C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Dear GM/Chevrolet,

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 09:33 AM
hyteck9
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Dear GM/Chevrolet,

Dear GM/Chevrolet,

I am a long time corvette fan and owner. I went to check out your newest flagship, the Z06, at a dealership last night. I was able and prepared to make the purchase if impressed enough. I came home empty handed, disappointed, maybe even a little insulted. In my opinion you are giving the corvette a bad name by releasing these vehicles in the condition they are in and expecting people to not notice. I'm no trust fund baby, I work hard for my money and $100,000 is an awful lot of it representing years of demonstrated pride in what I do. There is no way I am spending $100k on a car that has orange peel so bad, it looks like the acne covered face of a teenager addicted to pizza.

There is no way I am spending $100k on a car that has a rear bumper so misaligned, it protrudes out the side worse than Steve Buscemi's teeth. ( I could easily set a #2 pencil on that ledge.)

There is no way I am spending $100k on a car that has seats so poorly assembled that the leather sags on the frame worse than Rosanne Barr's arm flap.

Nope. I'm not going to do it. I am withholding my money until you take AT LEAST as much pride in your work as I take in mine that earned me that $100k.

I'm ashamed and a little insulted to be a corvette lover right now... I will not support you. Not when my $20k Mazda econo-box has better fit and finish. You want $100k! You're drunk GM, go home. Go home and do it right, so that I can feel good about writing that check and wearing those flags on my jacket and hat. Stop shipping out this garbage and asking YOUR BIGGEST FANS to stand behind it.

I won't do it, and neither should anyone else who loves the corvette.

Last edited by hyteck9; 12-17-2014 at 09:36 AM.
Old 12-17-2014, 09:43 AM
Pro

Received 50 Likes on 13 Posts

Open the flood gates...

I don't understand the seat cover issue. My C7 has perfect seats as did any I have seen. Paint, yes there are issues. Read up on the new composites to understand why.

Have at it boys!
Old 12-17-2014, 09:47 AM
ls2kev
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dear hyteck9,

Write your letter to GM, not CorvetteForum.

Sincerely,

Me
Old 12-17-2014, 09:49 AM
DerStig
Pro

Bravo, I completely agree!
Old 12-17-2014, 09:50 AM
hyteck9
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ls2kev
Dear hyteck9,

Sincerely,

Me
Oh I am.
Throw stones, tar and feather me, draw and quarter me... I don't care.
I'm sick of this cr@p.
I want to be PROUD of what I drive, and this doesn't qualify.
They will never fix it if everyone keeps buying it. its NOT OK people.
Old 12-17-2014, 09:51 AM
harley2
Melting Slicks

Received 1,339 Likes on 590 Posts

Sounds like you want a good buy.

Go buy 5 Mazda's with your 100K.

Here it is: Good bye!
Old 12-17-2014, 09:54 AM
vettesome
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a z07 vert on order but I am starting to get nervous. I looked at one on the floor of a dealership in Hartford Ct yesterday and it had some serious panel alignment issues. Door gaps did not match on driver and passenger side, front bumper space did not match and hood was out of line. I will say that the paint looked fine to me. I am not canceling my order but I am concerned.
Old 12-17-2014, 09:55 AM
FiremanC7
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

I understand your frustration, but my experience has been completely different than tours. My seats don't sag and my paint has very little orange peel.

I agree that the example you featured in your post should not have passed quality control.

I don't believe that this is a systemic problem, but a local one. The Bowling Green Plant Manager should handle this personally.

BobD
Old 12-17-2014, 09:55 AM
DerStig
Pro

Dear hyteck9,

Sincerely,

Me
No, he should write it here so that potential prospective customers also see what's going on. This is the year 2014. We are living in the age of information sharing. Why do you guys want to censor people so much for showing the faults of the car?
Old 12-17-2014, 09:56 AM
ls2kev
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by hyteck9
Oh I am.
Throw stones, tar and feather me, draw and quarter me... I don't care.
I'm sick of this cr@p.
I want to be PROUD of what I drive, and this doesn't qualify.
They will never fix it if everyone keeps buying it. its NOT OK people.
Well, I haven't had the pleasure of seeing the new Z06 in person. So I can't speak for or against the car. Just want to make sure you're not going to throw a hissy fit without actually contacting the company itself, (that'd be as useless as not exercising your right to vote and complaining about how the big wigs are running things).

