C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Regarding GT buckets vs. Comp. buckets

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 06:33 PM
mfshea
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Regarding GT buckets vs. Comp. buckets

Just got back from Bob Stall Chevy San Diego with a friend from our Corvette Club, we were 9 and 10 on their list of 28 allocated Z06's. We placed our orders but I have a question about the seats. Each of us were not allowed (by GM computer) to order the seat option we wanted. He wanted basic black completion AE4 in his 2lz, it only allowed back with suede inserts and then forced him to get the suede steering wheel. On my 3LZ order I wanted comp seats in Adrenaline Red, but it only allowed red in GT bucket. I don't understand this and the salesperson did not have a logical answer. Can anyone give me a logical answer why this is not doable.
Old 09-12-2014, 07:15 PM
CaryBob
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 344 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by mfshea
Just got back from Bob Stall Chevy San Diego with a friend from our Corvette Club, we were 9 and 10 on their list of 28 allocated Z06's. We placed our orders but I have a question about the seats. Each of us were not allowed (by GM computer) to order the seat option we wanted. He wanted basic black completion AE4 in his 2lz, it only allowed back with suede inserts and then forced him to get the suede steering wheel. On my 3LZ order I wanted comp seats in Adrenaline Red, but it only allowed red in GT bucket. I don't understand this and the salesperson did not have a logical answer. Can anyone give me a logical answer why this is not doable.
It has obviously been done, see the show car with the 3LZ red seats. what he told you does not match the published order guide. I would go back to the dealer armed with page 87 of the order guide, which is currently the September 4 version which is available for download by clicking on the link in the sticky thread in the Stingray forum.

Regarding your friend with 2LZ: He can choose either 193 to get black AE4 competition seats with Mulan leather seating surfaces or 194 to get black AE4 competition seats with microfiber seating surfaces (and steering wheel). Refer your dealer to page 87 of the Order Guide. Must be a glitch either in the dealer's head or in Workbench.

Regarding your 3LZ: Is it possible that you wanted red seats with microfiber inserts? There is no microfiber available for red, therefore no microfiber sueded seating surfaces and no sueded steering wheel. The only choice with AE4 competition seats is 705 red Mulan seating surfaces.
Old 09-12-2014, 08:42 PM
mfshea
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CaryBob
It has obviously been done, see the show car with the 3LZ red seats. what he told you does not match the published order guide. I would go back to the dealer armed with page 87 of the order guide, which is currently the September 4 version which is available for download by clicking on the link in the sticky thread in the Stingray forum.

Regarding your friend with 2LZ: He can choose either 193 to get black AE4 competition seats with Mulan leather seating surfaces or 194 to get black AE4 competition seats with microfiber seating surfaces (and steering wheel). Refer your dealer to page 87 of the Order Guide. Must be a glitch either in the dealer's head or in Workbench.

Regarding your 3LZ: Is it possible that you wanted red seats with microfiber inserts? There is no microfiber available for red, therefore no microfiber sueded seating surfaces and no sueded steering wheel. The only choice with AE4 competition seats is 705 red Mulan seating surfaces.
Thanks for the information I will download the most recent order guide and hopefully get to the bottom of this, no I did not want sueded inserts on the red seat just comp. seats. Sometimes I don't think the left hand knows what the right hand is doing. Thanks again.
Old 09-12-2014, 11:26 PM
S.U. Vette
Pro

Tell them to do it as a quick order. Select "color override" option as the first thing selected. I had the same problems with a couple options on mine while we were trying to build mine. It wouldnt let us select the exterior color I wanted with the seats/color I wanted inside.
Old 09-13-2014, 04:43 AM
sushisean
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mfshea
I had the exact same issue at my dealer. Not sure why...

Get notified of new replies

To Regarding GT buckets vs. Comp. buckets

Quick Reply: Regarding GT buckets vs. Comp. buckets