C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Courtesy delivery for my Z06

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 01:07 PM
dcher
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 110 Posts
Default Courtesy delivery for my Z06

I am buying my car from Kerbeck but live in San Diego. Any suggestions for good southern Cal dealers for courtesy delivery. Any general suggestions about the process would be welcome
Old 09-14-2014, 02:08 PM
l888apex
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I would like to know as well about the process.
Old 09-14-2014, 02:37 PM
harley2
Melting Slicks

Received 1,339 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by dcher
I am buying my car from Kerbeck but live in San Diego. Any suggestions for good southern Cal dealers for courtesy delivery. Any general suggestions about the process would be welcome
Find couple dealers close by to you!
Find out how much they want to do it!

think it's around 300-500.
Old 09-14-2014, 02:43 PM
Monts
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Things may have changed but as I remember, purchasing a out-of-state car and bringing it into California can be difficult. If Kerbeck can order the car with the California emissions sticker you are probably okay.

I'm sure others can chime in here on this one but if the car does not have the CA emissions "sticker" from the factory, you cannot pay this California "tax" after the car leaves the factory and register it in the state.
Old 09-14-2014, 03:03 PM
dwward
Jukebox Graduate
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is a link from GMFleet.com that downloads an XLS spreadsheet of all courtesy enrolled dealers. Download XLS Spreadsheet

Look-up your nearest dealers and call them to see if they will handle the delivery for you and how much they will charge and what they will do as a part of the delivery.

Be warned that some dealers do a better job at this than others. Some charge you and basically do nothing to ready the car or explain it to you, including filling the gas tank. Others treat you like you bought the car from them.

Good luck!
Old 09-14-2014, 05:44 PM
dcher
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dwward
Here is a link from GMFleet.com that downloads an XLS spreadsheet of all courtesy enrolled dealers. Download XLS Spreadsheet

Look-up your nearest dealers and call them to see if they will handle the delivery for you and how much they will charge and what they will do as a part of the delivery.

Be warned that some dealers do a better job at this than others. Some charge you and basically do nothing to ready the car or explain it to you, including filling the gas tank. Others treat you like you bought the car from them.

Good luck!
Thanks this was extremely helpful
Old 09-15-2014, 06:46 AM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

The receiving dealer doing a courtesy delivery gets paid to do the PDI by GM(in addition to the courtesy delivery charge you pay directly to the receiving dealer).

The car should be delivered to you in the same immaculate condition as if you were buying the car from your local dealer down the street.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:21 AM
68RPOL71
Pro

Received 100 Likes on 31 Posts

I'm in San Diego and have used Bob Stahl Chevrolet for courtesy delivery in the past. Let us know who you wind up using as I'm on a list for a Convertible Z06 (haven't been able to place an order yet). So will likely be using Bob Stahl again.

Steve
Old 09-15-2014, 11:48 AM
DSOMonster
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

I am probably going to get "ripped" for this, but this is what I'm doing.

I have a 2015 ZO6 coupe on order from Kerbeck in NJ. I live in SoCal and was looking in to Courtesy Delivery. After much thought and research, I am going the Auto Transport route. It will cost me between $800-$1300 MORE to have it delivered to me directly versus Courtesy Delivery, but listen to my rationale. I will bullet point my reasons for easier reading:

1. Eliminate the # of stops and handling of the car. From my research, the car will go from Bowling Green to Kerbeck, to the rail station, to another rail station in Colorado, to another rail station in CA, to a truck, to a holding location, to another truck, then final destination. Using an Auto Transport service will eliminate 5 of the middle stops. Bowling Green to Kerbeck cannot be eliminated and of course final destination. The ZO6 will be covered the entire trip from Kerbeck to it's final destination and will not be removed from the trailer. IMHO, worth the extra $$$.

2. Real Time Tracking

3. Kerbeck will fully inspect the ZO6 before, during and after loading.

4. Kerbeck will fully inspect the trailer and truck transporting the ZO6. Kerbeck has been known to stop a delivery due to inadequate tools to deliver cars.

5. Kerbeck will take as many pics and vids as I want of the loading of my ZO6.

6. Did I mention COVERED TRANSPORT!!!

7. Delivery time. Much faster than the rail system.

8. Not sold 100%, the receiving dealership will care for the ZO6 as if I bought it from them. I've already told my local dealership, whom I've had a good business relationship unit now, to "Kick Rocks" for not keeping their end of our verbal agreement of MSRP on a ZO6. Who knows how that dealership, as well as any other dealership, will feel receiving my ZO6 knowing another dealership got the sale. Or I could be PARANOID!

9. COOL factor. You know how cool I would be to all the neighborhood kids when the truck pulls up and out comes a ZO6! Some of my neighbors will slap their foreheads again knowing the exhaust note will wake them up at 5am every morning. They have been spared that pain for 6 months since I sold the C6 with LT's and Borla Stingers. There goes the neighborhood!

I think that is it for now!

Last edited by DSOMonster; 09-15-2014 at 11:50 AM.
Old 09-15-2014, 11:56 AM
dcher
Burning Brakes

Thanks for your feedback. I thought that GM shipped the car directly to the courtesy dealer as though the sale had gone through the courtesy dealer. I did not think it has to ship to Kerbeck first. Also, I assumed that the courtesy dealer prepared the car not Kerbeck. However, I really like the idea of have a truck pull up in my driveway with a beautiful new Z06. What a day that would be.
Old 09-15-2014, 12:30 PM
dwward
Jukebox Graduate
Support Corvetteforum!

I'm pretty sure GM does ship directly to the courtesy dealer. Others will let us know.

