C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

2015 Z06 vs 2015 Nissan GTR (both stock)

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 05:28 PM
starchedup
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Kracka
There is no Nurburgring Edition, an owner from Texas put that sticker on his since he apparently plans to take his car there next year.
Oh.. That would be LMR in Houston. That's cheesy.
Old 12-20-2014, 05:31 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by starchedup
Oh.. That would be LMR in Houston. That's cheesy.
I was going to point out something cheesy about your ride but that's pretty good lol 454
Old 12-20-2014, 05:33 PM
starchedup
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by thegame
I was going to point out something cheesy about your ride but that's pretty good lol 454
Haha. But what did you think was initially cheesy about my Z before you saw the 454?
Old 12-20-2014, 05:35 PM
zhopper05
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 99 Likes on 74 Posts
2015 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by AirBusPilot
I'm starting to miss my c6 Z06. It was an animal.
I still miss mine - it was a real unbeatable beast, perfectly modified at 630 HP.
Old 12-20-2014, 05:38 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by starchedup
Haha. But what did you think was initially cheesy about my Z before you saw the 454?
Nothing, I was trying to find something. Physically it looks exactly how I would make it lol
Old 12-20-2014, 05:40 PM
starchedup
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by zhopper05
I still miss mine - it was a real unbeatable beast, perfectly modified at 630 HP.
Wait... Your signature says... "2015 Z06/Z07-R Nurburgring Edition (VIN 600096)". That suggest that it's not just LMR that is representing their C7Z as a Nurburgring Edition. So what gives? Did Chevy make a Nurburgring Edition Z or not cause that's the 2nd time I've seen that posted?
Old 12-20-2014, 05:41 PM
starchedup
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by thegame
Nothing, I was trying to find something. Physically it looks exactly how I would make it lol
Thanks bro
Old 12-20-2014, 05:49 PM
johnglenntwo
Le Mans Master

Received 164 Likes on 148 Posts
Default The Ring, Please!

Z07 and TA ASAP!

Old 12-20-2014, 09:46 PM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Received 13,150 Likes on 5,984 Posts

What's the point of having 650 horse if it only lasts for a few runs? These cars are going to be pigs at summer HPDEs. As others have said, the C5Z and C6Zs really ran hard for their power because of the light weight and aero. Those videos brought back good memories! Go Chevy GO!

The "Nurburgring" Edition is a cheesy sticker a owner put on his private car. Not a GM thing.
Old 12-20-2014, 11:15 PM
therealviper
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by MaynardZed
So you have to void your warranty for it to competent at the track? Seems like GM is giving the middle finger to the 5% of owners that will track their car. A calculated move by GM or just incompetence? Sadly probably the latter.
I don't think any serious tracker was not planning in the end to MOD his car. And even if not planning to mod, As soon as you are beat by a modded car.. you will mod the car.

I suppose, for the 5% who track, they could have upped the price 8-10K on everyone to cover the warranty work and then everyone would complain about the cost.

My guess, with a new engine, they will look at the problems and then fix the ecu if warranty work is reasonable.... maybe more so on a Z7 since that is of course the one for serious tracking.

So far the Tuners have said it does not appear to be a heat soak problem... that verdict is still out.

And since the reduction in power is coming in quite cool weather , under 30 degrees, that seems to indicate it might not be heat soak and certainly not in its entirety...

In my case, I wish it was perfect, but I'll never take more than one pass at any one....

regards,

Viper
Old 12-21-2014, 01:46 PM
sam90lx
Le Mans Master

Received 172 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Tool Hoarder
What's the point of having 650 horse if it only lasts for a few runs? These cars are going to be pigs at summer HPDEs. As others have said, the C5Z and C6Zs really ran hard for their power because of the light weight and aero. Those videos brought back good memories! Go Chevy GO!

The "Nurburgring" Edition is a cheesy sticker a owner put on his private car. Not a GM thing.
I assume Bondurant in Phoenix AZ will have the C7Z, may have to park them for a few months though with 100-115 degree temps.
Old 12-21-2014, 02:29 PM
HHughes1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't believe that no actual data logging has been done yet with all this conjecture floating about.
Old 12-21-2014, 02:59 PM
heavychevy
Safety Car

Received 179 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by therealviper
I don't think any serious tracker was not planning in the end to MOD his car. And even if not planning to mod, As soon as you are beat by a modded car.. you will mod the car.

I suppose, for the 5% who track, they could have upped the price 8-10K on everyone to cover the warranty work and then everyone would complain about the cost.

My guess, with a new engine, they will look at the problems and then fix the ecu if warranty work is reasonable.... maybe more so on a Z7 since that is of course the one for serious tracking.

So far the Tuners have said it does not appear to be a heat soak problem... that verdict is still out.

And since the reduction in power is coming in quite cool weather , under 30 degrees, that seems to indicate it might not be heat soak and certainly not in its entirety...

In my case, I wish it was perfect, but I'll never take more than one pass at any one....

regards,

Viper
Disagree, there are plenty of cars at the track running stock hp. Especially in the first couple of years. And with GM's generous track failure coverage there will be plenty incentive to stay stock.

There in lies the biggest disappointment, 650 is about all you can really put to the ground efficiently with decent aero. You rarely see even modded cars with more power. So I'm sure many people like me looked at this car as not needing anything and ready to go ***** out with a warranty to boot. Only for this to happen and screw it all up.

People may have considered modding aero, wheels, tires and reducing weight. But I doubt power was on the list for avid road racers. And unfortunately power is the one thing that will void warranty on the powertrain. Which is the most valuable part of the warranty.

From what we have seen so far, this car accelerates like a sub 500 hp car on the track. So is that what is to be expected come track season? C7Z owners getting walked by stock powered ZR1, Viper, GTR's, GT3, Mustangs even?

Appears so at this juncture unless you mod it to what? 750 hp? And stuff starts breaking for real. And no warranty.

Last edited by heavychevy; 12-21-2014 at 03:05 PM.

Quick Reply: 2015 Z06 vs 2015 Nissan GTR (both stock)