C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

For those who have preliminary orders!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 07:30 AM
fdxpilot
Safety Car

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

Finally saw my order on the Chevy tracking site. The Shark Grey looks like all the other posted pics, but this is the first time I've seen pics of the Black/Twilight Blue interior.

Old 09-10-2014, 10:00 AM
jklein7
Pro

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Very sharp!!! Is there a constraint on this interior?
Old 09-10-2014, 04:42 PM
Rob'sC5
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude's Donor '05

I'm ordering the SG 1LZ package. with the red interior. It only show the seats red. Do I have to order the 2 LZ to get the red door panels and brow
Old 09-10-2014, 05:16 PM
CaryBob
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 344 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by OH THREE Z
Does this mean that dealers should receive their first consensus this thursday for the sept 16th initial order allocation submission date?
The order process starts on Thursdays, 9/18 is the first one. Dealers find out how many (if any) they can oder in this cycle on Thursday morning and they have until Saturday night to submit the order.

GM decides which orders to accept on the following Monday. Then the next cycle starts on Thursday again. On some future Thursday your dealer will get a slot and submit your order. -- unless your order includes something constrained at low levels. The dealer probably would not submit your order in that case since he risks losing the allocation altogether.
Old 09-12-2014, 07:06 PM
BOBSZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 319 Likes on 205 Posts

Coupe or Convertible: COUPE

7-Manual or 8-Auto Trans.: 8 SPEED PADDLE SHIFT AUTO

Stage 1, 2 or Z07: STAGE 2 VISIBLE CARBON FIBER

Exterior Color: LAGUNA BLUE

Top Color: VISIBLE CARBON FIBER

Wheel Choice: SPECTRA GRAY

Caliper Color: BLACK

Interior Color: BLUE ZO6 SPECIFIC

1LZ, 2LZ, or 3LZ Trim: 3LZ

Seats: GT

Other Options: VISIBLE CARBON FIBER SPLITTERS; INSTRUMENT PANEL

Notes & "Maybe's": This is the Show Car Laguna Blue convertible with the Z06 Specific Blue interior (override) and Stage 2, BUT in the Coupe style.

Last edited by BOBSZ06; 09-11-2015 at 09:52 AM.
Old 09-12-2014, 07:11 PM
TripleBlack99
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by BOBSZ06
Coupe or Convertible: CONVERTIBLE

7-Manual or 8-Auto Trans.: 8 SPEED PADDLE SHIFT AUTO

Stage 1, 2 or Z07: STAGE 2 VISIBLE CARBON FIBER

Exterior Color: LAGUNA BLUE

Top Color: BLACK

Wheel Choice: SPECTRA GRAY

Caliper Color: BLACK

Interior Color: BLUE ZO6 SPECIFIC

1LZ, 2LZ, or 3LZ Trim: 3LZ

Seats: GT

Other Options: VISIBLE CARBON FIBER SPLITTERS; INSTRUMENT PANEL AND TONNEAU INSERTS

Notes & "Maybe's": This is the Show Car Laguna Blue convertible with the Z06 Specific Blue interior (override) and Stage 2.
You specify black calipers but I think you cant get those with the z06. So I went with gray instead..j6d I think.

UPDATE: my mistake, gray is exclusive to the z07 and can't get black for the z07.

Last edited by TripleBlack99; 09-12-2014 at 10:26 PM.
Old 09-12-2014, 07:26 PM
C7_Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob'sC5
I'm ordering the SG 1LZ package. with the red interior. It only show the seats red. Do I have to order the 2 LZ to get the red door panels and brow
Yup 2LZ or 3LZ for that.

I'm also leaning towards the 1LZ but according to the Z06 Order Guide, only black Competition seats/interior is possible if 1LZ trim. All other Comp seat colors require 2LZ or 3LZ.... and I'd like to get red again but Comp seats this time around. Oh well...
Attached Images  
Old 09-12-2014, 07:52 PM
BOBSZ06
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by TripleBlack99
You specify black calipers but I think you cant get those with the z06. So I went with gray instead..j6d I think.
Gray is only available with the Z07 option. Black however is available with the Z06.
There is a pricing list around from Conti that is incorrect in that regard.
Old 09-12-2014, 09:07 PM
CaryBob
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Notes & "Maybe's": This is the Show Car Laguna Blue convertible with the Z06 Specific Blue interior (override) and Stage 2.
Very nice. I'm ordering a duplicate of the Shark Gray coupe show car except I'm going with Spectra Gray wheels.

