C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

What's the price tag?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 02:39 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Hemi Dave
If you can afford a 2013 Z06......you can afford a 2015 C7Z

79K..... base 1LT
I like your optimism! Would love to see this happen but can't see it.
Old 12-08-2013, 02:52 PM
Skypilot797
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Garret
I honestly think it's only going to be 75k for a base car and go up to about 90 grand for a loaded one. With the way there economy is they can't go much over that if they want to sell cars.
Ya, I agree.

Take a base C7 plus Z51 and you have 55K. Now, how about some credit from GM for that LT1 engine and clutch they aren't going to use, say 9K, so your down to 46K.

Kick in 25K for a the new LT4 plus a new heavier clutch your at 71K, which for a base C7 ZO6 would be a good starting point.

They push that price much higher and the sales simply won't be their. Then add options, as they do with the base C7, would be a very good marketing plan.

The new C7 with the Z51 package is quite track capable right now, just needs a few more ponies to get it up into the super car rankings. Some folks will mod their C7's, if the C7 ZO6 is out of a realistic price range. Remember we have already seen a C7 run high 9's. With new ported heads,cam and headers it would surely kick *** around the "ring".
Old 12-08-2013, 03:02 PM
Hemi Dave
Melting Slicks

Received 459 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by sam90lx
I like your optimism! Would love to see this happen but can't see it.
Lets just hope Sam.

......I am ready to change my order from a Z51 to the Z06 if the price is right......

I think there is a great shot that it comes in under 80 grand for a base 1LT...

Now you wont be getting ceramic brakes for that price.

......Options will drive the price up sky high....just like Porsche does.....

That's what I think is going to happen......

.....and it will make it obtainable for previous gen Z06 owners...

......and those that want a complete monster can separate themselves by checking the options box...ceramic brakes.... etc.

I think that would be great for sales...everyone would be satisfied...guys who just want an obtainable Z06...and those that need the ultimate Z06....

I am a guru...I am right... I am Tadge..... We are trying to sell cars here...hahahahahahaha

On the slim chance I am wrong..... OPTION 2: Z51.....add blower...wide body fenders ...and STEAM ROLLERS......

Last edited by Hemi Dave; 12-08-2013 at 03:05 PM.
Old 12-08-2013, 06:26 PM
NofakeJake
Melting Slicks

Received 206 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by skypilot797
ya, i agree.

Take a base c7 plus z51 and you have 55k. Now, how about some credit from gm for that lt1 engine and clutch they aren't going to use, say 9k, so your down to 46k.

addition by subtraction We know the ls9 was was about $10 grand more than the ls7 from the difference in price between the z07 z06 and the zr1, so you can make the case the lt4 may be that much more than the lt1.

kick in 25k for a the new lt4 plus a new heavier clutch your at 71k, which for a base c7 zo6 would be a good starting point.

there is no way on this earth base c7 z06 prices will be $5k less than the exiting model,base c6 z06's at $76,945 ( i think)

they push that price much higher and the sales simply won't be their. Then add options, as they do with the base c7, would be a very good marketing plan.

maybe not as many sales from the old guard corvette base, but i think new c7 fans (who actually like the tail lights) will purchase it.

the new c7 with the z51 package is quite track capable right now, just needs a few more ponies to get it up into the super car rankings. Some folks will mod their c7's, if the c7 zo6 is out of a realistic price range. Remember we have already seen a c7 run high 9's. With new ported heads,cam and headers it would surely kick *** around the "ring".

true, but if a loaded z51 is $75k, $7k in mods puts you at $82k with no warrantee. With that small a difference, i think most would rather have a factory warrantee on a first year model with a newly designed block. A good example of this would be the ls7 valve train issues, right

My opinion is they sell at any price...

jmo
Old 12-08-2013, 07:03 PM
JockItch
Safety Car

Received 5,300 Likes on 1,973 Posts

Lets just hope Sam.

......I am ready to change my order from a Z51 to the Z06 if the price is right......

......and those that want a complete monster can separate themselves by checking the options box...ceramic brakes.... etc.

I think that would be great for sales...everyone would be satisfied...guys who just want an obtainable Z06...and those that need the ultimate Z06....

I am a guru...I am right... I am Tadge..... We are trying to sell cars here...hahahahahahaha

On the slim chance I am wrong..... OPTION 2: Z51.....add blower...wide body fenders ...and STEAM ROLLERS......

I think you are spot on.
Old 12-08-2013, 07:26 PM
o2baZR1
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Lets just hope Sam.

I was surprised the C7 went up the small amount it did over the '13 C6. Price of '15 Z06 of course mostly depends on what's in it, including the base version. If nothing massively upgraded, I'd guess about 79K.

