C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

What will be the "special surprise" on the new Z06?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 11:51 AM
mirage2991
Safety Car

Received 250 Likes on 163 Posts

They are relocating the rear vents under the tail lights elsewhere as to not have the droopy transformer look???
Old 01-05-2014, 12:02 PM
CarBoy
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mirage2991
They are relocating the rear vents under the tail lights elsewhere as to not have the droopy transformer look???
Now you're dreaming.......but what a sweet dream it is....
Old 01-05-2014, 12:07 PM
Dave02C5
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

available only in M7.. FRC. SURPRISE!
Old 01-05-2014, 01:56 PM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,919 Likes on 1,361 Posts

Opera lamps.

Michael
Old 01-05-2014, 02:09 PM
ALLANB
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New z06 better have auto option. Vert option makes sense and would also hope it would come with removable roof panels like c7 base cars. Supercharged engine is fine or a 550 to 600 hp 7.0 litre fine too. And pretty much expected it will be wide body, bigger tires than base cars . How light it will be is unclear yet. If they add a supercharger it might be heavier than current base cars but of course with the huge increase in power a hundred or so pounds more is not going to mean much.
And would expect a ceramic break option and maybe a stripped down option like the new z28.
Old 01-05-2014, 02:12 PM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,919 Likes on 1,361 Posts

Originally Posted by ALLANB
New z06 better have auto option.
Not likely. Doesn't fit the branding of a track car.

Michael
Old 01-05-2014, 02:27 PM
Jp23rockstar
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael A

Michael
The new c7 zo6 will have an auto option. It's already been discussed and mentioned about the upcoming 8sp auto transmission capable of up to 738lb/tq. Given the 635lb/tq rating of the zo6, it will be used to increase sales. I guarantee you the auto will be quicker than the manual at the drag and the road course. Technology marches on. Manual is going the way of the dinosaur.
Old 01-05-2014, 03:21 PM
dcbingaman
Burning Brakes

Received 342 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by Jp23rockstar
The new c7 zo6 will have an auto option. It's already been discussed and mentioned about the upcoming 8sp auto transmission capable of up to 738lb/tq. Given the 635lb/tq rating of the zo6, it will be used to increase sales. I guarantee you the auto will be quicker than the manual at the drag and the road course. Technology marches on. Manual is going the way of the dinosaur.
I agree. And it will NOT be a DCT.

Get over it, 20th Century Gear Rowers !!
Old 01-05-2014, 05:02 PM
Caddylac10
Racer

Originally Posted by Michael A

Michael
People are mincing words over the term "automatic." We are talking about an automated manual, a.k.a. paddle shifters. Whether its a DCT or an 8 speed tc, the shifts are performed the exact same way; pull the right paddle to upshift, pull the left paddle to downshift. I'm not sure what the confusion is for. The C7 already has paddles.

There isn't a more vaunted track car than the GT3, which only has a DCT; Porsche got rid of the manual. Branding the ultimate track car means being the fastest. That's why the GT3 has paddles. That's why the C7R has paddles. The Z06 and Viper are the only supercars in the world I can think of without paddles, not the other way around. Its fantastic that GM still offers a stick for those that want it but it won't be the fastest. There's no reason not offer both transmission options so buyers can pick what they prefer.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:18 PM
Dave02C5
Pro

I guess the ZR1 with the measly M6 can't beat anyone on the track..

autos don't belong on track cars.. btw, you're comparing cars to the corvette that are twice it's price - and slower.. automatics will melt down faster than pam andersons innocence on a road course.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:28 PM
Jp23rockstar
Drifting

Originally Posted by Dave02C5
I guess the ZR1 with the measly M6 can't beat anyone on the track..

autos don't belong on track cars.. btw, you're comparing cars to the corvette that are twice it's price - and slower.. automatics will melt down faster than pam andersons innocence on a road course.
No one is saying that the m6 in the zr1 is terrible. It's just that an 8sp zf auto transmission would make the car quicker. The 991s has the pdk and it performs really well on the track. Go to the porsche website and check out the differences between the pdk and manual. The pdk is superior than the manual. As for being the 991s slower than the c7 z51 chalk that up to more power, better suspension, better tires than the 991s. Just imagine how much quicker the c7 would be with an auto transmission at the drag and the road course. Get ready for the stingray and Zo6 to have the new 8sp auto. It doesn't make you any less of a man to drive an auto instead of a manual.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:40 PM
JeffInDFW
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 23 Posts

It doesn't make you any less of a man to drive an auto instead of a manual.
Disagree.