I was at a dealer today looking at all the colors in sunlight -- maybe 20-odd Stingrays altogether. Laguna Blue is a fascinating color that looks different from different angles, sometimes almost-neon, sometimes dark blue. I decided today on Shark Gray, which didn't look like much in the showroom but called to me out in the sun.
Old 09-12-2014, 10:14 PM
BOBSZ06
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by CaryBob
Very nice. I'm ordering a duplicate of the Shark Gray coupe show car except I'm going with Spectra Gray wheels.

I was at a dealer today looking at all the colors in sunlight -- maybe 20-odd Stingrays altogether. Laguna Blue is a fascinating color that looks different from different angles, sometimes almost-neon, sometimes dark blue. I decided today on Shark Gray, which didn't look like much in the showroom but called to me out in the sun.
I hear ya....there are some excellent photos on here at NCM of the Shark Gray car...really looks great. It was very high on my list. In the end decided on the "boy" blue laguna blue. The video of it being off loaded at the New York auot show was a big convincer....just gorgeous blue with that hint of purple. I have never had a vert so should be interesting. Very similar style to my C5 Z06.
Old 09-12-2014, 10:22 PM
TripleBlack99
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Gray is only available with the Z07 option. Black however is available with the Z06.
There is a pricing list around from Conti that is incorrect in that regard.
ah, thanks. such a weird restriction. i guess they are trying to make the z07 unique?
Old 09-13-2014, 01:19 AM
alandi
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Web site to check on ZO6 order status

Thank you to the person who put in the web link to check on your order status. I put in my Preliminary Order number and it appeared along with an almost-correct photo of my car (red/red but with dual black carbon flash racing stripes). The posted photo did not have the racing stripes.

My local dealer had an allocation of three ZO6 and mine was number 3. However, mine and one other are coupes and one is a convertible. According to GM the coupes will be built first and then the convertibles later so my coupe and the other coupe ordered will be delivered before the convertible.

My options were: 2LZ Package, BTV, C2Z, DTH, UTJ, WKQ, M5U, Q6U, BV4, CFZ..
Old 09-13-2014, 05:44 AM
CaryBob
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by alandi
Thank you to the person who put in the web link to check on your order status. I put in my Preliminary Order number and it appeared along with an almost-correct photo of my car (red/red but with dual black carbon flash racing stripes). The posted photo did not have the racing stripes.

My local dealer had an allocation of three ZO6 and mine was number 3. However, mine and one other are coupes and one is a convertible. According to GM the coupes will be built first and then the convertibles later so my coupe and the other coupe ordered will be delivered before the convertible.

My options were: 2LZ Package, BTV, C2Z, DTH, UTJ, WKQ, M5U, Q6U, BV4, CFZ..
If your dealer has three allocated that means he will get authorization to order a Z06 three times between now and May. The timing is unpredictable, but let's say he can order one in October, one around December and one later on. Chances are that by the time he gets his second order the convertible will be online. If you are number three on his list, your order may not be accepted by GM until early 2015. But I hope you'll get lucky and get yours sooner.
Old 09-13-2014, 10:09 AM
alandi
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Ordering the new ZO6