I too am buying from Kerbeck and have chosen to not use a courtesy delivery. If my car arrives at Kerbeck this spring I will fly out and road trip home. A May delivery would be ideal.

If my car arrives in the dead of winter I will use auto transport for all the reasons stated above. When you deduct the cost of a courtesy delivery, covered auto transport is not terribly expensive and you have the piece of mind of knowing that Kerbeck prepared your car for delivery before transport.

Folks on this forum have had very different experiences with courtesy delivery. Some very positive, some not.

An argument for courtesy delivery is that it begins a relationship with the dealer who will service your new car.

It's worth pricing the transport option.
Old 09-15-2014, 12:35 PM
dcher
Burning Brakes

I'm pretty sure GM does ship directly to the courtesy dealer. Others will let us know.

I too am buying from Kerbeck and have chosen to not use a courtesy delivery. If my car arrives at Kerbeck this spring I will fly out and road trip home. A May delivery would be ideal.

If my car arrives in the dead of winter I will use auto transport for all the reasons stated above. When you deduct the cost of a courtesy delivery, covered auto transport is not terribly expensive and you have the piece of mind of knowing that Kerbeck prepared your car for delivery before transport.

Folks on this forum have had very different experiences with courtesy delivery. Some very positive, some not.

An argument for courtesy delivery is that it begins a relationship with the dealer who will service your new car.

All good suggestions and points to consider. Can you or anyone provide some contacts/prices for covered shipping. I have heard pricing anywhere between $1,500-2,500. I really like the option of shipping the car but if a courtesy delivery is as simple as some suggest then I see the benefits of that as well.
Old 09-15-2014, 12:44 PM
C5ontrack
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default shipping Z06

I agree with you on self shipping to SD. I'm also buying TSG Z06 from Kerbeck but, doing Museum delivery and driving to SD 2000 miles!! I did factory delivery of a BMW 850 back in the day and the experience was awesome.
Old 09-15-2014, 01:02 PM
dcher
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by C5ontrack
I agree with you on self shipping to SD. I'm also buying TSG Z06 from Kerbeck but, doing Museum delivery and driving to SD 2000 miles!! I did factory delivery of a BMW 850 back in the day and the experience was awesome.
If you are getting your car in the winter/early spring you are a brave soul. 2000 miles could be a long trip that time of year. I would worry about salt, or sand on the road during snowstorms. Things in San Diego that we do not have to deal with.
Old 09-15-2014, 01:13 PM
dcher
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 68RPOL71
I'm in San Diego and have used Bob Stahl Chevrolet for courtesy delivery in the past. Let us know who you wind up using as I'm on a list for a Convertible Z06 (haven't been able to place an order yet). So will likely be using Bob Stahl again.

Steve
When you ordered your car from out of state what did you do about CA emissions? I assume that the car can be ordered through Kerbeck with CA emissions approval for courtesy delivery to San Diego.
Old 09-15-2014, 01:21 PM
dwward
Jukebox Graduate
Support Corvetteforum!

When you ordered your car from out of state what did you do about CA emissions? I assume that the car can be ordered through Kerbeck with CA emissions approval for courtesy delivery to San Diego.
This is a conversation you should be having with Kerbeck. I'm confident they will be able to order Cali emissions, but this should be in your contract with them.

If you are getting your car in the winter/early spring you are a brave soul. 2000 miles could be a long trip that time of year. I would worry about salt, or sand on the road during snowstorms. Things in San Diego that we do not have to deal with.
I would imagine Kerbeck can suggest a company. It costs much less if you are flexible and willing to wait a week or two for them to have a truck coming your way with other cars.

My fear on a winter road trip out of Atlantic City was being stranded at a roadside motor inn in East Jesus OH for 5 or 6 days waiting for a blizzard to clear. Out of BG at least, you can make a bee-line south on I 65 to pick-up I 10 and hopefully be safe from snow and ice the remainder of the trip.

Last edited by dwward; 09-15-2014 at 01:30 PM.
Old 09-15-2014, 01:21 PM
BOBSZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 319 Likes on 205 Posts

I am getting a courtesy delivery to N. CA from Kerbeck. Yes, the emissions will be CA so do not worry about that as long as you provide the Dealers Name, Contract, Phone, and BAC for the dealer (get from dealer).

Get notified of new replies

To Courtesy delivery for my Z06

Old 09-15-2014, 03:05 PM
DSOMonster
Burning Brakes

Thanks for your feedback. I thought that GM shipped the car directly to the courtesy dealer as though the sale had gone through the courtesy dealer. I did not think it has to ship to Kerbeck first. Also, I assumed that the courtesy dealer prepared the car not Kerbeck. However, I really like the idea of have a truck pull up in my driveway with a beautiful new Z06. What a day that would be.
That is what I thought also. I was "schooled" and, according to my source, that is how it works. The end dealer will still perform final PDI; I guess that is what you pay for. I've heard some pretty scary stories regarding Courtesy Deliveries. PM me and I will give you my source and some of the stories he relayed to me. My source is a dealer who is a member here. I don't want to step on any toes, thus the whole PM thing. That being said, I went with my gut to have it delivered direct to me.

-Ron
Old 09-15-2014, 03:08 PM
DSOMonster
Burning Brakes

I wish I had the time to road trip my ZO6 back to SoCal, but that is not an option. I, too, thought Courtesy was shipped directly to the end dealership???
Thanks for the insight. I feel really good about my decision. I could've used the extra "coin" on other stuff, but for a 6 figure car, it was a small price to pay!
Old 09-15-2014, 03:11 PM
l888apex
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Are contracts signed at the Courtesy Delivery center at the time of pickup? Or ahead of time with Original dealer?

Quick Reply: Courtesy delivery for my Z06