C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports
View Poll Results: So will there be a Z06 Convertible
Yes
47.44%
No
52.56%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Z06 Convertible

Old 12-30-2013, 12:51 PM
Kingspoke
Melting Slicks

Received 105 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Skullbussa
The biggest way to tell if there is a poser behind the wheel of a sports car is if the roof goes up and down.

That said, I fully support GM making some profit by making/selling such a car.
So a poser is in your stated opinion is someone who drives a convertible?

What in your opinion are they posing to be?

In your opinion does someone who drives a convertible a lesser driver than you?

Just asking because, that "Poser" label is thrown about.

Can someone go from poser to non poser by going to a hard top? What if you own a hard top and a convertible, do you revert to poser status when you switch cars?

I'm sure it is probably all in good fun, and you don't really believe you are the ultimate sports car driver, or do you?

Last edited by Kingspoke; 12-30-2013 at 02:39 PM. Reason: type o
Old 12-30-2013, 01:34 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Kingspoke
So a poser is in your stated opinion is someone who drives a convertible?

What in your opinion are they posing to be?

In your opinion does someone who drives a convertible a lesser driver than you?

Just asking because, that "Poser" label is throw about.

Can someone go from poser to non poser by going to a hard top? What if you own a hard top and a convertible, do you revert to poser status when you switch cars?

I'm sure it is probably all in good fun, and you don't really believe you are the ultimate sports car driver, or do you?
Gonna be funny to see these "hardcore Z06 race car drivers" **** the bed when the C7 Z has a Targa, Vert and Auto trans option!
Old 12-30-2013, 02:02 PM
Red08Roadster
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Skullbussa
The biggest way to tell if there is a poser behind the wheel of a sports car is if the roof goes up and down.

That said, I fully support GM making some profit by making/selling such a car.
OK. When you pick up your new C7 Z06 with the targa top (if they come that way), stop at the hardware store on the way home, pick up a handful of self tappers and screw that mother down forever. You'll have the most no-nonsense Corvette at the track. In the mean time I'll be be posing through the mountains with the top down.

On the M7-A6 discussion, my "other car" is a supercharged LS1 F body Camaro M6. It's as fast as my Vette but a crude tool by comparison. I've been rowing the gears in that tractor for years. It's great fun away from traffic but, stoplight to stoplight in my town, not so much. Life is full of trade-offs.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:23 PM
Red08Roadster
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by ALLANB
Gm should offer a vert and coupe for the z06. They should offer auto option as well as full manual. There may be a market for a grand sport type of car with the c7 base engine in a widebody. But those first two options should be absolutely offered.

I sold off my 08 z06 because it was not and auto and got sick of driving stick in place that now live. I also didn't like the fact that it wasn't a vert and again living where live now wanted at least one vert in the stable.

I am not buying a base c7 because I want a higher hp ,widebody bit less common corvette. There will be tons of c7 out there in a few years. But not near as many z06 or zr1s.

So guess we will find out more in a few weeks. I would also be happy if the z06 also have removable roofs. And truth be known generally I prefer retractable hardtops over ragtops but there are pros and cons to each setup. Ragtops are lighter, cheaper, more reliable but retractable roofs look better to me up , are quieter.

One thing didn't like in the c6 was that the 427 was only offered with manual transmission in the vert. But then again that was also the only way the z06 was offered.
Regarding noise level, I was surfing info on the new C7 the other night and read (don't remember where) that the interior noise level was measured as lower in the convertible than the coupe. The surprising results were attributed to a new layer of sound insulation in the top material and the bulkhead between the seats and the trunk in the convertible that is not there in the coupe. Anyone else able to verify that?
Old 01-04-2014, 10:19 AM
erikszr1
Melting Slicks

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

i hope not. if that's the case, make one model with the availability to order it anyway you want. i vote a hopefull NO

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Poll: Z06 Convertible