C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Official Z06 picture thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2014, 02:44 AM
Crossofiron
Drifting

Received 150 Likes on 50 Posts

Default Wow strong opinion

Originally Posted by ANTIVNOM
Black wheels RUIN a car.
You may see that some folks will disagree with that strong opinion but then again, you may be a waxer,,,,,,
Old 12-06-2014, 08:39 AM
skank
Melting Slicks

Received 1,152 Likes on 514 Posts

Originally Posted by Bodieism
^ Exactly. I don't really care for black wheels either, but you won't find me starting threads on the subject or mindlessly posting melodramatic narratives in other threads about GM trying to educate the masses on the importance of not going chrome
While I respect the fact that people should be able to order what they want, there are some that will order cars in a way that will visually cheapen the Corvette marque. The cold hard fact that Chevrolet is charging $2000.00 over the standard Silver wheel should tell you something about the Corvette designers intent in what they are trying to promote. Both silver and chrome will brighten the wheel well space. Silver does it in a more subdued tasteful way, where chrome does it with a shiny(look at ME)bling. The mere fact that Ferrari, Lamborghini, Aston Martin, Porsche, and other high end Premier manufacturers do not have a chrome option is very telling. There have been numerous threads on this forum about the ZO6 being overweight. Yet there will be people that will order the heaviest of all optional wheels which is chrome. Reciprocating mass of the Tire/wheel combo is very important to performance which the ZO6 is trying to extol. Therefore you will never see a chrome wheel on any of the LeMans C7R Corvette race cars that Chevrolet promotes as being co-developed together. Chrome has always been the "go to option" for people that want to show off and be seen. I know where the true sports car purists will end up in this debate and it won't be with the "look at me crowd".

Last edited by skank; 12-06-2014 at 09:09 AM.
Old 12-06-2014, 08:54 AM
Bmbarney
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by skank
While I respect the fact that people should be able to order what they want, there are some that will order cars in a way that will visually cheapen the Corvette marque. The cold hard fact that Chevrolet is charging $2000.00 over the standard Silver wheel should tell you something about the Corvette designers intent in what they are trying to promote. Both silver and chrome will brighten the wheel well space. Silver does it in a more subdued tasteful way, where chrome does it with a shiny(look at ME)bling. The mere fact that Ferrari, Lamborghini, Aston Martin, Porsche, and other high end Premier manufacturers do not have a chrome option is very telling. There have been numerous threads on this forum about the ZO6 being overweight. Yet there will be people that will order the heaviest of all optional wheels which is chrome. Reciprocating mass of the Tire/wheel combo is very important to performance which the ZO6 is trying to extol. Yet you will never see a chrome wheel on any of the LeMans ZO7R Corvette race cars that Chevrolet promotes as being developed together. Chrome has always been the "go to option" for people that want to show off and be seen. I know where the true sports car purists will end up in this debate and it won't be with the "look at me crowd".
Wow - I guess its your way or no way in your mind! Im happy there are people like you so that I can have the car that would be different than you.

Chevy is not increasing the cost for chrome wheels or black wheels because they dont want you to buy them.

All colors and all wheels look great - I love seeing them all.

My C7 had silver wheels, my ZO6 has chrome and my next one may have black. They all look great and thank you for having a choice thats not yours.
The following 2 users liked this post by Bmbarney:
C6Peace (02-05-2018), New driver (09-03-2019)
Old 12-06-2014, 09:02 AM
NineBall
Safety Car

Received 107 Likes on 58 Posts

You guys arguing over wheel finishes are totally RUINING this photo thread. People like what they like, get over it.

More photos please. And you guys quoting photos.....ughh noobs.
The following users liked this post:
New driver (09-03-2019)
Old 12-06-2014, 09:09 AM
Bmbarney
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by NineBall
You guys arguing over wheel finishes are totally RUINING this photo thread. People like what they like, get over it.

More photos please. And you guys quoting photos.....ughh noobs.

