C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Z06 - 620 hp, 650 tq

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 08:59 AM
Kappa
Melting Slicks

Received 530 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by vegasredz062
if GM charges 90k base - they will have the same BS problems Dodge is going through with its viper. IT will sit on the lot.

Base 1LT z51 is 54k , they are adding pistons and rods, blower , better brakes and wider tires.. I doubt that will translate to over 79K for the base. .

Anything higher and the Z06 will be up a creek.
Maybe 5% of the market thinks that way. I have a feeling the C7Z is going to have things you can't have in aftermarket yet, if ever, and it will be worth it to buy one over a modded base C7 because of them.

The Viper isn't moving many units because it really doesn't distance itself from older competition and doesn't have the customer base of a Corvette or 911. I'd really like to see Viper vs R8 vs GT-R YTD numbers. I'd bet they aren't too far apart...
Old 01-08-2014, 11:00 AM
Lavender
Melting Slicks

Received 320 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Kappa
Maybe 5% of the market thinks that way. I have a feeling the C7Z is going to have things you can't have in aftermarket yet, if ever, and it will be worth it to buy one over a modded base C7 because of them.

The Viper isn't moving many units because it really doesn't distance itself from older competition and doesn't have the customer base of a Corvette or 911. I'd really like to see Viper vs R8 vs GT-R YTD numbers. I'd bet they aren't too far apart...
I think both the GTR and the R8 has the Viper covered.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:57 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by Kappa

If you want to really know why the Viper fell off the face of the earth go on cars.com and do a search on new Vipers. I think you'll find the typical Viper in stock has a list price of way over $130,000. That should be a strong message about how the Corvette should be priced, and hopefully will be. It's hard to sell Dodge and Chevy's for six figures for more than a short run of very wealthy car nuts.

Here, take a look….http://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchr...AD&enableSeo=1
Old 01-08-2014, 07:28 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 295 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by jschindler
If you want to really know why the Viper fell off the face of the earth go on cars.com and do a search on new Vipers. I think you'll find the typical Viper in stock has a list price of way over $130,000. That should be a strong message about how the Corvette should be priced, and hopefully will be. It's hard to sell Dodge and Chevy's for six figures for more than a short run of very wealthy car nuts.

Here, take a look….http://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchr...AD&enableSeo=1
way to expensive, performance is virtually the same, and the gen 4 IMO is the better looking car, viper buyers don't like all the nanny's either.
The Z will start in the 80's and will outperform viper, the only downside is that once again you won't be able to tell the difference from the base 10 feet away, but than again the base c7 looks pretty darn awesome

Quick Reply: Z06 - 620 hp, 650 tq