C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

There may only be a Z06 and no ZR1......?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 10:28 AM
RWC112
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would agree the car should be called a ZR1 as it is supercharged and not a 427 CID as far as I know all the Z06's were 427 CID ?
Old 12-21-2013, 10:47 AM
sjohnson2615
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RWC112
I would agree the car should be called a ZR1 as it is supercharged and not a 427 CID as far as I know all the Z06's were 427 CID ?
That is not entirely accurate. Only the C6 Z06's were 427's. The C2 and C5's were not.
Old 12-21-2013, 11:16 AM
wgcatlga
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HZ3
Half the reason I'm so resistant to purchasing a Z06 is because a Zr1 may kill it in every category in a couple of years
I'm not going to wait, I may not live that long.
Old 12-21-2013, 12:03 PM
NofakeJake
Melting Slicks

Received 206 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by NytmereZ
You were the one who said they are still going for 130, you are one of those guys who thinks that their car will never go down in value, when fact is corvettes(yes even ZR1's) fall off a cliff I'm looking to buy an 08 viper with very little mileage on it, alond side it is a 2011 3lz zr1, they are asking just as much for the viper, corvette are made in to high volume to retain value, only the C1 ,c2, and some chrome number c3's( like the 68 or 69 big blocks are worth money as well as the 1970 Lt1, those days are long gone, hell I wasn't even born until 76.
I was referring to the fact Quickage said he'd buy the next iteration of a ZR1 for $130k and I agreed that I would also.

While I can see how you could misinterpret my post that said "they just sold two" , I'd be careful about your comments on who you think I am, since I've never said anything of the kind regarding depreciation on ZR1's.

Confucius said, better keep your mouth shut and let people think you're and idiot, than to open it and prove them right!

Last edited by NofakeJake; 12-21-2013 at 12:10 PM.
Old 12-21-2013, 04:55 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 295 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by NofakeJake
I was referring to the fact Quickage said he'd buy the next iteration of a ZR1 for $130k and I agreed that I would also.

While I can see how you could misinterpret my post that said "they just sold two" , I'd be careful about your comments on who you think I am, since I've never said anything of the kind regarding depreciation on ZR1's.

Confucius said, better keep your mouth shut and let people think you're and idiot, than to open it and prove them right!
Hey when I'm wrong I'll admit it, and yes I did misinterpret what you wrote, my bad . I also don't care if somebody calls me an idiot, if I act like one I deserve to be called one .
Old 12-21-2013, 05:30 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,444 Likes on 2,270 Posts

Originally Posted by Guibo
Maybe they will. There have been a ZR2 production (C3) and prototype (C4) model before.

I wouldn't put it past GM to hope that some will do exactly that; you can bet quit a few current C7 owners will be upsold into the Z06. It's a pretty shrewd business model, and one which other companies use too.

I think when GM states "The Corvette Z06 will complete Chevrolet’s performance car lineup, which will also see the addition of the Corvette Stingray Convertible, Camaro Z/28 and SS sedan," they could be right in saying that, while also leaving open the option of a ZR1-type car later on down the line, especially if the economy picks up. They could mean that, as the Z06 has been in the works for some time, when it is released, it will literally complete the performance car lineup, as they currently have it planned. For the short term, that could be absolutely correct. But the performance car lineup is constantly evolving, in response to what the market will bear, and due to the simple fact that old models get old; there's likely to be a new-generation Camaro, with models that have even higher performance than the Z/28. To me, it doesn't sound like they're saying a ZR1-type car is off the table.

Old 12-21-2013, 08:34 PM
NofakeJake
Melting Slicks

Received 206 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by NytmereZ
Hey when I'm wrong I'll admit it, and yes I did misinterpret what you wrote, my bad . I also don't care if somebody calls me an idiot, if I act like one I deserve to be called one .
Me too.

I've been wrong many times, and I mean MANY.

Can't go wrong with a Viper, no matter what they say on the Corvette forum as my '13 ZR1 drops a few bucks in anticipation of the C7 Z

Hope you have great holiday season
Old 12-21-2013, 09:27 PM
SBC_and_a_stick
Safety Car

Received 551 Likes on 311 Posts

ZR1 is just going to be a higher boost version of the Z06 is my guess. Not much left in the C7 tool bin if the Z06 is forced induction.

However, I'm almost 100% sure there will be one. Enough people bought one in the last generation to make it worth it. GM will recover the R&D costs and improve brand image at no cost. I don't expect they'll make money on it but it would be stupid not to make one if no money is lost.

Quick Reply: There may only be a Z06 and no ZR1......?