Was there ever an answer if the C7 mudflaps we are using on the Stingray fit the ZO6 and would tthey look ok? Highly concerned about the front tire sticking out and picking up rocks and hitting the ground effects. On my way home the other day ... with some sand/rocks on the road from the last snow storm I could hear the rocks hitting and I cringed ...

Last edited by Bmbarney; 12-06-2014 at 09:12 AM.
dagartdan (04-06-2021)
Old 12-06-2014, 09:19 AM
OH THREE Z
Melting Slicks

Received 476 Likes on 278 Posts
2018 C4 of Year Finalist

Name:  20141205_165406_zpsrha3ulow.jpg
Views: 7238
Size:  57.4 KB

Fresh off of the delivery truck. Unfortunately my camera created the brown hue. Very Grey in person and very bad ***
The following 3 users liked this post by OH THREE Z:
RHP (04-09-2021), salemusa (09-09-2020), Scarlett-73 (01-18-2021)
Old 12-06-2014, 09:26 AM
OH THREE Z
Melting Slicks

Received 476 Likes on 278 Posts
2018 C4 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Bmbarney

Was there ever an answer if the C7 mudflaps we are using on the Stingray fit the ZO6 and would tthey look ok? Highly concerned about the front tire sticking out and picking up rocks and hitting the ground effects. On my way home the other day ... with some sand/rocks on the road from the last snow storm I could hear the rocks hitting and I cringed ...
Not sure about the flaps, but I am going to have the sides and flared area protected with a film.

Pay no mind to the haters on this thread. Frigging ridiculous when people feel the need to blast on someone's choices and tastes. If someone asks for an opinion then bring it, if not and you don't care for someone else's tastes, then move along.

Mods, please delete the BS and keep this as a thread dedicated to pics
C6Peace (02-05-2018)
Old 12-06-2014, 09:33 AM
skank
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Bmbarney
Wow - I guess its your way or no way in your mind! Im happy there are people like you so that I can have the car that would be different than you.

Chevy is not increasing the cost for chrome wheels or black wheels because they dont want you to buy them.

All colors and all wheels look great - I love seeing them all.

My C7 had silver wheels, my ZO6 has chrome and my next one may have black. They all look great and thank you for having a choice thats not yours.
I've never said you couldn't order what you want. I've only explained the reality of the chrome option. I believe speed line makes the wheel for the ZO6. Do you actually think that it costs $2,000.00 more to chrome that wheel vs paint it. NOT !!! I've always promoted Corvettes to my friends with exotic cars. I've owned Corvettes and Ferrari's myself. You sir still have a great looking car chrome or not chrome. The only problem I've had with all this debate is the fact that some Corvette guys do horrific things to their cars (chrome mud flaps and such) Enjoy your car as you should !!!!
Old 12-06-2014, 09:36 AM
Cindysu7
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So fast is sparkles

Delivered 12.5.14 Nashville, TN
salemusa (09-09-2020)
Old 12-06-2014, 09:47 AM
Cindysu7
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

salemusa (09-09-2020)
Old 12-06-2014, 10:29 AM
Steelvette
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Im old school but may have mine custom finished (Black Chrome) to match what I have on Megatron. I wanted to match up my Z-Vert with the wifes 5.0 look !! lovin all the pic's guys

Old 12-06-2014, 10:37 AM
Hemi Dave
Melting Slicks

Received 459 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by Snorman
Holy crap that thing looks evil in all black.
S.
I agree.....It looks F'in sick..........
Old 12-06-2014, 10:43 AM
DRM87
Pro

Received 450 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by OH THREE Z

Fresh off of the delivery truck. Unfortunately my camera created the brown hue. Very Grey in person and very bad ***
How come that stage one spoiler doesn't have the little winglets on this one?

