C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2019 Grand Sport paint issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2019, 10:58 PM
procco
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
Default 2019 Grand Sport paint issue

I have a 2019 black C7 Grand Sport I bought 2 weeks ago. I picked it up in the rain and when a few days later when I waxed it I noticed dark gray spots on the hood, front bumper and passenger mirror. I took it to the dealer and the body shop looked at it and says its under the clear coat and they would have to paint the complete front end. Has anyone have this issue? I really don't want a repainted car. Has anyone fought for a new car? I looked on line and there is one within 100 miles that is the same exact car with all the same options, same color and sticker price. GM is coming to look at it on the July 10th. Is fighting for another car a option and realistic or is it just a dream to get what I paid for? The selling dealer will not help at all, they are just offering paint with no other option except keep the spots. I brought it to another Chevy dealer and they are willing to help with the fight. The car has been sitting there with 500 miles on it for the last 10 days.
Old 07-09-2019, 06:04 AM
cuspid
Drifting

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

You made a mistake like I did one time buying a car in the dark.
Old 07-09-2019, 09:52 PM
madrob2020
Melting Slicks

Received 957 Likes on 620 Posts

I suggest taking it to an independent paint/body shop to verify it is under the clear. I was told that once on a C7 & it turned out to be water spots that came right out after VERY MINOR buffing. Can't hurt to make sure someone hasn't made an mistake before a repaint or chasing down another car. Good luck with it tho.

Last edited by madrob2020; 07-09-2019 at 09:53 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To 2019 Grand Sport paint issue

Quick Reply: 2019 Grand Sport paint issue