C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Ho hum......not really blown away by the Z06

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 10:30 AM
pietro c7
Melting Slicks

Received 1,157 Likes on 650 Posts

Originally Posted by LASTBLUE
Its just you. The car and performance is unmatched.
Your admiral blue c4 looks amazing....And yes ,the performance of the Z06 is incredible.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:30 AM
LuvnMyC7
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

It is a very cool looking car, but was also very happy to see that it doesn't stray all that far from the Z51 Corvette.

Same fender flares as on previous models. I'm actually not a fan of them. I think on the C6, they should have made the whole fenders wider, not just flare out the wheel wells. Always looked like a slap on aftermarket flare to me. It's cool and looks bad *** in person, just seemed like a cheap way to widen up the car. I see they stuck with the same concept on the C7 Z06.

Beyond that, wider wheels. Much larger rear spoiler and front splitter with side fins at the front of the fender wells. I'm not sure about either. Will hold off on judgment to see if it grows on me. Also not sure about the larger air vent on the front fender behind the wheel. Add in the typical Z06 brake duct in front of the rear tire and there's really not much else to it. Oh, the hood has a larger air vent on it.

Which I am happy about as I still feel proud of my Z51. The wide body definitely is amazing and looks mean as hell, just not sure about the over the top rear spoiler, side fins on the front splitter and side air vents.

They say everything is bigger in Texas, well this is basically a "Texas" Corvette.

Last edited by LuvnMyC7; 01-13-2014 at 10:40 AM.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:31 AM
Jasil
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think the car will turn off the Z06 purist who doesn't actually track the car and just likes to tell stories about it.

For the rest of us who driver the car what's not to like? Fastest production corvette ever!! More options!! Better everything!!

If you were in the market for a ZR1 you would be a dorfwad not to love the Z07 imo.
Mdm23
Drifting

Received 75 Likes on 36 Posts

OP must be really hard to impress.
C7Z
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love it!
LS6GXP
Racer

weak sauce presentation

Car looks great from what I could tell...
Old 01-13-2014, 10:32 AM
drivestwin
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JerriVette
I'd suggest its just you. Of course naked women jumping out of the cockpit would have been cool too .....

That said...over 625 hp and 635 lb ft of torque running through a choice of two transmissions and open air capability make this a vehicle for those who want it all.

The highest level of downforce of any car GM ever tested in a windtunnel is impressive and the fact it lapped faster than the previous king. ...the c6 ZR1 is amazing as well.

Of course personal preference is just that personal choice...so thanks for posting your opinion..

now its time to get to the threads by all the DCT enthusiasts so we can see their heads explode..
Good points. Great car but disappointed they didn't give better shots of the car, no weight number, and no tech summary.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:33 AM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by Chicago1
i had a bunch of people here at work watch it and they all said the same thing. that's it? It was boring barley showed the car no details. I know more about GM as a company then about the new Z. It was lame no excitement even the crowd was dull as the announcer. If you guys think that's exciting you must live boring lives that was borderline bad. No one seemed excited.

If you depend on a reveal to get excited about the Vette, you need a life. The Stingrays reveal was lambasted by people like you, it didn't stop it from becoming a Car of the Year, smashing performance boundaries, outselling competition etc etc etc. Oh but the reveal sucked.......
Old 01-13-2014, 10:33 AM
Divexxtreme
Pro

I hope only the Z07 option has all that aero they showed. I don't want (or need) all that on my car. I'll rarely track it, and I think the front splitter and side skirts look horrible. Love everything else, though.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:34 AM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 207 Posts

Back to sleep, or speculation, for several more months until the full infodump and first drives.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:37 AM
pietro c7
Melting Slicks

Received 1,157 Likes on 650 Posts

Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
I hope only the Z07 option has all that aero they showed. I don't want (or need) all that on my car. I'll rarely track it, and I think the front splitter and side skirts look horrible. Love everything else, though.
Your definately not alone....There will be entry packages without the aero stuff.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:37 AM
Mdm23
Drifting

Received 75 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by LuvnMyC7
It is a very cool looking car, but was also very happy to see that it doesn't stray all that far from the Z51 Corvette.