I've seen C6 Z07 for 100K+. I think it's one of the main things that makes Vettes of all levels so accessible: there's a large range of price levels, and the base price of the lowest model remains "attainable by the working man/woman" (some may have to save and sacrifice but this has been GM's goal for decades, hasn't it?). Just looking at the C7, how many people are going for no-option cars? And how many are going for 3LT level? And look at the rate these things are selling. It is, for most 'working people', perhaps attainable to pay 65K or thereabouts for a car. $80-85K gets into a higher income level IMO. So maybe Joe-the-plumber can't afford one of those, but he can afford a lesser model. And there IMO will not be a shortage of people who can and will pay 85K for a '15 Z06. The more the price rises, IMO, the fewer of those they'll sell. ZR1 is spectacular, but way more Z06 got sold.

I think if a loaded '14 Stingray is 75K and a base '15 Z06 is 95K, that's too big of a gap in accessibility or those who can afford more than a '14 Stingray. A base price of 80-85K seems like it'd move more Z06s, and as long as the options are attractive, then they'd sell 90-95K models too.

Just a guess at this point on my part though.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:52 PM
racezx9
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Like the last model of Z06, there will be a base starting around 78 or so adding all the options, remember Carbon ceramic is a 15k option, the race seat would be another 3500 and maybe a carbon fiber package for 3k. I say it peaks at 115=118 fully loaded
Old 12-09-2013, 01:27 PM
NofakeJake
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by o2baZR1
I was surprised the C7 went up the small amount it did over the '13 C6. Price of '15 Z06 of course mostly depends on what's in it, including the base version. If nothing massively upgraded, I'd guess about 79K.

I've seen C6 Z07 for 100K+. I think it's one of the main things that makes Vettes of all levels so accessible: there's a large range of price levels, and the base price of the lowest model remains "attainable by the working man/woman" (some may have to save and sacrifice but this has been GM's goal for decades, hasn't it?). Just looking at the C7, how many people are going for no-option cars? And how many are going for 3LT level? And look at the rate these things are selling. It is, for most 'working people', perhaps attainable to pay 65K or thereabouts for a car. $80-85K gets into a higher income level IMO. So maybe Joe-the-plumber can't afford one of those, but he can afford a lesser model. And there IMO will not be a shortage of people who can and will pay 85K for a '15 Z06. The more the price rises, IMO, the fewer of those they'll sell. ZR1 is spectacular, but way more Z06 got sold.

I think if a loaded '14 Stingray is 75K and a base '15 Z06 is 95K, that's too big of a gap in accessibility or those who can afford more than a '14 Stingray. A base price of 80-85K seems like it'd move more Z06s, and as long as the options are attractive, then they'd sell 90-95K models too.

Just a guess at this point on my part though.

$81,645 base. The newly designed engine takes you out of the $70's to the low 80's.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:03 PM
Skypilot797
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by NofakeJake

$81,645 base. The newly designed engine takes you out of the $70's to the low 80's.
So, the new C7 Z51 is now flawed and a better race version has already been developed in such a short time. Hmmmm on that! Naw, C7 Z51 is already raced prepped, has all the good stuff and just needs a few more hp.

Whats amazing are the fools who will argue for a higher price and then pay for it to get the "wow" factor......then get beat at the track!

As of right now Vendors are giving new C7's $2500 off sticker. The rush is over. On their trucks, they raised the sticker price and ended up giving huge discounts as they just sat on the lots. 90-100K Vettes will sell.....very, very slowly as soon as the "wow guys" buy them.

Low mileage used ZR1's are now sitting with asking prices of 75-80K.

They surprised everyone when they brought out the new Z28 camaro with the LS 7.

So, maybe 2 Vettes will come out in Detroit...a ZO6 NA AND FI ZR1.

A DI LT7 555 hp NA Z06, base $73,995.00 with the new Z51 package/wide body would do very, very well.

Ya, I agree, that won't happen, but it sure would be great if it did!

Last edited by Skypilot797; 12-09-2013 at 04:12 PM.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:19 PM
ChucksZ06
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 23 Posts

Whats amazing are the fools who will argue for a higher price and then pay for it to get the "wow" factor......then get beat at the track!
You are absolutely right. But they will not get beat at the track because they do not go to the track. I will use the term FPS (Ferrari/Porsche syndrome) describes people who are all about image, like fans who emulate sports stars or movie/music stars rather than doing and living their own life.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:55 PM
Daekwan06
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

$80K base

$10K - Z07 Optional carbon package (carbon ceramic brakes & additional carbon accessories).