If your dealer has three allocated that means he will get authorization to order a Z06 three times between now and May. The timing is unpredictable, but let's say he can order one in October, one around December and one later on. Chances are that by the time he gets his second order the convertible will be online. If you are number three on his list, your order may not be accepted by GM until early 2015. But I hope you'll get lucky and get yours sooner.
My dealer put in all three orders in July-August this year and all orders appear in the GM order system. These cars are all "sold" which means that down payments have been made. When you look at the GM order entry system there is a place for the dealer to indicate that the car is sold and it treats "sold" cars different from "orders" in different ways, such as some options can not be entered on an "ordered" car but can be ordered if the car is "sold". I have spent over 2 hours at my Chevrolet dealer with the inventory manager looking at GM's order entry process on their computer to make sure my "sold" order was entered correctly with all of the correct options and received a printout with my order number and all of the options listed. I do hope that I receive the vehicle early in 2015.
Old 09-13-2014, 10:24 AM
BYBY4RE
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have ordered the SG but have not seen it in person so I am glad to hear it pops for you. Color choice for me is very close with the Laguna Blue nearly dead even. The NY show car is stunning! No dealers in town have a 2015 in SG on order to preview so I am hoping my carbon dash and visible carbon roof constraints delay production till I can see it. I may be the only one on here that is hoping their order is delayed.
Old 09-13-2014, 11:58 AM
CaryBob
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by alandi
My dealer put in all three orders in July-August this year and all orders appear in the GM order system. These cars are all "sold" which means that down payments have been made. When you look at the GM order entry system there is a place for the dealer to indicate that the car is sold and it treats "sold" cars different from "orders" in different ways, such as some options can not be entered on an "ordered" car but can be ordered if the car is "sold". I have spent over 2 hours at my Chevrolet dealer with the inventory manager looking at GM's order entry process on their computer to make sure my "sold" order was entered correctly with all of the correct options and received a printout with my order number and all of the options listed. I do hope that I receive the vehicle early in 2015.
Don't be misled by sales talk. There is a big difference between an order in the Workbench system (status 1100) and an order that has been accepted by GM (status 2000) and one that GM has actually decided to build (status 3000). Right now the deal is purely between you and the dealer. There is a separate process in which the dealer orders the car from GM.

Your dealer can put as many orders as he likes into the Workbench system, but they are meaningless to GM until the day comes when the dealer receives an authorization to actually order a car from GM. At that point he applies a specific Workbench order against his authorization to order and within a few days the status will change to 2000. As I said before, his three allocations will be released one at a time between now and some future time, perhaps as late as March or April. He may be authorized to enter the first order in October, the second in December and the third in February -- just as an example. That means the dealer might not, unless you're lucky, have approval to submit your third-in-line order for several months. In the meantime it sits "in-house" at status 1100. You can view it in the online tracking system but it may stay at status 1100 for quite some time.

Your dealer is understandably reluctant to tell you that you may have to wait an uncertain number of months before GM accepts your order and agrees to actually build the car. Right now, he doesn't know exactly when he will be allowed to order the cars from GM so he doesn't want to alarm you and possibly lose the business. I hope you get yours sooner rather than later, but you are always better off armed with good information. Thanks to the good folks on this forum there are very informative articles about exactly how the process works that your dealer isn't sharing with you.

Last edited by CaryBob; 09-13-2014 at 12:20 PM.
Old 09-13-2014, 12:08 PM
S.U. Vette
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

3lz z07
Attached Images      

Get notified of new replies

To For those who have preliminary orders!!

Old 09-13-2014, 12:30 PM
CaryBob
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by BYBY4RE
I have ordered the SG but have not seen it in person so I am glad to hear it pops for you. Color choice for me is very close with the Laguna Blue nearly dead even. The NY show car is stunning! No dealers in town have a 2015 in SG on order to preview so I am hoping my carbon dash and visible carbon roof constraints delay production till I can see it. I may be the only one on here that is hoping their order is delayed.
You and I probably had the same dilemma. I looked at every single photo and video of the Shark Gray show car and the color seemed different from one photo to the next. Seeing it in person, it was even better than the best of the photos.

One of the local dealers got two and put one inside and one outside, both with black wheels (which look pretty darned good). He nicely parked one between a silver and a black. I must have spent an hour walking around them and drooling over SG. I currently have a Blade Silver and the SG is "classier" and "meaner" at the same time. And more metallic than in the pics. SG also allows the Carbon Flash contrasting bits to stand out without being too in-your-face.
Old 09-13-2014, 12:30 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by S.U. Vette
3lz z07
Looks bad ***, great combo! Only wish that was the true color of the Red interior but it's not. GM still does not understand subtle.
Old 09-13-2014, 12:32 PM
proexpert
Melting Slicks

Received 384 Likes on 237 Posts

You guys are great, take good care of these cars so I can buy a used one in a couple of years.

Quick Reply: For those who have preliminary orders!!