Same fender flares as on previous models. I'm actually not a fan of them. I think on the C6, they should have made the whole fenders wider, not just flare out the wheel wells. Always looked like a slap on aftermarket flare to me. It's cool and looks bad *** in person, just seemed like a cheap way to widen up the car. I see they stuck with the same concept on the C7 Z06.

Beyond that, wider wheels. Much larger rear spoiler and front splitter with side fins and the front fender wells. I'm not sure about either. Will hold off on judgment to see if it grows on me. Also not sure about the larger air vent on the front fender behind the wheel. Add in the typical Z06 brake duct in front of the rear tire and there's really not much else to it.

Which I am happy about as I still feel proud of my Z51. The wide body definitely is amazing and looks mean as hell, just not sure about the over the top rear spoiler, side fins on the front splitter and side air vents.
From what I read all the aerodynamic add ons will be optional. I don't think the "regular" Z06 will look exactly like this one. It had Z07 on the rear. I also think the C6Z06 would've looked stupid with fenders like you described. The fenders greatly improved the look on the C6 and they have improved the look on this car too. I'm also glad they changed that grille. They nailed it IMO.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:39 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

Originally Posted by pcguy2u
Not fond of the makeshift/boxy looking splitter - what was the point. Hope they refine that before production.

Love the wide-body though...
Guess you didn't listen to the narrative. It is about downforce that is engineered into the car Vs some aftermarket company with no engineering test capability designing something that looks good but doesn't do a thing from a functional standpoint. The car is about performance not waxing.

Bill
Old 01-13-2014, 10:39 AM
Velocity Driven
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by drivestwin
Is it just me?
No, this makes two of us. The car in terms of performance will undoubtedly by phenomenal, but in term of aesthetics....wasn't overly impressed either. Maybe the color, possibly the presentation that didn't give it that energy. Something!! I can't put my finger on it, but definitely some lack luster there.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:41 AM
LuvnMyC7
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Beyond that, wider wheels. Much larger rear spoiler and front splitter with side fins at the front of the fender wells. I'm not sure about either. Will hold off on judgment to see if it grows on me. Also not sure about the larger air vent on the front fender behind the wheel. Add in the typical Z06 brake duct in front of the rear tire and there's really not much else to it. Oh, the hood has a larger air vent on it.

They say everything is bigger in Texas, well this is basically a "Texas" Corvette.
Oh, and I will say the grille is a 10,000 times improvement over the current grille!!!! I'll bet there will be A LOT of people buying that grille to put in their base and Z51 corvettes!!!
Old 01-13-2014, 10:41 AM
wkidvette
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

I like it!
Old 01-13-2014, 10:45 AM
pcguy2u
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 107 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
Guess you didn't listen to the narrative. It is about downforce that is engineered into the car Vs some aftermarket company with no engineering test capability designing something that looks good but doesn't do a thing from a functional standpoint. The car is about performance not waxing.

Bill
Most owners of the Z don't care about downforce - it's all about perception.

Just looks like an afterthought...

Get notified of new replies

To Ho hum......not really blown away by the Z06

Old 01-13-2014, 10:53 AM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by Racer
If you depend on a reveal to get excited about the Vette, you need a life. The Stingrays reveal was lambasted by people like you, it didn't stop it from becoming a Car of the Year, smashing performance boundaries, outselling competition etc etc etc. Oh but the reveal sucked.......
I guess all the other people complaning about it must be wrong to. We are saying teh reveal sucked ***. Which it did. keep reading this thread and all the other. Gotta take those blinders off man we are talking about the presentation.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-z...ntation-2.html
Old 01-13-2014, 11:04 AM
Kingspoke
Melting Slicks

Received 105 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by pcguy2u
Not fond of the makeshift/boxy looking splitter - what was the point. Hope they refine that before production.

Love the wide-body though...
I think the "shovel head" splitter with end caps is just a pkg. for the serious track guys. I certain they won't put that on the upcoming Z06 vert!

I love the grill! Much better than the Stingray grill imo!
Old 01-13-2014, 11:12 AM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 295 Likes on 161 Posts

You mean base corvette with Z51 option, what you saw today was a different model corvette

Quick Reply: Ho hum......not really blown away by the Z06