriver to push tab in and slide left out of assembly). Then you can move the right two out of the way and snake out the lower assembly. It's quite easy once you get the hang if it I have had mine out 5 times in the last week alone doing plug swaps and checking my Holley secondary fuel pump wiring. I wouldn't event try messing with plugs or wires or hell anything in that area until I took that fuse block out.
Old 03-13-2019, 11:25 AM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Silverboost
Awesome results! What are you running to help the low side fuel delivery?
Thanks! I have the DSX Auxiliary low side system, though the pump is having a hard time at my power level. I believe its rated for up to 850hp not 1040 like I have. DSX is working on a larger pump option for us higher HP guys which I'll be moving to once released so that I can run more E. ETA on that is sometime in the next 30-60 likely from what I have heard.

Originally Posted by Tool Hoarder

Biggest thing to remember is when you pull the lug for the power cable, use an impact, do NOT use hand tools. If you do you will break the lug off the fuse block. I'm on my second fuse block at this point.

Originally Posted by C5-VERT
Anthony will probably say the same thing no issues just pull the two right fuse blocks out first (use screwdriver on tab then slide right), then pull left three fuse blocks out (using screwdriver to push tab in and slide left out of assembly). Then you can move the right two out of the way and snake out the lower assembly. It's quite easy once you get the hang if it I have had mine out 5 times in the last week alone doing plug swaps and checking my Holley secondary fuel pump wiring. I wouldn't event try messing with plugs or wires or hell anything in that area until I took that fuse block out.
Actually, believe it or not I avoid taking the fuse block out at all costs when I can. If I am pulling the motor I remove it, but for plugs and wires I leave the whole fuse block in there. I have small hands so I can still do all the plugs and wires with the fuse block in there in under 45 minutes.

Get notified of new replies

To FYREANT’s Boosted 2014 C7 on the Dyno for tuning at Late Model Racecraft

Quick Reply: FYREANT’s Boosted 2014 C7 on the Dyno for tuning at Late Model Racecraft