C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Borla exhaust on used C7

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2019, 12:03 PM
2014Z51
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Borla exhaust on used C7

Hey gang,

As I posted in the introduction area, I'm a new owner of a 2014 Z51. The car has an aftermarket Borla exhaust that the dealer didn't know much about. The car runs and sounds great, but I haven't been able to drive it much due to inclement weather. When I had it out on the interstate in touring mode, there was a noticeable sound of a valve opening and closing at different speeds. So I've worked out that it is the NPP system which I've not had before. I'd be interested to know anything about this, was it a drop-in cable hookup or was an additional controller needed? Also can this system be identified and/or cost of the exhaust system upgrade be approximated from photos? Any info would be appreciated.

Old 05-15-2019, 05:44 PM
2014Z51
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

So I presume this is one of the AFM/NPP Valved Exhaust Systems for the C7 with classic intercooled tips. Not sure if it's cat back or axle back? I'll experiment with the different ride control modes the next time I'm on the highway and make some observations. Anything I should be particularly concerned with or aware of?

Last edited by 2014Z51; 05-15-2019 at 05:46 PM.
Old 05-15-2019, 07:49 PM
ShadowGray19
Pro

Received 379 Likes on 209 Posts

I had a Borla S-Type Axle back system installed on my 2019 Stingray. Borla builds them specifically to work with the factory NPP system. if installed properly, there should be no difference in the way the driving modes operate. I do not hear any valves opening and closing while driving. In addition, at least for the axle back system, the installation has no impact of the factory warranty (except of course for the exhaust system itself). I have that in writing from my Service Director. You should consider yourself lucky to have the system. Mine cost $2,500 installed. Devnull is the Borla expert on this forum. Perhaps he will chime in or you could shoot him a PM.

Last edited by ShadowGray19; 05-15-2019 at 07:56 PM.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:48 PM
Avanti
Race Director

Received 5,213 Likes on 3,457 Posts

Why not go to the source; contact Borla (and/or their Website). Talk with them about the particular "system" it seems to be. Also, I'd think a perusal of ads for various systems from assorted vendors might give you some info about what you actually have. Doing thusly often gets me straight answers pretty easily.

Enjoy your "new" Vette... and all the best.

Get notified of new replies

To Borla exhaust on used C7

Quick Reply: Borla exhaust on used C7