C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Introducing Soler Prf. DLX Bluetooth Throttle Controller

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2023, 11:59 AM
Tony1320
Instructor

Received 173 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike@SolerEngr
Thanks. Leave the display in the box. When pairing, use the last four digits of the 12-digit number on the packaging label. Then adjust through the App.
Oh that's great. Thank you!
Old 03-18-2023, 12:46 PM
NortonCO
Drifting

Received 1,497 Likes on 734 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike@SolerEngr
Thanks. Leave the display in the box. When pairing, use the last four digits of the 12-digit number on the packaging label. Then adjust through the App.
This is great info, that I do not recall seeing in the User Manual. Any reason it's not included, or did I miss it?
Old 03-20-2023, 05:11 PM
Mike@SolerEngr
Supporting Vendor

Received 530 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by NortonCO
This is great info, that I do not recall seeing in the User Manual. Any reason it's not included, or did I miss it?
Hm, bottom of the box, if not there please find it attached. Thanks!
Attached Images
www.solerengineering.com

Old 03-27-2023, 08:04 AM
Tony1320
Instructor

Received 173 Likes on 57 Posts

I installed my TB and TC yesterday and WOW what a difference it made. This is such an easy/fast install and the results are well worth the cost. I didn't get a lot of drive time in between rain showers yesterday but it seems I'll end up using Sport 5 or 6 for the most part. I had to put it in Ludicrous 5 just to see and well it is Ludicrous! It really is way too touchy for everyday street driving. I like the Valet mode on the App that should have been included in our cars Valet setting.

My TC install with not having to use the display module is so clean, you would never know it's there without removing the pedal assembly. I highly recommend both of these products.
The following users liked this post:
NortonCO (03-27-2023)
Old 08-17-2023, 08:43 AM
sparcnz
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Great Item, however App does not allow download/install for NZ?

Hello, I have brought this throttle control, shipped to NZ, however the App will not allow me to download and install, says "this item is not available in your country".
Would be grateful if your support could fix this in the Android Play Store to permit me to install it.
Thanks Kevin.
I have emailed your support 3 times and received no reply.
Old 08-17-2023, 02:40 PM
Mike@SolerEngr
Supporting Vendor

Received 530 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by sparcnz
Hello, I have brought this throttle control, shipped to NZ, however the App will not allow me to download and install, says "this item is not available in your country".
Would be grateful if your support could fix this in the Android Play Store to permit me to install it.
Thanks Kevin.
I have emailed your support 3 times and received no reply.
Hello, sparcnz. Thank you very much for your purchase. One of our associates told me about the App issue in NZ, and the truth is that we do not have an immediate answer for that for it is not under our control for the most part, seems like one of those issues that will take a while to be resolved. However, we could get to some arrangement in the interim to make this fair to you. Could you please contact me directly at (727) 667-9225 or mike@solerengineering.com ? Thanks!
Old 08-25-2023, 03:41 AM
RodRamos
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I bought one of these Soler Throttle Controllers. Having driven other performance cars with manual transmissions, I had always felt there was some kind of lag, like a hole in the throttle response when the throttle was barely pressed. I'd heard these throttle controllers fixed that, and so after reviewing available throttle controllers, their features, pricing, etc., I chose Soler's Throttle Controller.

Now the car's throttle response feels normal. That little hole is gone. PLUS, the controller makes my Corvette FUN!. That's how it feels with this new throttle response, fun. It's weird. I wouldn't have thought such a characteristic would have such an impact on the car's feel to the point that the OEM throttle response = not fun Corvette, but it absolutely does. I mean, if you want more juice, why not just press the gas pedal down further, right? That's logical, but not factual. Having crisper throttle response makes the car feel like it has more power, even though it doesn't. It doesn't make the throttle "touchy," or too sensitive. Maybe if turned way up it would feel like that, but I've got mine dialed in to the Comfort 5 setting, and that feels just about perfect to me. Maybe if I was racing, or wanted to goose the car massively right off the line I'd dial it up further, but for tooling around town in the Corvette "fun" zone, Comfort 5 works for me.

Would I recommend this product to others? Hell, yeah! Put me down as a convert, a reference account. This little gizmo is awesome. I'm still blown away that such a small functional change in throttle response has such a big impact on the car's feel, but it does. Not a waste of money.
The following 2 users liked this post by RodRamos:
Catfish4818 (08-25-2023), NortonCO (08-25-2023)
Old 08-25-2023, 06:22 AM
Catfish4818
Melting Slicks

Received 1,997 Likes on 1,024 Posts

Originally Posted by RodRamos
I bought one of these Soler Throttle Controllers. Having driven other performance cars with manual transmissions, I had always felt there was some kind of lag, like a hole in the throttle response when the throttle was barely pressed. I'd heard these throttle controllers fixed that, and so after reviewing available throttle controllers, their features, pricing, etc., I chose Soler's Throttle Controller.