But, I WILL agree with you that I have no problem with GM offering both transmissions. Girly men helping keep the sales numbers of Z06's up is a good thing.

As for the auto being faster. I do agree, it will be faster. Drag racing, and road course. But, I can get my wife pregnant faster by using artificial insemination OR, I can get involved and do it the old fashioned way which is a hell of a lot more fun. I am all about the driving experience. Why hike to the top of the mountain when you can just take a helicopter to the top? Why eat a steak dinner when you can be fed intraveniously? Both are much faster, more efficient.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:42 PM
Dave Schotz
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 62 Posts

Corvettes have trans temp issues with the manual trans! I will be very surprised to see a track capable z06 with an auto. Yes the 8speed is coming but not to the z06.

Maybe as a convertible option for all you softies! :p

Dave
Old 01-05-2014, 05:50 PM
Dave02C5
Pro

Originally Posted by JeffInDFW

As for the auto being faster. I do agree, it will be faster. Drag racing, and road course. But, I can get my wife pregnant faster by using artificial insemination OR, I can get involved and do it the old fashioned way which is a hell of a lot more fun. I am all about the driving experience. Why hike to the top of the mountain when you can just take a helicopter to the top? Why eat a steak dinner when you can be fed intraveniously? Both are much faster, more efficient.
ABSOLUTELY!! but, faster? IDK with a good driver, but most of these guys are sub-par drivers so I understand where their lazy fascination with the automatic gearbox is coming from.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:53 PM
BeaZt
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

No one is saying that the m6 in the zr1 is terrible. It's just that an 8sp zf auto transmission would make the car quicker. The 991s has the pdk and it performs really well on the track. Go to the porsche website and check out the differences between the pdk and manual. The pdk is superior than the manual. As for being the 991s slower than the c7 z51 chalk that up to more power, better suspension, better tires than the 991s. Just imagine how much quicker the c7 would be with an auto transmission at the drag and the road course. Get ready for the stingray and Zo6 to have the new 8sp auto. It doesn't make you any less of a man to drive an auto instead of a manual.
It's makes me a an even faster man at the drag strip, which is where the majority if my high speed runs will be. If it comes with a manual no problem but if it comes with an auto option I will go for it. Built autos are very common at the strip. If you want to have the most fun buy a manual, if you want to be faster get an auto.

Last edited by BeaZt; 01-05-2014 at 06:00 PM.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:01 PM
Jp23rockstar
Drifting

Originally Posted by JeffInDFW
Disagree.

But, I WILL agree with you that I have no problem with GM offering both transmissions. Girly men helping keep the sales numbers of Z06's up is a good thing.

All those scenarios you told me are not related to cars. Go call all f1 race car drivers girly because they drive an auto lol.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:03 PM
Jp23rockstar
Drifting

Originally Posted by 1320vetteran
It's makes me a an even faster man at the drag strip, which is where the majority if my high speed runs will be. If it comes with a manual no problem but if it comes with an auto option I will go for it. Built autos are very common at the strip. If you want to have the most fun buy a manual, if you want to be faster get an auto.
Exactly!

Get notified of new replies

To What will be the "special surprise" on the new Z06?

Old 01-05-2014, 07:00 PM
Stingray23
Le Mans Master

Received 601 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by 1320vetteran
Wrong car. Get a mustang or camaro.
Old 01-05-2014, 07:23 PM
GNC7
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I say its a rear wing that adjusts automatically and from inside the car.
Old 01-05-2014, 07:29 PM
BeaZt
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by Stingray23
Wrong car. Get a mustang or camaro.
No I like vettes and it's my money. tell the ones that don't track theirs at all to get something other than a vette.

Quick Reply: What will be the "special surprise" on the new Z06?