Notices
C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leaking Slave Cylinder?

Old 07-10-2019, 07:05 PM
VinceBlack
CF Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Leaking Slave Cylinder?

I posted last month about issues I've been having with the clutch in my '15 Z07. I'e been experiencing a faint grinding/rattle sound when the clutch is pushed in while the car is sitting and also some clutch chatter when the clutch is let out in first gear from a stop. I was just reading another post about someone with an unexplained empty clutch reservoir. I experienced the very same thing with my prior '16 Stingray, but simply refilled and didn't have a problem again. The guy's post prompted me go to the garage and check the clutch reservoir of my Z07. Low and behold, the reservoir was nearly empty with only a bit of fluid at the bottom. Although I'm not seeing any fluid on my garage floor, could this be the result of a small, slow leak in the slave cylinder? Could low fluid amounts be causing the issues i mentioned above? I clearly need to take it to the dealer but would like to be educated before I turn it over to them.
Old 07-11-2019, 01:53 AM
SkyView
CF Member

Received 63 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by VinceBlack View Post
I posted last month about issues I've been having with the clutch in my '15 Z07. I'e been experiencing a faint grinding/rattle sound when the clutch is pushed in while the car is sitting and also some clutch chatter when the clutch is let out in first gear from a stop. I was just reading another post about someone with an unexplained empty clutch reservoir. I experienced the very same thing with my prior '16 Stingray, but simply refilled and didn't have a problem again. The guy's post prompted me go to the garage and check the clutch reservoir of my Z07. Low and behold, the reservoir was nearly empty with only a bit of fluid at the bottom. Although I'm not seeing any fluid on my garage floor, could this be the result of a small, slow leak in the slave cylinder? Could low fluid amounts be causing the issues i mentioned above? I clearly need to take it to the dealer but would like to be educated before I turn it over to them.
Well it could be one of several issues. Best to take it to the dealer and have them look for leaks first.
Old 07-11-2019, 11:12 AM
383vett
CF Senior Member

Received 741 Likes on 550 Posts

When was the last time you checked the fluid level?

Last edited by 383vett; 07-11-2019 at 11:13 AM.
Old 07-11-2019, 02:39 PM
VinceBlack
CF Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by 383vett View Post
When was the last time you checked the fluid level?
I hadn't checked the clutch fluid in about a year. The last time I checked it it was fine.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Leaking Slave Cylinder?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: