C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alky control leaking , pulled panel and took video

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2019, 03:36 AM
chaznad
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Alky control leaking , pulled panel and took video

So I noticed a puddle by the drivers fender , pulled the panel and snapped a quick video , is this unit done ? It's only 8 months old ? ... I just had the entire front fenders replaced 2 days ago and it happened after that ...could something be loose ,
It was always fine before this, the water seems to be dripping from the bolts not the actual brass connectors

Old 05-25-2019, 08:17 AM
RottenII
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Are you sure its not leaking from the inlet on the other side of the pump and just running down the back? Maybe got bumped when they changed the fender? I just changed mine out recently and its really simple if it ends up you need a new pump. Mine was two years old and not leaking but I changed it out just to be safe. Ill have my original pump rebuilt and have it for a spare.
Old 05-25-2019, 03:19 PM
chaznad
Racer

Just unhooked the pump and the leak starts at the main housing and trickles from there .. I'm going to seal it temporarily with jb weld until Tuesday and handle it then since nobody is open on a holiday weekend
What's the easiest way to empty the tank so I can seal it properly
Old 05-25-2019, 03:57 PM
RottenII
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Put a clean pan underneath and when you unhook the hose from the reservoir to the pump you can just let it drain into the pan. In the fall before I store, I unhook the line going to my intake and using the test button just pump it out into a large bottle but that's only so I don't have open up the fender to get at the pump. Right now, I'd be leery of running the pump with it leaking like that.
Old 05-25-2019, 08:38 PM
chaznad
Racer

Ok I emptied the tank and pulled the unit , took the unit apart and applied e6000 to seal and put it back together , gonna let it dry 24 hours and give it a shot .
Will likely order another pump anyways and have this as a backup . From what I hear they come with a 1 year warranty anyways

Get notified of new replies

To Alky control leaking , pulled panel and took video

Quick Reply: Alky control leaking , pulled panel and took video