C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Convertible 1598, one step closer!

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2014, 01:58 PM
dlparsons
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Convertible 1598, one step closer!

You guys are going to be so happy once my car is here and I stop cluttering the Forum with useless celebrations LOL But looks like she got loaded onto a transport truck some time in the last 3 hours. I checked at 11 and had no movement, at 1:30 she's in a new location on the lot that appears to be a transport truck load. looks like she might be the first car on the top tier since I know she was 5th car in line to load (at least according to the OnStar photos anyway).

It's getting so close I can taste it!!!! Too bad I won't have her here tomorrow, supposed to be near 60 for a brief moment before winter returns.
Old 12-26-2014, 02:06 PM
dlparsons
Drifting

Just checked again, and she's rolling down the highway. I'm just days away now!!! 630 miles to go!
Old 12-26-2014, 02:27 PM
91ZR1
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by dlparsons
Just checked again, and she's rolling down the highway. I'm just days away now!!! 630 miles to go!
Congratulations Denise!
I believe I will probably hear you all the way down in SC when you finally lay eyes on her, or him?
Old 12-26-2014, 03:47 PM
2vettes
Le Mans Master

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts

Old 12-26-2014, 11:00 PM
MrZR1sc
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Congrates Denise!

Our Z06 vert arrived today VIN#1800. Can't wait to get her home to to be with her garage mate our 2010 ZR1!
Attached Images     

Last edited by MrZR1sc; 12-27-2014 at 09:32 AM.
Old 12-27-2014, 08:57 AM
JDIllon
Melting Slicks

Received 297 Likes on 78 Posts

Congrats! Hope it will be a happy NEW YEAR!! JD
Old 12-27-2014, 09:35 AM
Red C8 of Jax
Safety Car

Received 1,113 Likes on 753 Posts

Do you think the truck driver will take Saturday and Sunday off and park his load?
Old 12-27-2014, 10:57 AM
RandomTask
Race Director

Received 276 Likes on 144 Posts

Where is it getting delivered?! My car was done earlier last week. Wondering if its on the same truck to criswell
Old 12-27-2014, 10:57 AM
dlparsons
Drifting

Originally Posted by Red-C6 of Jax
Do you think the truck driver will take Saturday and Sunday off and park his load?
Nope, he's driving as we speak. He got as far as Wytheville, VA last night and stayed the night at a hotel. He started out this morning around 9am and started heading due east towards Richmond, VA. Which I assume is going to be his first delivery stop. I should be looking at a Monday/Tuesday delivery or before.
Old 12-27-2014, 11:01 AM
dlparsons
Drifting

Originally Posted by MrZR1sc
Our Z06 vert arrived today VIN#1800. Can't wait to get her home to to be with her garage mate our 2010 ZR1!
CONGRATS!!! But darn you, I was hoping to have the first convertible on the ground LOL geez, how did 1800 get delivered before 1598 - I'm sure it was my late decision to divert from the Museum to the dealer. Again, congrats and enjoy! The good thing is, this delay has given me a chance to save some serious money. Just chatted with a club member yesterday and I can save almost 1% off my car loan by going through Navy Federal. My nephew is active Navy and has an account, now I just need my sister to get an account and then I can get get an account with her membership as a sponsor. So this buys me a few days to rearrange my financing through them instead of the loan I got approved for through Bank of America. So I guess things happen for a reason :-) This change will save me thousands over time.
Old 12-27-2014, 11:07 AM
dlparsons
Drifting

Originally Posted by RandomTask
Where is it getting delivered?! My car was done earlier last week. Wondering if its on the same truck to criswell
If yours is going to Criswell, it's highly likely they're on the same truck. Mine is going to Sport Chevrolet, so yours will probably get dropped before mine since the driver is coming up 95 from Richmond. He's about an hour from Richmond right now.