If others feel the same way, definitely rally them to your cause.
Old 12-17-2014, 09:56 AM
DerStig
Pro

Originally Posted by FiremanC7
I understand your frustration, but my experience has been completely different than tours. My seats don't sag and my paint has very little orange peel.

I agree that the example you featured in your post should not have passed quality control.

I don't believe that this is a systemic problem, but a local one. The Bowling Green Plant Manager should handle this personally.

BobD
This is not the first time someone posted pictures of seats and panels like that. I know first hand 3 different threads at 3 different times. That's a lot considering this forum has only a handful of people who has seen these cars in real life.
Old 12-17-2014, 09:58 AM
ls2kev
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DerStig
This is the year 2014.

OMFG WHAT?! Marty!!! The DeLorean worked!!!!
Old 12-17-2014, 09:59 AM
darth g-f
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

The misaligned body panel, bad paint and average interior is the price to pay to drive a 78k$ 650hp car with a five year warranty.

Why people always quote the loaded 100k$ price? I guess it is to make a point.

A 991TTS with 560hp and perfect paint is 180k$.
Old 12-17-2014, 10:00 AM
H2LS3
Pro

Nice job cherry picking a seat pic from a yellow car. That pic has been on here before. I don't have any of these issues with mine and am very happy with my car. If you don't like it don't buy it, someone else will.
Old 12-17-2014, 10:00 AM
docf
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Plain Baloney!

Dear hyteck9,

Sincerely,

Me
Old 12-17-2014, 10:01 AM
vettesome
Advanced

Originally Posted by darth g-f
The misaligned body panel, bad paint and average interior is the price to pay to drive a 78k$ 650hp car with a five year warranty.

Why people always quote the loaded 100k$ price? I guess it is to make a point.

A 991TTS with 560hp and perfect paint is 180k$.
My order options out to almost 105k, what should I call it?
Old 12-17-2014, 10:02 AM
bladex10
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

Those seats look like they have seat covers from walmart on them. Terrible.

Seems like these cars are hit and miss in terms of quality. For $100k, I'd expect alittle better quality considering youre now dipping into a whole new league of top notch cars.

Get notified of new replies

To Dear GM/Chevrolet,

Old 12-17-2014, 10:04 AM
Jimmyz28
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

OP, have at it my man!! Kudos to you for stepping up and saying something ON THE FORUM. These asshats that think you're bitching must live in a frggin' delusional bubble not wanting to hear/know about such experiences. Nicely done and thank you!
Old 12-17-2014, 10:05 AM
REAL427
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Does anyone else find it odd that the pic of the seats IS NOT FROM THE SAME VEHICLE (it is VY - look at the sill in the bottom / right corner).

Granted, it IS an issue on THAT car - but trying to make it seem as though it was all on the SAME car is fraudulent.

Sadly, although you make some good points, your fraud makes you appear to be nothing more than a troll.

My $.02

BTW - My car is just about PERFECT (Blade Silver)
Old 12-17-2014, 10:07 AM
docf
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Nuances

Originally Posted by vettesome
I have a z07 vert on order but I am starting to get nervous. I looked at one on the floor of a dealership in Hartford Ct yesterday and it had some serious panel alignment issues. Door gaps did not match on driver and passenger side, front bumper space did not match and hood was out of line. I will say that the paint looked fine to me. I am not canceling my order but I am concerned.
When it comes in accept it only after it passes your quality test. Also if something comes up that doesn't work that called a warranty. Let's not feed the beast on this forum! If the guy who started this post has 100k to spend and has a GM issue buy something else as not interested in your issues.

Quick Reply: Dear GM/Chevrolet,