C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air in the supercharger cooling circuit

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2019, 07:46 PM
Detroit_Bill
Racer

Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts
Default Air in the supercharger cooling circuit

I see lots of threads about bleeding air from the supercharger cooling circuit. Where can I find GM saying that this is an issue. I asked the dealer to address it because mine has lots of air and they can't find it anywhere.
Old 05-28-2019, 09:40 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

Originally Posted by Detroit_Bill
I see lots of threads about bleeding air from the supercharger cooling circuit. Where can I find GM saying that this is an issue. I asked the dealer to address it because mine has lots of air and they can't find it anywhere.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1599482843

Bill
The following users liked this post:
Detroit_Bill (05-29-2019)
Old 05-29-2019, 08:30 AM
Detroit_Bill
Racer

Thanks Bill, I searched high and low.

Bill
Old 05-29-2019, 01:20 PM
Detroit_Bill
Racer

My car does have a lot of air in the tank. It did not throw a code nor have the symptoms of air in the cooling circuit. I have not run the car in a circumstance yet that would cause that to happen. I asked the dealer to address the air and they declined because it was not presenting symptoms of the problem.

I don't hold it against them, administering warranty is difficult. I am just throwing this out there for a future person to find in a search.
Old 05-29-2019, 04:40 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

Originally Posted by Detroit_Bill
My car does have a lot of air in the tank. It did not throw a code nor have the symptoms of air in the cooling circuit. I have not run the car in a circumstance yet that would cause that to happen. I asked the dealer to address the air and they declined because it was not presenting symptoms of the problem.

I don't hold it against them, administering warranty is difficult. I am just throwing this out there for a future person to find in a search.
Are you assuming it didn't throw a code because the CEL didn't light? P0300 can be present even though the CEL isn't lit. I found that out when I took my car to the dealer for the 3rd or 4th time for poor high speed throttle response when on track. The previous times there were no codes but this time the mechanic found P0300 with cylinder number 8 misfires.

Bill

Get notified of new replies

To Air in the supercharger cooling circuit

Quick Reply: Air in the supercharger cooling circuit