C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Challenger Lift rolling jack

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2019, 05:28 PM
Detroit_Bill
Racer

Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts
Default Challenger Lift rolling jack

I have a challenger drive on lift with a rolling jack. I put the car on the lift for the first time today and the rolling jack arms will not extend far enough to reach the chassis lift points. I was a little surprised. Anyone else run into this?
Old 04-22-2019, 10:35 AM
RonX
3rd Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Detroit_Bill
I have a challenger drive on lift with a rolling jack. I put the car on the lift for the first time today and the rolling jack arms will not extend far enough to reach the chassis lift points. I was a little surprised. Anyone else run into this?
Yes, I have ran into this. Challenger sells extensions for the jacks for these wider vehicles. You can find these on their website.

Ron
The following users liked this post:
Detroit_Bill (04-23-2019)
Old 04-22-2019, 11:00 AM
Detroit_Bill
Racer

Default Can't find it.

Originally Posted by RonX
Yes, I have ran into this. Challenger sells extensions for the jacks for these wider vehicles. You can find these on their website.

Ron
Thanks Ron I looked long and hard for some type of extension before I posted this and then again after you replied. I can't find it on their website. I reached out to the dealer that sold it to me. Hopefully he can clue me in.
I was pretty disappointed that jack pads would not reach.

Can I lift it from the center of the engine cradle casting?
Old 04-22-2019, 04:21 PM
RonX
3rd Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I checked my literature and they have part number RJ45-ADT extensions for the QRJ04H 4,500lb rolling jack. These may also fit the QRJ03H 3,500lb jack as well. You may have different jacks than these. You should be able to carefully lift by the cradle, but the extensions along with the frame pucks work so much nicer.

Ron
The following users liked this post:
Detroit_Bill (04-23-2019)
Old 04-23-2019, 01:16 PM
Detroit_Bill
Racer

Default Thanks

Originally Posted by RonX
I checked my literature and they have part number RJ45-ADT extensions for the QRJ04H 4,500lb rolling jack. These may also fit the QRJ03H 3,500lb jack as well. You may have different jacks than these. You should be able to carefully lift by the cradle, but the extensions along with the frame pucks work so much nicer.

Ron

Thanks Ron, I have my dealer chasing it down for me. That is no longer in the literature.
Old 04-23-2019, 03:22 PM
Detroit_Bill
Racer

I got a quote it was more than I paid for the rolling jack in 2015! I'll figure how to lift it from the cradle. If I get into something and I have to have it, I'll consider it then.

Thanks for the help non the less.

Get notified of new replies

To Challenger Lift rolling jack

Quick Reply: Challenger Lift rolling jack