Now the car's throttle response feels normal. That little hole is gone. PLUS, the controller makes my Corvette FUN!. That's how it feels with this new throttle response, fun. It's weird. I wouldn't have thought such a characteristic would have such an impact on the car's feel to the point that the OEM throttle response = not fun Corvette, but it absolutely does. I mean, if you want more juice, why not just press the gas pedal down further, right? That's logical, but not factual. Having crisper throttle response makes the car feel like it has more power, even though it doesn't. It doesn't make the throttle "touchy," or too sensitive. Maybe if turned way up it would feel like that, but I've got mine dialed in to the Comfort 5 setting, and that feels just about perfect to me. Maybe if I was racing, or wanted to goose the car massively right off the line I'd dial it up further, but for tooling around town in the Corvette "fun" zone, Comfort 5 works for me.

Would I recommend this product to others? Hell, yeah! Put me down as a convert, a reference account. This little gizmo is awesome. I'm still blown away that such a small functional change in throttle response has such a big impact on the car's feel, but it does. Not a waste of money.
I agree with all your points.

Other posters have commented, rather dismissively, that TCs 'add no horsepower', which is absolutely correct, and which, in fact, they are not advertised as doing so.

In many/most cases, driver's brains and reactions are conditioned to by a lifetime of driving to expect 'linear throttle response'. That is, push the pedal 25% down, expect 25% throttle response increase. 'Drive by wire' cars may respond differently; push the pedal 25%, receive 15% response, which just feels wrong to our brain conditioning, as if there's something wrong with the car.

The range of adjustments available with TCs let a driver find a response setting that his internal 'programming' finds familiar and within his/her expectations.

I have a Soler DLX Bluetooth, and I'm glad I do.
The following users liked this post:
NortonCO (08-25-2023)
Old 09-03-2023, 07:41 PM
sshallen
Burning Brakes

Received 667 Likes on 326 Posts

Great product. Fifteen minute install, of which ten minutes was fiddling with the connector.

Suggest the manual state "Pull BACK on the red locking piece then press IN on the black locking piece". But I figured it out.

Suggest next version have a USB-C female on the controller and a USB-C male to USB-C male cable in the box, rather than an attached USB-C cable. But there was PLENTY of room to hide the cable.

THANKS
Old 09-04-2023, 03:20 PM
MrGary2011
Burning Brakes

Received 233 Likes on 109 Posts

Just received my unit in the mail and may get to install today. I am hoping the lag issue goes away, it is very prevalent in my Z51 with bored out 103mm LT4 supercharger and throttle body. She is touchy for moving surprisingly on me at a 1/4 throttle and just wants to run wild so also hoping for a linier response. Pretty excited about it. Got a car show about 50 miles away and we shall see how it goes. Hope to test on our back roads around my house before the weekend. I would love to set the unit out on the dash somewhere by the wire tether is a no go for me. In the center console she will go. Looking forward to more fun if thats possible. Heheheeee
Old 09-04-2023, 09:29 PM
sshallen
Burning Brakes

Received 667 Likes on 326 Posts

Gave it a lot of thought today.

Many of us spent 90% of our lives driving a car that had the throttle pedal connected to the carb/throttle body via a CABLE.

Linear movement of throttle body based on linear movement of throttle pedal. No choice, without eccentric cammed pulleys.

Then we get drive by wire, where "Anything is possible" and competing priorities. Response? MPG? EPA tests?

Soler and others make drive by wire "feel" more like a mechanical cable. That may be all there is to it.
Old 09-07-2023, 07:10 PM
Chazzmania
Pro

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts

How does this pair with a tuned car?
Old 09-07-2023, 09:41 PM
gskomes
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Same question as above. I did full bolt-ons on my C7 (manual) with a soler throttle body and did a dyno tune. While everything felt better, something is still off. Full throttle (pushing the car is fine) but if in having a little fun pushing 1/4-ish, low gears, there is a weird lag / surge around 3k-ish rpm. Tuner said he can make the pedal a little more sensitive but I left it alone. Will the controller fix this issue?

Last edited by gskomes; 09-08-2023 at 09:56 PM.

Quick Reply: Introducing Soler Prf. DLX Bluetooth Throttle Controller