And honestly, I think stage one looks the best. Its the cleanest. I would even consider not using the front splitter.
Old 12-06-2014, 11:13 AM
Bodieism
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by skank
While I respect the fact that people should be able to order what they want, there are some that will order cars in a way that will visually cheapen the Corvette marque. The cold hard fact that Chevrolet is charging $2000.00 over the standard Silver wheel should tell you something about the Corvette designers intent in what they are trying to promote. Both silver and chrome will brighten the wheel well space. Silver does it in a more subdued tasteful way, where chrome does it with a shiny(look at ME)bling. The mere fact that Ferrari, Lamborghini, Aston Martin, Porsche, and other high end Premier manufacturers do not have a chrome option is very telling. There have been numerous threads on this forum about the ZO6 being overweight. Yet there will be people that will order the heaviest of all optional wheels which is chrome. Reciprocating mass of the Tire/wheel combo is very important to performance which the ZO6 is trying to extol. Therefore you will never see a chrome wheel on any of the LeMans C7R Corvette race cars that Chevrolet promotes as being co-developed together. Chrome has always been the "go to option" for people that want to show off and be seen. I know where the true sports car purists will end up in this debate and it won't be with the "look at me crowd".
While I respect the fact that some people will have silly opinions, there are those that will cause a mental disturbance in the Farce. Their mindless melodramatic narratives serve as an excellent source of comic relief to the “non-sillies”.

Seriously though, thanks for proving my point with your response. I honestly thought the only reason you spouted off that drivel the first time around was just to add extra emphasis to the fact that you didn’t like chrome wheels…. Not that you actually believed it. GM charges more for chrome because people are willing to pay more for chrome. It's that simple. Think economics. Not conspiracy theories.

If you would still like to convince me of your silly opinions, feel free to quote this post or respond to it in any way you see fit.

However, I’ve had my fill of silly for the year…

Back on topic:

Name:  20141206_003625_zpsd5d35b5c.jpg
Views: 6817
Size:  62.9 KB
salemusa (09-09-2020)
Old 12-06-2014, 11:31 AM
Basil2000
Drifting

Received 958 Likes on 497 Posts

I said I would never buy a black car but this car with red interior. Wow, I can't stop looking.
Old 12-06-2014, 11:36 AM
Bodieism
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Basil2000
I said I would never buy a black car but this car with red interior. Wow, I can't stop looking.
Haha, I said I would never buy a black car again. Look how long that lasted. I didn't realize that the stitching would come in red as well. That was a very pleasant surprise. I need to go take some pictures of it.
Old 12-06-2014, 12:07 PM
skank
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Bodieism
While I respect the fact that some people will have silly opinions, there are those that will cause a mental disturbance in the Farce. Their mindless melodramatic narratives serve as an excellent source of comic relief to the “non-sillies”.

Seriously though, thanks for proving my point with your response. I honestly thought the only reason you spouted off that drivel the first time around was just to add extra emphasis to the fact that you didn’t like chrome wheels…. Not that you actually believed it. GM charges more for chrome because people are willing to pay more for chrome. It's that simple. Think economics. Not conspiracy theories.

If you would still like to convince me of your silly opinions, feel free to quote this post or respond to it in any way you see fit.

However, I’ve had my fill of silly for the year…

Back on topic:

No silly conspiracy theories here, only observation of marketing. You'll figure it out some day. Good luck !!! And be careful of the rake next to your ZO6. Clutter and piles of junk around your car can create accidents.

Get notified of new replies

To Official Z06 picture thread

Old 12-06-2014, 12:26 PM
Corvette_Outlaw
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DRM87
How come that stage one spoiler doesn't have the little winglets on this one?

And honestly, I think stage one looks the best. Its the cleanest. I would even consider not using the front splitter.
He stated that it was fresh of the truck.....they have not prepped the car yet, you can see the parts inside the car.

Old 12-06-2014, 12:26 PM
C7_Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 45 Posts

Question was asked a few posts above in #65/67... so yes, the Stingray's optional accessory GM Splash Guards will fit/work on the Z06.

I think even with the Stage-2/3 rockers they will be okay since the 7mm screws mount the same location as on the Stingray's... here it is on the Stage-1, no issues.

F:

R:

Last edited by C7_Z06; 12-06-2014 at 12:30 PM.
Old 12-06-2014, 12:41 PM
JackTripper
Turn 12!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 498 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by ANTIVNOM
Black wheels RUIN a car.

Quick Reply: Official Z06 picture thread