I'm tempted to drive to Criswell and follow the truck over when it arrives :-) I'm about 10 minutes from Criswell, but Sport sponsors my club so I got preferred placement in the wait list because of that - it was the difference between getting a car now and probably waiting until the 2016 model with Criswell.
Old 12-27-2014, 11:24 AM
RandomTask
Race Director

You should do it! Lemme know if you see a blue Z07 w/ black wheels and CFV
Old 12-27-2014, 12:29 PM
dlparsons
Drifting

You should do it! Lemme know if you see a blue Z07 w/ black wheels and CFV
Is yours going to the VA beach area? If so, potentially you could get yours before mine. If he is stopping in Richmond, it would make sense to make VA Beach the next stop before heading north. I'll let you know if he continues east from Richmond or heads north from there. I should know that in a couple hours. He's about 45 mins west of Richmond right now.
Old 12-27-2014, 12:46 PM
C6Tim
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Congratulations! I'm considering a next model year Z06 vert. I've always been a removable hard top or hard top vert kinda guy but strongly considering going cloth for the first time. I'll be very interested in hearing yours and others views on this years vert to help me decide so post lot's of pics and reviews!
Old 12-27-2014, 01:54 PM
RandomTask
Race Director

Is yours going to the VA beach area? If so, potentially you could get yours before mine. If he is stopping in Richmond, it would make sense to make VA Beach the next stop before heading north. I'll let you know if he continues east from Richmond or heads north from there. I should know that in a couple hours. He's about 45 mins west of Richmond right now.
Nope. Mine is going to criswell. I'm in alexandria now, just haven't updated my location :P
Old 12-27-2014, 02:07 PM
dlparsons
Drifting

Nope. Mine is going to criswell. I'm in alexandria now, just haven't updated my location :P
Cool, I'll keep an eye out for it. At the moment mine is now south of Richmond heading southbound - going the wrong way :-( he's pulled in at a gas station just south of Emporia, VA. So guess it will be Monday/Tuesday now before she gets up north here. I am assuming no deliveries will be made tomorrow.
Old 12-27-2014, 02:10 PM
dlparsons
Drifting

Originally Posted by C6Tim
Congratulations! I'm considering a next model year Z06 vert. I've always been a removable hard top or hard top vert kinda guy but strongly considering going cloth for the first time. I'll be very interested in hearing yours and others views on this years vert to help me decide so post lot's of pics and reviews!
For what it's worth, I had a C6 Convertible for 3 years and was very pleased with the progress soft-tops have made over the years. It was air and water tight, although I will admit there as a bit more road noise than I would expect if it had been a coupe. I am hoping this one will be even tighter. I tested response time of the operation of the top between the C6 and C7Z and they were almost identical, but the C7s do not have a latch on them and can be operated at low-speed, where the C6 required you be in park to operate. This would be very useful in times like when I was in the middle of a parade and the rain would start or stop.

Get notified of new replies

To Convertible 1598, one step closer!

Old 12-27-2014, 11:18 PM
SSTEVEGS
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Can't wait to hear everyone's reviews on the Vert! Congrats on the new car...
Old 12-28-2014, 09:04 AM
2vettes
Le Mans Master

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts

For what it's worth, I had a C6 Convertible for 3 years and was very pleased with the progress soft-tops have made over the years. It was air and water tight, although I will admit there as a bit more road noise than I would expect if it had been a coupe. I am hoping this one will be even tighter. I tested response time of the operation of the top between the C6 and C7Z and they were almost identical, but the C7s do not have a latch on them and can be operated at low-speed, where the C6 required you be in park to operate. This would be very useful in times like when I was in the middle of a parade and the rain would start or stop.
Contrary to what some think, studies have shown that the convertible is actually quieter than the coupe with passenger compartment not closed off from the hatch area.
Old 12-28-2014, 09:56 AM
Steelvette
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 2vettes
Contrary to what some think, studies have shown that the convertible is actually quieter than the coupe with passenger compartment not closed off from the hatch area.
I read that exact fact and was blown away!! After having my C5 coupe with the glass top I cannot wait to hear (and freakin DRIVE the difference)

Quick Reply: Convertible 1598, one step closer!