C7 Vendor for Sale Exclusive forum for vendors to list C7 products, services and promotions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shock and Disbelief in Caravaggio Corvettes

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2017, 09:36 AM
wggs18
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Shock and Disbelief in Caravaggio Corvettes

I am shocked and still in disbelief to be sharing this story with this forum. I am not one to criticize or complain but at this point I need to share my story. Before you rush to judgement on the fact that I do not have very many comments or posts, please keep in mind I have every email and text message documented. So here we go.

I ordered my 17 Grand Sport from Mike Furman in August. Mike was great and advised me to wait to order the Carbon Fiber Side Skirts and Front splitter until after I received my Vette in October. I took Mikes advise and ordered without the parts. For Months I researched Vendors to find the best possible quality and with a requirement that the Products be produced domestically. I found a company called Caravaggio Corvettes on several forums and there quality seemed top notch, almost too good to be true. I reached out to John for about a Month before I finally placed the order in the middle of March. John was ultra responsive to emails and phone calls. We discussed a time frame of about 5 weeks which I was happy about. We even discussed producing parts for my Dealer in an exclusive agreement since we do a substantial amount of customization. I am the Director for the largest Lexus dealer in the world and I wanted him to come up with some ideas for the new LC500. What happens next truly has me and everyone I speak to scratching their heads since we always had great rapport and were discussing additional business dealings.

About 4 weeks after I placed the order, I called John to check the status, I was so excited to hear that the products are just going through clear coat. I was told at that point they should ship by end of week or beginning of the following. We are talking around April 9th here. This is where the turn for the worse happens. It is now the 28th of May and I still do not have my parts. That is not the most shocking part however as if I was told they would take 8-10 weeks when I ordered how could I complain?

John goes out of his way to avoid my calls/emails keeps lying to me and says they are going through customs, they have shipped, I will give you the tracking number tomorrow etc etc. I even see where he has read my texts on iMessage but doesn't respond. I have been told for over a month now repeatedly when I actually receive a text or email that they will ship next week. I truly can't believe this. There is no way this Man/company have been successful doing business this way. I am really summarizing the experience. My head cannot stop shaking!! At this point the only thing I can do is call my CC company and dispute the charge and hope that this doesn't happen to any other customer.

My only theory is, he does not make his parts domestically and is still waiting for an international shipment. All I want is some honesty and transparency and it just appears that I am dealing with a compulsive Liar.

I have every single text and email!!!

Thanks for Reading.

Quick Reply: Shock and Disbelief in Caravaggio Corvettes