$100K maxed out with all options
Old 12-09-2013, 03:23 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 295 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock'n Blue 08
After seeing the laundry list of improvement's that everyone is talking about at this point over the base C-7! Wide body, carbon brakes, F/I, etc
I think the price goes over the 100 k mark to 120k then a serious dealer mark-up over MSRP!
Hello 130-135k!
Anyone care to predict the price!
1st off I don't even look at dealer markup, I'm not one of those people who have to have it 1st, look at the guys who payed 90+k for the 06's, that will now drop into the 30's with the C7Z release.
2nd I believe GM will go back to the C5 Z when it comes to the way it looks, the C7 is already a wide body as engineers said when it was introduced, it's the drivetrain that is going to be awesome, and keep the car in the 80k range, no way the car will be close to 100k, as someone said, it will just sit like the viper, the price on that car probably killed it, GM won't make the same mistake.
Old 12-09-2013, 03:35 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 295 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Skypilot797
So, the new C7 Z51 is now flawed and a better race version has already been developed in such a short time. Hmmmm on that! Naw, C7 Z51 is already raced prepped, has all the good stuff and just needs a few more hp.

As of right now Vendors are giving new C7's $2500 off sticker. The rush is over. On their trucks, they raised the sticker price and ended up giving huge discounts as they just sat on the lots. 90-100K Vettes will sell.....very, very slowly as soon as the "wow guys" buy them.

Low mileage used ZR1's are now sitting with asking prices of 75-80K.

They surprised everyone when they brought out the new Z28 camaro with the LS 7.

So, maybe 2 Vettes will come out in Detroit...a ZO6 NA AND FI ZR1.

A DI LS7 555 hp NA Z06, base $73,995.00 with the new Z51 package/wide body would do very, very well.

Ya, I agree, that won't happen, but it sure would be great if it did!
The LS motors are old news, it is now about the LT motors, the lS7 is the most flawed, brittle motor ever put in a corvette, good riddance to that motor.
I don't think there will be a wide body C7, but if there is putting it on a base car will just water the vette line down like the c6, I hope GM doesn't make that mistake again.
Anyone who prefers a na motor bs a FI motor has never driven an FI motor, the are so damn fun, and let's face it, 99% of the people on here don't even take their cars to the track, I see some 1/4 times for C7's that have the Z51 option, but don't see any track times, the only track times I see are cut and paste from magazines.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:09 PM
USCGTO
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Z06 shall start between 76 and 80k.

Options could make it much more expensive (relative to the C6 Z).
Old 12-09-2013, 04:23 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by NytmereZ
The LS motors are old news, it is now about the LT motors, the lS7 is the most flawed, brittle motor ever put in a corvette, good riddance to that motor.
I don't think there will be a wide body C7, but if there is putting it on a base car will just water the vette line down like the c6, I hope GM doesn't make that mistake again.
Anyone who prefers a na motor bs a FI motor has never driven an FI motor, the are so damn fun, and let's face it, 99% of the people on here don't even take their cars to the track, I see some 1/4 times for C7's that have the Z51 option, but don't see any track times, the only track times I see are cut and paste from magazines.
It is a wide body bro...hate to disappoint you.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:31 PM
JockItch
Safety Car

Originally Posted by NofakeJake

If the LT4 ends up being a newer generation of the LSA (with less exotic materials, cheaper manufacturing costs, and used in a few different GM models), it will likely be less expensive then the LS7 and especially the LS9.

At least that's what I'm hoping their strategy is.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:34 PM
JockItch
Safety Car

Originally Posted by USCGTO
Z06 shall start between 76 and 80k.

Options could make it much more expensive (relative to the C6 Z).

I agree. Look at their strategy with the base stingray. Way cheaper than expected entry price, but many options that can significantly raise the price and their profit margin.

I also remember those that said there was no way they'd release the Stingray anywhere close to the outgoing base C6 price. Sound familiar?

Get notified of new replies

To What's the price tag?

Old 12-09-2013, 04:35 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by ChucksZ06
You are absolutely right. But they will not get beat at the track because they do not go to the track. I will use the term FPS (Ferrari/Porsche syndrome) describes people who are all about image, like fans who emulate sports stars or movie/music stars rather than doing and living their own life.
Interestingly enough, I see lots of Porsches at the track. As in regularly 25-30% of the cars at any given event in which I am running. I just did three days at Daytona at an event put on by Performance Driving Group and The Ohio Audi Club...there were TONS of Porsches there. However, it might be a regional thing.
S.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:28 PM
NofakeJake
Melting Slicks

Old 12-09-2013, 05:48 PM
NofakeJake
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by JockItch
I agree. Look at their strategy with the base stingray. Way cheaper than expected entry price, but many options that can significantly raise the price and their profit margin.

I also remember those that said there was no way they'd release the Stingray anywhere close to the outgoing base C6 price. Sound familiar?
So $81.5K is not relatively close to $76.7K .. 6% increase

Quick Reply: What's the price tag?