C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Z06 Special Viewing with development team

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 08:47 PM
BeaZt
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14
Default Z06 Special Viewing with development team

Who here is going? I saw a lot of people mention it but I'm sure some got lost in the thread. How are Detroit Highways mid. January? It's been awhile since I've driven in the snow.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:02 PM
acrace
Drifting

Received 215 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by 1320vetteran
Who here is going? I saw a lot of people mention it but I'm sure some got lost in the thread. How are Detroit Highways mid. January? It's been awhile since I've driven in the snow.
SE Michigan does a good job with snow removal. The thing that would be of concern is if it snows lightly between midnight and 6 AM, and the temp is "just right" to have the roads glaze over.

See you on the 18th. Since I don't know your name, which "line" are you, on Karen's spreadsheet?
Old 12-27-2013, 09:04 PM
titletaker
Melting Slicks

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Detroit is just a dump of a city, so be careful where you drive, park, eat, drink, etc. The weather can be pretty bad with lake effect snow, but you just have to wait and see what mother nature has in store. I would stay in St. Claire Shores and then drive into Detroit. Kind of a resort type town with nicer bars and restaurants, although being winter there might be less going on there.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:14 PM
BeaZt
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by acrace
SE Michigan does a good job with snow removal. The thing that would be of concern is if it snows lightly between midnight and 6 AM, and the temp is "just right" to have the roads glaze over.

See you on the 18th. Since I don't know your name, which "line" are you, on Karen's spreadsheet?
I think I may be line 13 , not sure don't have the sheet near me...but my first and last initial are the same.

Originally Posted by titletaker
Detroit is just a dump of a city, so be careful where you drive, park, eat, drink, etc. The weather can be pretty bad with lake effect snow, but you just have to wait and see what mother nature has in store. I would stay in St. Claire Shores and then drive into Detroit. Kind of a resort type town with nicer bars and restaurants, although being winter there might be less going on there.
we are flying in Friday and staying at the Westin at the airport, then driving to the meet point in the morning, the show and finally flying back home Saturday evening.

Last edited by BeaZt; 12-27-2013 at 09:16 PM.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:37 PM
RC000E
Le Mans Master

Received 346 Likes on 208 Posts

Me and my friend with be there...snow...pfff...people make more of it than it is. Here's my simple lesson....don't do sudden sh*t and sudden sh*t won't happen...be smooth, increase your braking distances and it's easy as pie. Detroit is such a steaming cesspool it just naturally melts most of the snow though.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:41 PM
BeaZt
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by RC000E
Me and my friend with be there...snow...pfff...people make more of it than it is. Here's my simple lesson....don't do sudden sh*t and sudden sh*t won't happen...be smooth, increase your braking distances and it's easy as pie. Detroit is such a steaming cesspool it just naturally melts most of the snow though.
Lol thanks
Old 12-30-2013, 02:10 PM
JThomas
Burning Brakes

Received 81 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by 1320vetteran
The highways in Metro Detroit can be snow covered, icy, slushy etc., this time of year. And the volume of traffic can be heavy, especially during the auto show. It is a big draw for the City of Detroit during the entire week. If you haven't driven in the snow in a while, the entire State of Michigan may not be for you between the months of November through March, any year!

As far as the City of Detroit goes, there is plenty to see if you have a positive outlook.

Get notified of new replies

To Z06 Special Viewing with development team

Quick Reply: Z06 Special Viewing with development team