C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

The C7R will be RED

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 03:08 AM
Stingray23
Le Mans Master

Received 601 Likes on 221 Posts

Man, I cant wait till next month to see both the Z06 and C7R.
Old 12-24-2013, 08:31 AM
jd_black_00
Melting Slicks

Received 470 Likes on 145 Posts
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2016 C5 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '12, '14

Originally Posted by RC000E
I wish I could make Daytona, believe me....my shop schedule is pretty chaotic right now with several new builds, so its not happening. I am looking at Indianapolis and VIR this year, most likely. I've done Mid Ohio, Baltimore and Road America in the past.

Curious about attending Detroit...thats a sketchy one. Was also supposed to make Leguna last yr but schedule conflicts wrecked that one.

I love the races....was upset for no return of Mid Ohio but...Indy isnt too far.
Belle Isle in Detroit is actually pretty nice. I go to Road America every year and went to VIR two years ago. Beautiful tracks!! I just hope they don't keep shortening the race at Road America as they have over the past 4 years
Old 12-29-2013, 08:32 PM
nrt69
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

the C7R will continue to be yellow...based on a conversation I had with Corvette racings lead engineer a few months ago at COTA. I had this conversation with him (as well as Doug Fehan every chance I get) because I, too, am sick of my beloved Corvettes being painted school bus yellow. I even went so far as to get the names of the people involved in making the decision to keep it yellow so i can email or call them about it (I didn't get far with that).
pro racing can move forward (technologically) all they want but it doesn't hurt to show some heritage with a simple paint scheme....like the 1960 LeMans white w/blue stripes vettes someone mentioned here. Those are the old American racing international colors which are sometimes reversed). Lets take those colors and make something modern out of them. I vote for a Laguna Blue C7R with two big white hash marks on the fenders, black wheels, and old skool "meatballs" where the numbers are placed. The sister car can be white w/laguna blue hash marks on its fenders.
Don't know if anyone saw the GM display at Monterey in August but it was full of various generations of racing Corvettes next to their street going counterparts. GM is all about heritage - so get rid of that ugly yellow paint and bring back white and blue!
Old 12-29-2013, 08:40 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by nrt69
- so get rid of that ugly yellow paint and bring back white and blue!
Ain't goin' nowhere. It is a VERY popular choice
Old 12-30-2013, 01:16 AM
ZL-1
Safety Car

Received 184 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by thedofuss
i have no idea what this entire thread is all about, but could someone tell me (not very corvette knowledgeable) what the C7.R is, and what the difference between references made between the Z06 and the possibility of a Z07 for 2015? thanks in advance.
Re: the possibility of a Z07 for 2015?

It's likely that the 2015 Z06 will have big steel brake rotors standard as seen in one spy photo. This would allow a more attractive base price. The expensive carbon ceramic brake rotors could be part of an optional Z07 performance package as they were on the C6.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:16 PM
427bob
Pro

Received 296 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by Chappie
I think the yellow has really gotten long in the tooth. What? 13 years or so? I think they should do what the US Navy did with their aircraft during the Centennial of Naval Aviation in 2011 where they painted dozens of aircraft in heritage schemes from WWI through the Gulf War.

Why not a Spirit of Sebring scheme for the 2014 12 Hours of Sebring or white with a blue stripe like the 1960 LeMans-winning team. They should embrace the racing heritage of the mark. Yellow's gotten quite boring, the paint scheme should be just as exciting as the shape of the car itself.

Chappie
Ferrari has a long and storied history with red. I don't hear any Ferrari owners whining about the color of their race car.
Corvette has established a history with the color yellow and I would not be in favor of changing it at any time.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:12 PM
dollarbill
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 82 Likes on 48 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Agree with the yellow history but I remember one of the years of C5 R's was dark blue with gray stripes. Looked good and was easy to spot at that time.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:15 PM
Stingray23
Le Mans Master

Received 601 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by 427bob
Ferrari has a long and storied history with red. I don't hear any Ferrari owners whining about the color of their race car.
Corvette has established a history with the color yellow and I would not be in favor of changing it at any time.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:36 AM
MikeG37
Drifting

Received 756 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by rcallen484
Ain't goin' nowhere. It is a VERY popular choice

And it IS yellow

Old 01-05-2014, 02:52 PM
acrace
Drifting

Received 215 Likes on 153 Posts

And to further support the photo . . . confirmation from Doug Fehan, as posted in a Racer.com update today (italics added):
Corvette Racing has had a productive Roar Before The 24 test, logging more miles and data with their brand-new C7.Rs. Program manager Doug Fehan gave RACER his assessment of the progress they've made and revealed an interesting nugget on the car's camo testing livery.

“We're here primarily to work on durability and reliability,” he said. “Without that, you've got nothing and it doesn't matter how fast you go. So we're paying a lot of attention to that. We've got a whole book to write on chassis and aero. All in all, it's been helpful being here, but for comparisons with our C7.Rs to the other cars at this point, it's hard to tell. We'll go out, run a fast lap, then everyone else in our class is careful not to go any faster. You know how that game goes. You always expect that. It's too early to judge who brought what, but it's safe to say everyone has made improvements.”

The Corvettes have run at the test in their camo vinyl wrap, and the proper livery is set to be revealed next week at the North American International Auto Show. Fehan revealed no livery work will be required after the test – the C7.Rs have been running with them the whole time. “If you look at the bodywork seams you can see the yellow. We knew we wouldn't have time after the test to do it, so we did the cars before the test and wrapped them with the camo. All we have to do is peel it off when we get back!”
Old 01-05-2014, 03:00 PM
acrace
Drifting

Originally Posted by dollarbill
Agree with the yellow history but I remember one of the years of C5 R's was dark blue with gray stripes. Looked good and was easy to spot at that time.
That was for LeMans for 2003, the rest of the year the cars were yellow. That color was then available on 2004 production cars as part of the LeMans commemorative edition package.
Old 01-05-2014, 03:05 PM
acrace
Drifting

Originally Posted by RC000E
I wish I could make Daytona, believe me....my shop schedule is pretty chaotic right now with several new builds, so its not happening. I am looking at Indianapolis and VIR this year, most likely. I've done Mid Ohio, Baltimore and Road America in the past.

Curious about attending Detroit...thats a sketchy one. Was also supposed to make Leguna last yr but schedule conflicts wrecked that one.

I love the races....was upset for no return of Mid Ohio but...Indy isnt too far.
Detroit won't have the GTLM class competing, as the date of the Detroit TUDOR/IndyCar weekend is smack in the middle of all the LeMans testing/race schedule.

Quick Reply: The C7R will be RED